Scullybug

Reaction score
I got asked in a press conference if I should have got a penalty or not so I said that perhaps the officials got it wrong. Next thing I know I have a warning from the FA and the board are "displeased" with the attention placed on the club.

Managers say that officials got decisions wrong week in week out and never get warned by the FA so why can't I at least speak my mind in a press conference? Im now restricted to either being lame and sitting on the fence or saying it wasnt a penalty. Why are the FA so tetchy about it on FM?

They warn me all the time, but I do it again. I only do it though when the decision could have been in my favor. I've heard some people got touchline bans but it didn't happen to me yet.

Yeah I've only been suspended when I've done it quite a few times. Once I complained and it said something along the lines of "the FA were strangely silent" meaning they really did get the call wrong.

You need to carefully look at the play in question to determine whether it was right or wrong. Never question tackles, animations are goofy and there really isnt a way to tell if it was correct. The only thing worth questioning are offsides calls.

Penalty decisions are worth questioning if the commentary says something along the lines of 'That penalty looked harsh' if you conceded one or 'Was that a penalty? It looked like one!' If you have a penalty appeal turned down.

Penalty decisions are worth questioning if the commentary says something along the lines of 'That penalty looked harsh' if you conceded one or 'Was that a penalty? It looked like one!' If you have a penalty appeal turned down.

this, normally if the commentary says something along them lines or "that was a dubious decision!" you can ***** about it safely.

i haver had a touchline ban coz in press conferences i always try to critisize the ref (even if he got the decision right) for true banter. i got one anyway and my next game was as arsenal vs man utd and guess wat .............. we won 4 - 1 it was at old trafford as well ******* quality ASSISSTANT

Mmm I might start going to press conferences now, iv had pens against when it says they have more than likely dived..

If the commentary favors you, you can say whatever and the FA will be "strangely silent." I once got a touchline ban, the board got ****** off because I wasn't doing too hot and got sacked lol.

If I say something like the ref got it wrong, then afterwards, say that the refs are only human and they have a difficult job (or whatever it is) I pretty much get away with it. As it's pretty much true.

Every time I've disagreed with a penalty decision, it's proved that the referee made the correct call so I don't bother, anymore.

I bitched about a penalty decision one week, then my player got sent off next week but the commentator said "It looked harsh" so a said it wasnt a red card. BOOM! FA touchline ban and the board telling me to watch my behaviour..

Also every time ive bitched about ANY decision, even if the commentator says at the time the ref may have got it wrong, it always ends up saying "even though the replays show the referee got it right".

FM never since ive played it, stated the referee got the wrong decision.

Yeah it's pretty rare you get the "strangely silent" remark, and even then it doesn't actually affect anything except your personal satisfaction.
It's particularly annoying when the game glitches and a goal really is obviously offside/not offside, but they still act like it was the right call. This hasn't happened to me in awhile though, seems to be an error from the earlier versions

You will be ban if you always criticise the ref decision it happen to me once

I've been warned a few times, never a touchline ban though, would like to get that.

Don't know if there's a difference between leagues but in Sweden I usually get banned every third time. Don't know if it resets every season or after you change club. Pretty much every time I got a chance to tell everyone that the officials are blindfolded sheeps I do so, atleast if I'm in a secure position at the club.

I got a touchline ban a few seasons back just before the manchester derby. We won 4-3
View attachment 240376 i dont have a screen shot saying i was ban tho :/ was a few seasons ago