What is the difference between high tempo and slow tempo?

duderanch

Reaction score
What is the difference between high tempo and slow tempo?

High tempo is good for counter attacking football and works well with a direct passing game (better for poorer teams).

Slow tempo works well with short passing and is used to try and dominate possession (better for bigger teams).

yeah you have less possession with high tempo but it suits counter attacking football

Slow tempo is slow (Italian style),High tempo is fast.(English style)

do you think you could make a barce style tactic but with high tempo that would be sick

(someone is gunna say there is one and do a link i know it lol :p )

Well with slow tempo the risk of losing possession is lower and with high tempo you can form attacking movements better when playing on the counter.

High tempo is good for counter attacking football and works well with a direct passing game (better for poorer teams).

Slow tempo works well with short passing and is used to try and dominate possession (better for bigger teams).
LOL I thought high tempo is for short passing. Have to change it now :$

High Tempo = quicker decision making/passing. As mentioned good for counter and direct play. However the quick passing and decisions often leads to turnovers, rushed shots, and excessive long shots if play breaks down.

Slow Tempo = Relaxed urgency offensively. Will not ALWAYS look to make risky passes and flick ons. Will pass the ball around and keep ball at feet for a little longer.

You just need to think of them in regards to getting into the final 3rd. Quick wants to get into final 3rd "quickly" and get shots off. Slow will get it into final 3rd but without bravado.

I use to play at a very high tempo, but I had to turn it back to normal because I realized that my players would get trapped about 20 yards out, and instead of backpassing, they would shoot and miss. By slowing it down, I gave my players the time to work their way out of their trap and I've actually noticed my players being more creative since they weren't rushed into shooting or passing.

Oh, btw I use direct passing and normal tempo, provides more throughballs. If you can balance your formation and player duties, quick + short passing and direct + slow passing is very much possible.

High Tempo = quicker decision making/passing. As mentioned good for counter and direct play. However the quick passing and decisions often leads to turnovers, rushed shots, and excessive long shots if play breaks down.

Slow Tempo = Relaxed urgency offensively. Will not ALWAYS look to make risky passes and flick ons. Will pass the ball around and keep ball at feet for a little longer.

You just need to think of them in regards to getting into the final 3rd. Quick wants to get into final 3rd "quickly" and get shots off. Slow will get it into final 3rd but without bravado.

I use to play at a very high tempo, but I had to turn it back to normal because I realized that my players would get trapped about 20 yards out, and instead of backpassing, they would shoot and miss. By slowing it down, I gave my players the time to work their way out of their trap and I've actually noticed my players being more creative since they weren't rushed into shooting or passing.

Oh, btw I use direct passing and normal tempo, provides more throughballs. If you can balance your formation and player duties, quick + short passing and direct + slow passing is very much possible.

They tried to evade being offside by shooting 20 yards out?

Nonsense. I use high tempo with short passing for my Man Utd and it work wonders

Nonsense. I use high tempo with short passing for my Man Utd and it work wonders
Well to each his own, it's suggested for lower reputation teams who need tactical dominance + athletic stance to survive bigger teams, but on bigger teams, short passing and high temp contradict each other so I don't know :S

They tried to evade being offside by shooting 20 yards out?

trapped as in running into a cul-de-sac.

On quick tempo, when players run into a brick wall, they tend to shoot or make a bad pass (unless they are a brilliant player) Slower tempo will see the player work his way out or backpass.

That's why you should lower your tempo if you are experiencing too many "rushed shots" and poor chances.