Do you want a "Football Manager Assistant" iOS app?

• I want such an app

Votes: 19 86.4%
  • Not interested

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm a student in Computer Science, and I've been playing football manager a ton the past few weeks. And I found the forums, and stuff I've downloaded were really helpful for things like finding coaches (knowing how many stars they would have, ...), composing individual training schedules, ... But I felt that it's kinda annoying have to switch between Excel sheets, websites and football manager.

So I thought it might be helpful to have an iPhone app that let's you do a lot of that stuff.I thought about the name the app could have: "Football Manager Assistant". And of course, the app would be free.

I would work on this app the coming weeks, as I have very few classes in the coming weeks.I can tell you I do have experience with getting apps in the app store, I released my first app a few weeks ago. And my main focus points in creating the app would be (as they are in any app I create):
  1. It has to work good
  2. It has to be really user friendly (everything should be accessible with the least possible amount of clicks)
  3. It has to look good, but clean (because of point 2, no fancy stuff)
So now my question to the community is:
  1. Are you interested in such an app?
  2. Which tools do you want to be in an app like this?
Features
This as an overview of features I've already made, the ones I'm working on, and the ones that have been suggested here:

Ready
- Coach star calculator

Working on right now
- Individual training schedule calculator

Should be added by the first release
- Best position/role calculator

Might follow later
- Best formation and tempo vs oppositions' tempo and formation
- Possibility to find interesting players (maybe shortlist, maybe creating a small community where you could ask which players you should sign and comment on orders…)
- Tactic-formation planner/analyser (not sure how this should really work yet)

Other suggestions (I might consider this when there are many people asking for it)
- Financial stuff (I don't think this would work, as you would have to put a lot of data into the app, which would be to much work for the users)

Screenshots

Here are some early screenshots, but it gives a general idea about the app:
View attachment 231432View attachment 231433View attachment 231434
View attachment 232382View attachment 232383View attachment 232384

Last edited:
Yes, I would be interested in this sort of app as I'm not very good at FM admittedly, and would give me a helping hand for success.

In the app, it would be good, if time, to have a page on every Premier League club and good players to sign in 2012, and good players to sign in 2013, who to sell etc etc, and also include the biggest clubs from around the World. This would be a good starting point- you could add updates later. If you want to do more, you can, but I understand you're just starting out.

Also, if possible, can you do it on the UK App Store?

Yes, I would be interested in this sort of app as I'm not very good at FM admittedly, and would give me a helping hand for success.

In the app, it would be good, if time, to have a page on every Premier League club and good players to sign in 2012, and good players to sign in 2013, who to sell etc etc, and also include the biggest clubs from around the World. This would be a good starting point- you could add updates later. If you want to do more, you can, but I understand you're just starting out.

Also, if possible, can you do it on the UK App Store?
I would sell it in any app store around the world, because I don't feel there's a need for restrictions.

Also, I'm not really looking to make an app that contains data, I see it more as a tool to calculate stuff, like I said in the first post, calculate stars for coaches, calculate individual training schedules for your hot prospects, ...

I might add things for data later, but for now, I'd rather focus on tools.

I would sell it in any app store around the world, because I don't feel there's a need for restrictions.

Also, I'm not really looking to make an app that contains data, I see it more as a tool to calculate stuff, like I said in the first post, calculate stars for coaches, calculate individual training schedules for your hot prospects, ...

OK, that also sounds good.

I might add things for data later, but for now, I'd rather focus on tools.

So what features would this app have then if you dont mind me asking.

What would be a good feature it to have a tactic planner on the app.

So what features would this app have then if you dont mind me asking.
Well, like I said in my first post, so far I though of 2 features:
- Calculating how much stars a coach would get
- Calculating individual training schedules

I would like to include more features, but don't have enough ideas yet. So I'm always open for suggestions! And I'll consider the possibility to find the right players for your team and so... But first, I would like to add some more features like the calculating ones, you could call them more static features...

Could you do say tactics, formations and finances aswell please. Sounds like an awsome app and i eagerly await it.

Them features would be awesome if you can get it to work, thank you for your response.

Could you do say tactics, formations and finances aswell please. Sounds like an awsome app and i eagerly await it.
I'm not entirely sure what you mean, some tactics creator or something? And what finance functions would you like to see?

I think that's going to be hard, because you need to have data on your entire team and financial situation, so you would have to input that, and I don't think people are going to put that much work into it... Maybe I understood you wrong, anyway, I'm open for other opinions.

I'm not entirely sure what you mean, some tactics creator or something? And what finance functions would you like to see?

I think that's going to be hard, because you need to have data on your entire team and financial situation, so you would have to input that, and I don't think people are going to put that much work into it... Maybe I understood you wrong, anyway, I'm open for other opinions.

The finances i would input myself but i see now its to much work for some

Perhaps a user could enter the opponents tactic/formation and the app replies with what you should use to counter/beat them.

Would be greta to just have a few important lists like wonderkids, the best coaches in each area, buy-now fees at start of game, Basque eligible players?

Perhaps a user could enter the opponents tactic/formation and the app replies with what you should use to counter/beat them.

Would be greta to just have a few important lists like wonderkids, the best coaches in each area, buy-now fees at start of game, Basque eligible players?
Thanks for the suggestions, those are some really great ideas! I'll try to implement them.

Anyway, tomorrow I'll have the coaching stars calculator finished (at least, if I don't have a hangover), so then you can expect the first screenshots!

I'll also try to make a list of the suggestions I got so for in my opening post.

I can't believe you havnt had more replies on this, I think it's a cracking idea and looks great. I'm always using my iPhone whilst on FM, mostly the notes app and quicker route to this site but a dedicated app would be awesome. I hope you can pull it off dude it certainly looks like you know what your doing.

I can't wait for this app even just as a coach calculator it would be great.

When do you anticipate this app being available?

Perhaps a best position/role calculator too?

Best role calculator, best formation and tempo vs oppositions' tempo and formation.

This looks amazing tbh! You definitely need more 'hype/publicity' around this.

I'd be far more interested in this if you could transfer it to Andriod too ;)

It is a great idea though :)

I can't believe you havnt had more replies on this, I think it's a cracking idea and looks great. I'm always using my iPhone whilst on FM, mostly the notes app and quicker route to this site but a dedicated app would be awesome. I hope you can pull it off dude it certainly looks like you know what your doing.
Thanks for the support!

I can't wait for this app even just as a coach calculator it would be great.

When do you anticipate this app being available?
Thanks, however, just as a coach calculator, I can't see this being approved by Apple, as it wouldn't have enough features…

I'm planning on working a lot on it the next 2 weeks, and I'll probably submit the app then. Add another week for the approval of Apple and my app should be in the app store in 3 weeks.

Perhaps a best position/role calculator too?
This shouldn't be too hard to make, I'll try to add that.

Best role calculator, best formation and tempo vs oppositions' tempo and formation.

This looks amazing tbh! You definitely need more 'hype/publicity' around this.
Thanks for the suggestions, I'll try to make some of those. I don't really need any hype or publicity right now, I hope it gets some when it's ready and in the app store...

I'd be far more interested in this if you could transfer it to Andriod too

It is a great idea though
Well, I'm studying Android right now, so I when the iOS version is done, I could make an Android one too...