What exactly is a poacher, i still dont understand.

Reggaezal

Reaction score
Because my definition of the best poachers are players like Nistlerooy, inzaghi,owen, amauri, raul. You know, the players who know where the net is without looking, the players who pounce on loose balls in an instant, the predators of the penalty box.

These veterans who have above 18 for finishing, off the ball, anticipation and etc.

But in fm, a poacher is someone who runs alot wtf. veterans dont have that much pace but the ones with that much pace arent really that good in finishing, off the ball, anticipation. is my definition wrong or what?

the veterans dont have pace because they have lost it as theyve grown older, but retain their finishing ability they are mostly veterans because the modern game calls for more rounded player. a current poacher? defoe

poacher does not participate in th game, thy just wait for throughballs.

Amauri is a complte forward

Benzema is a poacher

What's better than a poacher without pace? A poacher with pace.

The veterans may still be good poachers but they would be better poachers if they still had pace.

poacher does not participate in th game, thy just wait for throughballs.

Amauri is a complte forward

my bad, was going to say another italian player but amauri came out somehow.

Anyway poachers in fm run to the flanks too often to produce crosses, i remove crossing completely but they still arent making runs into the box as much as i want them. dammit!

I you want a player to do exactly as your instructions say, you need to turn the creative freedom right down.

The more creative freedom he is allowed, the more he will ignore things like 'cross rarely'

Anyway poachers in fm run to the flanks too often to produce crosses, i remove crossing completely but they still arent making runs into the box as much as i want them. dammit!

ppm-> cuts inside, run down middle, gets into the oppo area--> no more crosses:)

Someone who cooks Fish or eggs in water:D

Can also be a country thief:D

Poacher = Goal-hanger. Gary Lineker was one of the best ever :)

van nistelrooy - someone who will get you bags of tap ins by being in good posistions

Poacher= Strikers> Right place right time, Requires great anticipation, composure and finishing in front of goal, pace and acceleration comes in secondary to me. Great Veteran Poachers> Michael Owen, Filipo Inzaghi, Raul Gonazalez.

Poacher= Strikers> Right place right time, Requires great anticipation, composure and finishing in front of goal, pace and acceleration comes in secondary to me. Great Veteran Poachers> Michael Owen, Filipo Inzaghi, Raul Gonazalez.

Sorry mate, I disagree with you. Pace, acceleration, agility and balance are very important for a Poacher. Basically, he needs to be able to get past the defenders and then score. He can get past the defenders in two ways - by running on to a through a ball and getting there faster than the defenders, or dribbling past the defenders. Pace, acceleration and agility are very helpful in the first case, while agility and balance are more important for the second one (pace and acceleration helps, of course).

Try giving very high pace, acceleration, agility and balance (in addition to anticipation and off the ball, of course) to your poacher and see the difference.

Someone who's sole purpose is to score goals. Not a team player, usually very selfish, just wants to score goals.

THIS!

I noticed this too, i even set Cut inside and other instructions for them, which made it much less.
The problem is when they do hug the touchline the positions of all the other players go wrong, also i don t play with player with strong heading etc.

Someone who's sole purpose is to score goals. Not a team player, usually very selfish, just wants to score goals.

Yes exactly what im thinking of too, but why is the default settings for a poacher having him to move into channels to often and crossing the ball?

Thats what made me reconsider if im thinking of a poacher wrongly. Very difficult to find the perfect poacher, mix of speed,control and finishing. Other than the football gods dzeko,villa,zlatan etc.

I think you are wrong there - the number of key attributes for a Poacher is lesser than for other striker positions IMO. You just need to get your tactics right. But I do agree with the complaint that even after some alterations to the advanced player instructions, a Poacher is less likely to do what we want him to do - stay on the shoulder of the last defender and get into the box and shoot! Try passing into space or making him run onto passes.

The best Poacher that I have had was Ronaldo. But it is probably a waste of money and talent to not use him to help your team more. As a cheaper alternative, one can try Vagner Love.

they drift wide to move into channels, which is what they do irl, watch defoe when he plays. and they do cross a fair amount. i dont play with crossing so set it to rarely