What are the best tips for making a successful tactic?

• Thread starter Thread starter Conorcfc
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 2K

Conorcfc

Reaction score
I've started to get bored of FM lately, mainly because I use the loaded tactics on here and tactics by guys like Raikan, Mr Hough, Brobs etc are just too good and I find myself breezing through most of my saves.

So I've decided the logical thing to do is to start creating my own tactics. Problem being that I haven't a clue where to start, what to tweak, how high to put 1 bar, how low to put another bar.

If someone could give me the basics and give me some tips to making a decent tactic it would be highly appreciated.

Apologies if this thread isn't in the right place or there is 1 similar.

If you want a challenge pick a team from Blue square and work your way up, Dont worry about tactics just yet.

have your starting squad ready then hit the tactic making, Being at a Lower level means aslong as you play them in their Fav position and role they will perform as well as they can, meaning you only have to change small things in the indavidual player instructions like Long shots, Run with ball ETC.

with each new signing change tactic to suit so the players slot right in and perform at that level.

when you start moving up the leagues and getting better players, staff and scouting around useing Scouts ( a whole diffrent part of the game thats fun ) creating your own training aswell for each role and position. Searching for youth and have them training positions and prefferd moves. Start getting old players to Tutor youth to make them learn a bit more and gain Friendships in turn Increaseing Squad harmony

Start doing everything thats Involved in Football manager.

Before you know it you start spending Hours In pre seasons, playing Friendlies doing the lot making the game so much more fun to play.

Set personal Objectives to give yourself a goal to reach is another way of keeping intrest.

Depending on what team you support go watch some Videos of your team and watch how they play, try to Emulate that in the tactics aswell, this is another great way of leanring how to make effective tactics.

hope this helps,

1 last thing, Read Fm stories about people who start low and work they way up, even youtube FM 2012 playthroughs, you would be surprised just how motivated it will get you to start something longterm.

I dont this with Luton in Fm2010 and Newport in 2011 got 10+ seasons in each and then moved onto new games ect.

let me know how you get on.

I suppose you're right, that is the real way to play Football Manager. I always struggle with such games because I like to manage teams where I actually know a player or 2, so it's on like a personal level. And I don't mean I just play with like City, Inter etc. I've done the Championship, League 1 etc before but never ventured as low as the Blue Square. Think I'll have a bit more patience with it than usual, I once did a Peterhead save in Scotish Div 3, then a few months later my team (Celtic) played them and it was so surreal because I knew all the Peterhead players. :lol:

But I think I'll give it a bash. It'll be a whole new experience and it's sure to give longevity. Now just to pick a team that I fancy, honestly I have next to no clue about Blue Square teams so I'll end up picking a random team.

Thanks for the advice though mate, I'll let you know how I get on. Might even start a story up, as that's another thing i've yet to do.

Quick question... Is there any point in loading leagues like Brazil, Italy, Spain etc as playable? Mostly the reason I add them in as playable is to sign players/regens from those countries, but AFAIK, you can only really scout British players in the lower leagues?

I was thinking about leaving it out, loading in Britain & Ireland then adding them in later down the road.

Back