Weird installion of the game

Reaction score
I've only just got the game.
I received the game on Thursday Jan 29th from a seller on Ebay for £18.
I've read many stories about installation headaches but here's my take on it.
My installation was very strange, I chose Steam, which turned out to be a bad move. I went through all the registration processes which I though was compulsory (maybe it is initially) in order to get the game up and running.
At one point I was told the game wasn't 'available at the moment' or words to that effect. Later I had a message saying something like the game will be 'ready in 7 hours 54 minutes' .. what was that about?

After about an hour or so I soon became tired of the messages and uninstalled Steam and FM 2009.
I deleted everything in my registry named Steam and reinstalled the game.
This time to my relief, it was a normal installation and I just had to confirm/authenticate my keycode over the internet which took a few seconds.
Couldn't I have just done that first time around?
Have most of you had similar experiences?

My missus bought me the game via Steam (not what I would have chosen - I hate digital downloads!). But it downloaded and installed easily enough. Seems like I may have got lucky with that, as it seems there have been a lot of problems with the whole 'authentication' routine with hard copies of the game.

Quite frankly Steam is easy to use. I prefer digital downloads over a hard copy and Steam is perfect for that.

I've only just got the game.
I received the game on Thursday Jan 29th from a seller on Ebay for £18.
I've read many stories about installation headaches but here's my take on it.
My installation was very strange, I chose Steam, which turned out to be a bad move. I went through all the registration processes which I though was compulsory (maybe it is initially) in order to get the game up and running.
At one point I was told the game wasn't 'available at the moment' or words to that effect. Later I had a message saying something like the game will be 'ready in 7 hours 54 minutes' .. what was that about?

After about an hour or so I soon became tired of the messages and uninstalled Steam and FM 2009.
I deleted everything in my registry named Steam and reinstalled the game.
This time to my relief, it was a normal installation and I just had to confirm/authenticate my keycode over the internet which took a few seconds.
Couldn't I have just done that first time around?
Have most of you had similar experiences?

Sounds like it was updating the game to the latest patch for you.