swfc4evrjosh

Reaction score

Wednesday Replace Irvine

Sheffield Wednesday have had to replace former manager Alan Irvine with a less experienced guy in Richard Wright.
Alan had been suffering from severe depression after he led 3 times FA cup, 4 times Premier League, and 1 league cup winners Sheffield Wednesday into Npower League one, they're demoralising end out of the Npower championship was on the last day of the 2009/2010 football season when his side couldn't resist fellow struggler's Crystal Palace.

View attachment 115803

Is Wright the right man?

This is what local newspaper "The star" was asking to local fans in and around Hillsborough today, they're views are of a disbelieving one and one fan said "He's got no experience whatsoever in managing a football side, and especially of one with high expectations such as this one, so I cannot see this being a very good choice of management but we shall see".

View attachment 115805

Wright's words

Press: Hello Mr Wright.
Mr Wright: Afternoon.
Press: How do you feel about being appointed the new manager of Sheffield Wednesday?
Mr Wright: I'm speachless, I got the call from new owner Milan Manderic about 8 o'clock this morning, I was truly speechless, having grown up around hillsborough and been a big supporter of the club I was very very happy.
Press: People say your not very experienced enough to cope with being manager of a club like Sheffield Wednesday, how do you go about answering that one?
Mr Wright: Well, all I can say is watch this space..
Press: And what can we expect from you in terms of league position by the end of the season?
Mr Wright: I am aiming for automatic promotion, whether that is first or second we'll have to see.
Press: Finally, what can we see from you in the transfer market?
Mr Wright: Well, I have some good players already at the club and It's going to be hard with the money situation as Milan is formally taking over around December time so I'll have to work along side Mr Howard Wilkinson and Mr Nick Parker to see if I am able to bring in quality players to boost our promotion chance.
Press: Thank you for coming out and talking to us and congratulations on the new job.
Mr Wright: No problem and thanks very much.

Update coming soon..

Transfers (in and out)

IN

1) Sam Sodje - Free transfer.

View attachment 116094
Sam is very knowledgeable centre half and he knows the game inside out.

2) Fred Sears - End of season loan from West Ham United.

View attachment 116095

A little pacey striker that knows where the goal is and hopefully can do a job for us this season.

3) Salva - Free Transfer

View attachment 116100

A striker with vast experience under his belt, Hopefully he can use his experience to bang some goals in this season.

4) Romano Denneboom - Free transfer.

View attachment 116101

A winger/striker that we managed to pick up for nothing, He's a fast player that can cause players a lot of problems.

5) jay emmanuel thomas - 3 month loan from Arsenal

View attachment 116103

A player that can play in nearly every position on the pitch, he's a valuable player to have and I'm hoping I can do a deal with arsenal to keep him on for the rest of the season.

OUT

No players have gone out for sheffield wednesday.

Wednesday Storm There Pre-season Friendlies.

Sheffield Wednesday 1 - Liaoning 0
Goalscorer - Paul Heffernan.

Tamworth 0 - Sheffield Wednesday 5
Goalscorers - Clinton Morisson x3, Darren Potter, Marcus Tudgay.

Stocksbridge 0 - Sheffield Wednesday 4
Goalscorers - Salva, Fred sears, Liam Palmer x2

Sheffield Wednesday 3 - Porto Alegre 1
Goal scorers - Fred sears, Gary Teale, Neil Mellor

Update coming soon..

Last edited:
good start im following :)

Glad that someone is :p
cheers mate :D

---------- Post added at 10:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:42 PM ----------

First day in the new job​

Joshua Wright is facing his first test as new Sheffield Wednesday manager when his team come up against Colchester united, We ask Wright what his mentality going into the game is, Wright words;Well I want to push on and try to attack from the off but we are away and I do want to becareful because Colchester has experience of being in this league and obviously it's our first domestic season in this league and I want to gain those valuable 3 points to kick start our season.

Final score = Colchester 2 - Sheffield Wednesday 1
Goal scorer - Giles Coke

The rest of the results from the rest of August

League Cup first round
Sheffield Wednesday 4 - Lincoln City 2
Goal scorers - Fred Sears x2, Paul Heffernan, Darren Potter

View attachment 116155

Sheffield Wednesday 4 - Exeter 1
Goal scorers - Salva, Darren purse, Liam Palmer, Neil Mellor

Southampton 1 - Sheffield Wednesday 1
Goal scorer - Mark Beevers

League Cup Second Round
Sheffield Wednesday 3 - Hull City 1
Goal scorers - Clinton Morrison, Fred Sears, Liam Palmer

View attachment 116155

Sheffield Wednesday 2 - Huddersfield 0
Goal scorers - Daniel Jones, Fred Sears

The overview

These are the results from August and I'm happy with the results and were showing we can be a dominate force to handle with beating good teams that are flying high up their, Hull city put up a good fight but we showed we were no pushovers and we got the win and were through to the 3rd round of the league cup. As for the league, were in a steady position and were scoring lots of goals which for us to get out of this league you have to do so I'm happy.

Top Goalscorer for August is..

Fred sears with 4 goals to his name, keep firing them in freddy!!

View attachment 116156

Last edited:
These are the results for September

Bristol Rovers 2 - Sheffield Wednesday 1
Goal scorer - Fred Sears

Sheffield Wednesday 3 - Oldham Athletic 2
Goal scorers - Tommy Miller, Clinton Morrison, Salva

Leyton Orient 2 - Sheffield Wednesday 0
No goalscorers for Sheffield Wednesday in this match unfortunately.

League cup 3rd Round
Middlesborough 1 - Sheffield Wednesday 2 (extra time win)
Goal scorers - Giles Coke, Marcus Tudgay

Bournemouth 1 - Sheffield Wednesday 1
Goal scorer - Clinton Morrison.

Sheffield Wednesday 0 - Carlisle 0
No goal scorers for Sheffield Wednesday in this match unfortunately.

The Overview​

Well, firstly it was tremendous for us to go back to Sheffield with a win under our belt against a team that is looking for promotion to the premiership but I still need to work on tactics etc because the results we are showing in the league it's not on and were never going to get out of this league first time around with results like these, so if we concentrate on putting in the performances in the league and in the cups etc then I think we stand in good stead for a successful season, thank you.

Top goalscorer for September is..

Fred Sears, he's added 1 more goal to his 4 goals he got in august which is surprising because I felt he was going to get more but that's football.

View attachment 116186