What type of Manager are you?

boozemonster

Reaction score
regardless of reputation whenever i check my own profile and look at the manager description im always a "Popular Manager" its not just FM09 either i've always been one since first FM split from CM.

so i was wondering what other people were?

there must be more than that, i just dont like to rock the boat too much, that must be my problem. i'm brutal with the players when things go badly, but i give them a lot of praise when things go well too, they seem to like my style.

I think I had "talented manager" after i got promoted, i'm usualy on popular manager aswel tho.Haha

Talented is my usual one after a season or so. Under-pressure is the most annoying one when you just join a club which is in trouble. Not really played far with 2009 so no idea what I'll end up as.

regardless of reputation whenever i check my own profile and look at the manager description im always a "Popular Manager" its not just FM09 either i've always been one since first FM split from CM.

so i was wondering what other people were?

there must be more than that, i just dont like to rock the boat too much, that must be my problem. i'm brutal with the players when things go badly, but i give them a lot of praise when things go well too, they seem to like my style.

Always seem to be "talented" - indeed I wish I knew how to be popular:

This is true when considering my biggest problem which seems to be away form and the AssMan message of "Joe Bloggs has issues motivating himself to play for a manager of your standing."

Unfortunately, the response option of "Tell AssMan to kindly remind Joe Bloggs how much he is being paid a week if he continues to have motivational issues," is missing.

deelang

On my best ever FM game on 08 in which I got Notts County to the Championship, I was talented manager! I'm not really sure what I usually am, I don't check much!

Unfortunately, the response option of "Tell AssMan to kindly remind Joe Bloggs how much he is being paid a week if he continues to have motivational issues," is missing.

deelang

exactly. and it just happens too often that you wanna tell them something but you kind. this should be expanded....

exactly. and it just happens too often that you wanna tell them something but you kind. this should be expanded....

That’s probably one of the more disappointing aspects of FM. IRL when asked about great management its interesting hear how people talk about people like Ferguson et al, that much of it was really personal and the manager develped a great bond with the players on an individual basis. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
The only real way to do this in the last two FMs I think are either signing a coach/player they have recommended (which is not always preferable in the wider scheme of things) or by commenting positively on their form.<o:p></o:p>
But doing this in FM08 I always found that their form immediately dived once praised, so tend to avoid it now in FM09. Maybe I’ll give it a try again...

deelang

popular manager and them after two seasons i was a world class manager

After UEFA Cup win with ManCity in the first season I was talented. In premier league i was third two years row. Now in 3rd season and World Class manager.

4 season with Middlesbrough. Best I've done is a 2nd place in the Premiership and my rep is World Class :)

View attachment 2627

I'd forgot about "Talented" I've rarely had the chance to be world class though, it doesnt seem to happen when your in the lower divisions and then take a mickey mouse international job.

I'm classed as "Talented" on mine, is that better or worse than Popular!?

And in terms of things FM is missing; I want to go on a Rafarant!

i was "popular" after fininshin 12th with sunderland in my first seaosn, now im "talented" after 29 games of the second season and im 5th in the league. my board are bummin me and im getting offered every job goin, although a message asking if i want to manage west ham with a transfer budget of £1.6 mill isnt really that tempting!

in my first season i was the 'tinkerman' lol dnt know why , then 'popular' , then world class , now in 2013 im a 'legendary manager'

Tinkerman and Legendary are new ones to me!

I've had the other three mentioned.

I'm not sure, but 'outspoken' seems to ring a bell as well, may have just been a press report though.

Incidentally there are more ways than you might think to build a rapport with a particular player. The best way is in fact not commenting on their form at all - but just to get the most out of them, IE play them in the right position, with the right tactics for their style of play. Another way is to be their international boss, it would appear, and either give them their first cap or pick them often.

Consistently saying the right thing about them in press conferences probably doesn't hurt either.

And as far as I can tell, "popular manager" relates to your popularity with other managers, not with players - I'm always a popular manager, and am always delightfully pleasant to everyone who isn't at a rival club. Just in case I want to buy someone from them in the future.