What do you think the quarterfinal draw will be?

curtis290

Reaction score
What do you guys think the quarter-final draw will look like? At first I was pretty sure ManU would draw Real Madrid because Ferguson might retire at the end of the season when ManU gets number 19, and that would mean no more Ferguson vs. Mourinho matchups. And of course, more importantly, it would be Ronaldo vs. his old club, and the two biggest clubs in the world facing off, and the ratings would be off the charts (who wouldn't love to see that game? it would be the most mouthwatering fixture of the season). But then again, they might decide it's too early to put two such good teams together. So now I'm thinking they'll just put both of those teams together on the same side of the bracket with Schalke and Shaktar.

ManU vs. S. Donetsk

Winner plays:

R. Madrid vs. Schalke (perhaps Shaktar and Schalke might switch places though)

Barcelona vs. Chelsea (would be a rematch of that semi-final the year before last, which people still haven't let go of)

Winner plays:

Inter vs. Tottenham

What do you guys think the draw will be?

uefa champions league 1/4 draw

fc barcelona vs tottenham hotspur
real madrid cf vs manchester united
chelsea vs inter milan
schalke vs shacktar donesk

Hoping for Tottenham v Schalke but i think we will draw an English side or Real Madrid.

Spurs v Manchester United
Barcelona v Shalke
Chelsea v Shakhtar
Real Madrid v Inter Milan​

Champions League 1/4 Final Draw -
Tottenham Hotspur v Internazionale
Manchester United v FC Barcelona
Chelsea v Schalke
Shakhtar Donetsk v Real Madrid

I'd go for:

United vs Real Madrid
Chelsea vs Shakhtar Donetsk
Shalke vs Inter
Barca vs Spurs

Spurs v Barcelona
United v Schalke
Inter v Shakhtar
Real M v Chelsea

I was on the Guardian web site earlier, and some lad who's clearly a bit weird reckons UEFA have rigged the draw (apparently he's 'spoken to sources' there) and the result will be: Chelsea vs Schalke, Barca v Spurs, Real Madrid vs Man Utd and Inter vs Shakhtar. An interesting draw, tie of the round being Madrid v United.

Barca vs Shakhtar
Tottenham vs Man Utd
Chelsea vs Schalke
Real Madrid vs Inter

I personally don't want an all-English draw at this stage , want to keep as many English teams in it as possible.
Chelsea v Tottenham final! (H)

United Vs.Schalke
Real Madrid Vs. Chelsea
Inter Milan Vs.Barcelona
Tottenham Vs. Shaktar Donestk

I was on the Guardian web site earlier, and some lad who's clearly a bit weird reckons UEFA have rigged the draw (apparently he's 'spoken to sources' there) and the result will be: Chelsea vs Schalke, Barca v Spurs, Real Madrid vs Man Utd and Inter vs Shakhtar. An interesting draw, tie of the round being Madrid v United.

Yeah that's a very likely outcome. The biggest matchup of course is ManU vs. Real Madrid, which should happen in this next round (or the teams draw Schalke and Shaktar and get to play each other in the semifinal). Chelsea vs. Inter would be a good one as well, as would Inter vs. Barca. There is the slight chance though that they might decide to do Barca vs. ManU to do a 2009 rematch and Real Madrid vs. Inter (Jose vs. his old club)...this is my other guess. If not, it's going to be ManU vs. Real Madrid, or more likely, ManU versus one of the two easy teams (Schalke and Shaktar) with R. Madrid in the next round.

Although obviously there's no proof that it's rigged, it's so obvious...the marquee matchups that everyone wants to see are always the outcome of the draw. I don't know how you can seriously think it's completely neutral. There's just too much money on the line.

I'd love United to get Barca or Real Madrid, really would.

If ManU draws Barca I'll probably put a few hundred dollars on ManU. They match up perfectly against Barca, you couldn't find a team that was more built to beat them. They have a great, physical defense and speedy, fit attacking players that counter-attack very well...it's definitely the way to beat Barca. If Barca is rock, than ManU is paper. Real Madrid is scissors though. Barca can easily beat Real Madrid, but I think Real Madrid will beat ManU.

Barcelona - Manchester
Real - Tottenham
Schalke - Shakhtar
Chelsea - Inter Milan

Would be awesome ^^)

Barcelona vs Manchester United
Chelsea vs Shakhtar
Real Madrid vs Tottenham
Schalke vs Inter Milan

Inter - Chelsea
Barcelona - Tottenham
Schalke - Shakhtar
Real - Manchester

Inter - Shaktar
Barcelona - Chelsea
Tottenham - Real Madrid
Schalke - Man Utd

Inter/Shaktar vs Tottenham/Real Madrid
Schalke/Man Utd vs Barcelona/Chelsea

You heard it here first.

was gonna merge this with the champs league thread, but will leave it open and edit it when the draw is made tomorrow

I think

Chelsea - Shaktar
Schalke - Tottenham
Manchester - Real Madrid
Inter- Barcelona

Inter - Shaktar
Barcelona - Chelsea
Tottenham - Real Madrid
Schalke - Man Utd

Inter/Shaktar vs Tottenham/Real Madrid
Schalke/Man Utd vs Barcelona/Chelsea

You heard it here first.

Even though this is different from what I predicted, it wouldn't surprise me. You guarantee ManU a shot in the semi-finals, which of course is great for revenue, and then you face them off against Barca (ratings would be epic) or Chelsea (which would guarantee an English team in the CL final). On the other side of the bracket, you make sure that Inter and Real Madrid square off in the semi-final (and give Inter the easier team, because they are much more likely to **** it up). That way we get Mourinho against his old team and we get Real Madrid in the final, almost certainly against ManU (would be an absolutely epic final), and if not, against Barca (would be the best sporting spectacle possible and also a great final) or Chelsea (Jose's old team, would also be a cool final). Yeah, I'm actually thinking this is by far the best guess on the thread.