Ziggy553

Reaction score
Hi,

So well basically i decided for once with this new FM2013 that i would design my own tactic in my first season was messing around with a few tactics to see how well my team played with them most notably i used Might and Magic by Raikaan whereas it was a good tactic as i managed to beat Barca 3-1 somehow to win the UCL while being absolutely demolished throughout the campaign most notably being beaten by Celtic 5-0 and 7-0 in the group stages. But what made decide to design my first ever tactic was that i finished 8th in the Prem.

I wanted to build a good attacking philosophy tactic but make sure i am solid at the back. I messed around with a few things and im not sure what im doing wrong or if what im doing is right but i should give the team time to gel.

Screenshots:-

View attachment 294904View attachment 294905View attachment 294906View attachment 294907View attachment 294908View attachment 294909View attachment 294910

Pre-season looked great beating all teams comprehensibly like we should be doing the standout fixture being the 2-1 defeat of Barca as it looked like we dominated the game by producing lots of chanced but at the same time reducing the threat of themselves.

Then going into the derby game to start the season i was optimistic we started well getting an early goal but then received 2 injuries early on to Sagna and Gundogan, as i had not backup RB i had to reshuffle my entire defense which caused there to be a huge collapse. Throughout the the rest of the games i found out two things we dominate the first 35 minutes of the game the next 30ish it becomes balanced and the latter part of the game is the opponent continuously attacking. I was lucky beating Villa as they could have brought it back the same with Fenerbache.

I messed around with a few things including Match Training, Strategy and some of the players roles, none seemed to work as it was the same occurrence of dominating the start and dying of towards the end.

- Pre-season Strategy: Attacking (changed to control after 4-1 thumping to spurs)
- Pitch dimensions: Small

Any help would be appreciated cheers,

Also if you need any more screenshots or want to test the tactic be my guest to reply

Thanks

Seing that you have tweaked the team settings, can we assume that you have touched the player settings as well ?
( My first choice would be NOT to tweak anything though as you cant use shouts)

if you're talking about tweaking it when i was in the slump, yes i did i decided to switch it around a bit to stiffen up the defense but that clearly didn't occur

View attachment 295046

A bit more tweaking, i am probably going to use this year to see what is the best sort of approach to take and then next season fully integrate this tactic anyway the player instructions as fpllows

GK - Normal
LB/RB - Full Back - Support
LCB - Central Defender - Defend
RCB - Limited Defender - Defend
RCM - Deep Lying Playmaker - Support
LCM - Advanced Playmaker - Attack
AMR - Winger - Support
AML - Inside Forward - Attack
LST - Poacher - Attack
RST - Target Man - Support

if you're talking about tweaking it when i was in the slump, yes i did i decided to switch it around a bit to stiffen up the defense but that clearly didn't occur

I meant " Have you manually changed any of the player settings " ?