Reaction score
Hello again

Yes, iam back with ANOTHER story with the Spartans but with a little difference. Iam not going to be the manager but as a fan and how i feel about following my team. I hope it works !!

News Post Leader

Former player Peter Cartwright as been appointed the new manager of Blyth Spartans Football Club. Peter has signed a deal which will see him at the North-East club for 2 years. The former centre midfielder wanted to return to football after being sacked from Astley High School for locking a kid inside a cupboard. The Blyth players will be able to meet Cartwright for the first time tomorrow night for his first training session.

"Great. My Maths teacher is incharge of my favourite team, could this be any worse?"

BlythSpartans.png

Pre Season Fixtures

Luton H
Berwick H
Cheltenham H
Leigh A
Lochee H
Ballymoney H
Whitley Bay A

---------- Post added at 07:59 PM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 09:42 PM ----------

Pre Season Part I

The Signings

Well Cartwright has impressed me so far after having a look in the transfer market. The board has told him he can spend a maximum of £5,000 and £4,300 on players wages. These are the few signings he has already completed in bringing to the club.

- Joe Tait(Cousin of other player Michael Tait) - Centre Back

- Leandro Scartascini (Weird player from Argentina, have know idea who he is) - Striker

With these two players likely to be in the set up on sunday(Luton Game) us fans will be able to see if he has made good signings or just wasting the clubs time.

Vs Luton Town - 12/07/09

Well Mr Cartwright couldn't of made it any worse after losing 5 goals to nil. Decent crowd turned up and his two signings didnt shine out as much as we intisipated. Iam just hoping that we can do better against Berwick in a few days.

Vs Berwick - 14/07/09

This game Mr Cartwright really looked like he wanted a win and we got close to it. It ended 1 all in the end with a great goal from McCabe just about on the hour mark. This is what us fans are wanting to see. A fighting spirit.

Vs Cheltenham - 17/07/09

With another bigger team i wasnt expecting to get anything out of this game which we didnt. But we were treated to a good game of football. It did end 4-1 to them but a goal from Alexander really highlighted the match overall. We can do well as a team and there shouldn't be a reason we can do well this season with this sqaud.

---------- Post added at 09:03 PM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 07:59 PM ----------

Pre Season Part II

Team News

With a poor start to the reign of Cartwright, a major blow has occured at the club. Striker John Alexander suffered an injury in the game against Lochee United which will see him out of action for around a full year. Iam sure that the rest of the fans and team players will wish John a successful and speedy recovery.

Games

Vs Leigh Genesis

Well overall i wasnt to impressed with the performance of the team today away from home. We were beaten 3-2. The team were arguing over eachother's mistakes and Leigh took advantage of us. Kenny Boyles goals did make the game better from our point of view but me and the fans expected a comfertable win.

Vs Lochee United

The first thing to mension is Alexander's injury. It wasnt pritty at all. He was in really bad pain and was sent straight to hospital. But the game was very entertaining. We went behind early on but Robbie Dale made sure of a 2-1 victory. Two goals in the space of 2 minutes went down a treat with us fans and is our first victory of pre season. We are looking for more of this.

Vs Ballymoney

Today's game was much better with team moral up after the last win. A 2-1 victory was the final score with goals from new signing Joe Tait and a fantastic own goal. They managed to pull one back late on but we won. Get in there !!

Vs Whitley Bay

With a rivaly between the clubs us Spartans really wanted and should get three points but that was not the case. Former player Phil Bell gave Bay the lead on 8 minutes. But Turnbull equalised on the half hour mark. It all went quiet until the last 10 minutes when striker Leon Ryan headered Bay back in front. We thought that that could be it until Michael Tait got a brake and blaired it past there keeper. Us fans were going mental. But thats wasnt the end. Leon Ryan got in a late header which narrowly beat Bell and in. There fans went buzzerk and so did Spartan player Gillies which saw him get his 2nd yellow of the game. And that saw him off the pitch and the game ended before the kick off. So it ended Bay 3 Blyth 2.

New Signings

Peter Cartwright had seen that our right back position was the poorest so he tried to find a better player and he managed to scramble Michael Kay on loan from the Mackems. He will be with Spartans for a season and will be welcomed with open arms this season.

With the terrible news of losing a striker for the season and replacement will be needed so Cartwrigh has brought in St Kitts and Nevis striker Aaron Moses-Garvey in on a free transfer. Aaron played for Birmingham last year and later released. Iam sure that the rest of the team will welocme the teen to the club.

Club's Sqaud

Keepers - Mark Bell, Jack Norton, Craig Turns

Defence - Darren Craddock, Michael Kay, Kenny Boyle, Richard Forster, Steve Harrison, John Brackstone, Joe Tait

Midfield - Gareth Williams, Stephan Turnbull, Simon Todd, Mark Doninger, Adie Webster, Chris McCabe, Josh Gillies, Michael Tait,

Strikers - Robbie Dale, Paul Brayson, Aaron Moses-Garvey, Leoandro Scartascini, Ian Graham, John Alexander, Shaun Reay(Loaned Out)

---------- Post added at 09:30 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 09:03 PM ----------

August 8th - 15th

Vs AFC Telford - Shropshire

1 - Mark Bell - 7/10
2 - Michael Kay - 5/10
3 - John Brackstone - 5/10
4 - Richard Forster - 5/10
5 - Joe Tait - 6/10
6 - Chris McCabe - 4/10
7 - Paul Brayson - 6/10
8 - Gareth Williams - 7/10
9 - Robert Dale - 7/10 (G)
10 - Josh Gillies - 6/10
11 - Leoandro Scartascini - 6/10

Sub1 - Kenny Boyle - 6/10
Sub2 - Michael Tait - 5/10

Well with a long treck down to Wales we really hoped that it will be worth it. A good game of football was played but it ended up 2-1 to Telford. A goal from Robbie Dale on stoppage time made up for Mark Bell's own goal and a Andy Brown header early on. Richard Forster was taken off just before half time with a broken foot which see's him out for 5 months.

Vs Southport - Home

1 - Mark Bell - 5/10
2 - Michael Kay - 6/10
3 - John Brackstone - 6/10
4 - Darren Craddock - 7/10 - MoM
5 - Joe Tait - 5/10
6 - Gareth Williams - 5/10
7 - Adie Webster - 5/10
8 - Robbie Dale - 5/10
9 - Michael Tait - 5/10
10 - Paul Brayson - 5/10
11 - Leoandro Scartascini - 5/10

Sub1 - Stephen Turnbull - 5/10
Sub2 - Josh Gillies - 5/10

It's the first home game of the season ended in a no score draw. With end to end stuff through out the game either side could of taken the points. The attendence was just under 500 with about 20 of their fans.

Vs Redditch - Home

1. Mark Bell - 6/10
2. Steven Harrison - 3/10
3. Darren Craddock - 6/10
4. Kenny Boyle - 5/10
5. Joe Tait - 5/10
6. Josh Gillies - 5/10
7. Robbie Dale - 6/10
8. Gareth Williams - 7/10
9. Paul Brayson - 4/10
10. Stephen Turnbull - 6/10
11. Leoandro Scartascini - 4/10

Sub1. Michael Tait - 6/10
Sub2. Aaron Moses - 5/10

With the Birmingham side coming up to the north and a poor start an expected win was on the cards. But that didnt end up to be the case. On 76 minutes Redditch get a chance and score. Blyth couldnt do anything and it ended 0-1 to Redditch. Robbie Dale was checked over and has a twisted knee which sidelines him for a month.