Redders

Get in the Van.
Reaction score
I haven't played FM in an age, nor have I posted on here in an age but I would like to start both again in preperation for FM2010.

Anyway, before I left I started a story which I got bored with, however I am back and bringing the story back...well I am stealing part of it.

Some of you may have seen the starting article before...I don't care...but I will try be as entertaining as possible with my posts so you don't lose interest.

Anyway, here goes nothing;

introductionbbcarticle.jpg

Good Luck redders il also be following ur story

Haha I love the picture in the article. Good luck Redders.

Cheers for the responses.

BLUE BRAZIL APPOINT READMAN

Cowdenbeath%20crest.jpg

Semi-professional Scottish third division club, Cowdenbeath have appointed former Crewe hitman James Readman as their new manager for the start of the 08/09 season.

After ending his playing career mid season, Readman has been working towards his coaching badges as well as searching for a managerial position, and is delighted that Chairman Jim Methven has offered him the chance to get back into football.

In a short startement given to the clubs website, Readman said; "It's a great club with a long and growing history, I'm very proud to be given this opportunity".

"I didn't want to start the season out of a job, and away from football and I'm very happy Jim has given me this opportunity".

However, with what is thought to be a low transfer budget - rumoured to be around £2k - and high expectations, many fans are already questioning the appointment.

Despite the low transfer funds, it is believed on his first day in the job Readman has made bids or enquired about no less than 7 players, including 17 year old Dundee striker, Ryan Dow.

Sounds like a very good story is about to be born.

Good luck i will be following

One of my mates was on holiday last year and was at the same hotel as the Cowdenbeath team who where on a team holiday.

Good luck again

PRE-SEASON FRIENDLY ROUND-UP
22/07/08

Blue Brazil finished off their pre-season friendlies today with a draw against Oxford Utd. There was a decent start to the game and John Gemmell put the Beath one nil up after 15 minutes. Despite having chances to double the lead, the hosts went in with just the one goal advantage. In the second half Blue Brazil made just one change with goal scorer Gemmell coming off being replaced with top scorer Paul McQuade.

Just 7 minutes into the second half, Oxford grabbed an equaliser through striker James Constable. Despite both teams having chances to win the match, the game ended 1-1.

This draw comes on the back of home two home friendly losses to Leeds Utd (2-0) and Readman's old boys Crewe (3-0) and a 1-0 away win at Inverurie Loco Works.

BRAVE BEATH OUT AFTER PENS
26/07/08

Cowdenbeath were today knocked out of the Challenge Cup in the 1st round after a battling performance against Scottish Second division side, Brechin.

The match was a bore until the the 25th minute when Beaths on loan CB David Armstrong picked up a knock, he managed to carry on until just before half time, when not only he, but defender Derek Fleming and RW Brian Fairbairn were carried off injured. Kenny Adamson, new boy Steven Naray and defender Joe Mbu were forced on minutes before half time.

Despite the set backs at the end of the first half, the Blue Brazil took the lead 3 minutes into the second half. A RW cross from Marek Tomana was wonderfully volleyed in by on loan RB John Armstrong deployed in a DMC role for today's game.

12 minutes later things took a turn for the worse for the home side however, when another player - John Gemmell - was forced off by yet another injury. Cowdenbeath would have to see out the remainding 30mins with 10 men. Two minutes after going down to 10, Brechin were back in the game. A poor tackle by Tommy Wilson just inside the area allowed Brechin striker Rory McAllister to score on his debut from 12 yards.

However, surprisingly the home side struck back. With Tomana grabbing a goal of his own from another RW cross this time delivered by captain Mark Baxter. The beath were 2-1 up after 68 minutes.

This lasted just 4 minutes though with Kevin Byers slotting the ball home after some poor defending. 2-2 72mins.

The rest of the match, and extra time were rather uneventful with little to show from either side. So the game would be settled on penalties.

Penalties: (Cowdenbeath first)

Sandy Hodge - Scored
Rory McAllister - Scored
Kenny Adamson - Scored
Ian Nimmo - Scored
Tommy Wilson - Missed (Over the bar)
Stephen Ettien - Scored
John Armstrong - Scored
Kevin Byers - Scored
Joe Mbu - Scored
Steve Canning - Scored

Cowdenbeath 2 (4) - (5) 2(p) Brechin.

1 Draw 3 Lost 1 Won

Could of been better

This is a really good read keep up the good work

Sounds like a very good story is about to be born.

Good luck i will be following

One of my mates was on holiday last year and was at the same hotel as the Cowdenbeath team who where on a team holiday.

Good luck again

Could not have been anywhere nice

1 Draw 3 Lost 1 Won

Could of been better

This is a really good read keep up the good work

Nice way to keep spirits up.

Good luck James. Hopefully you can a few promotions in with Cowden before moving on.

good luck redders, i will be following you with interest. it has the makings of a brill story

i read that first bit and thought it was real, this could be one story

me too hahahahah, looked real to me! i had to read it 3 times as well as all the other posts just to make sure!
exciting stuff! keep it up!
try see if you can get Emmanuel Mayuka and Rudolph Austin from teh shortlist attached here for your team!
they could come, you might even find some other players (hopefully) Austin was bought for 2k in one of my saves so there is a possibilty! <)

i also thought it was real i was like joey barton you k**b

i hate Joey Barton!

thats quite a good poll to start! hahaah

that would be a good poll, then again you might be suprised at the result and not that many people dislike him lol