CreepingDeath

Reaction score
I posted a similar thread few months ago and got no reply, but strange things are happening here again.

In my long career save,somehow all the player histories changed, it would show my star striker had been on loan at Kettering for 2 seasons even though he was busy scoring Champions League winning goals for me. It would show pretty much all my players being at different clubs for the previous 2 seasons be it on loan or transfer.

Now my save file won't load. I had managed Ajax - Leeds - R.Madrid - Genoa and was at Roma in year 2035. Very annoying for it not to load. FM keeps saying (not responding) when the load file gets 1/4 of the way up.

I had part of this save backed up on disk from months n months ago, so I uploaded it to my laptop to start playing again. This file has me still at Leeds back in the year 2020 when I had just won the Champions League with them for the first time. Now this file was backed up at this point onto a cd and left in a drawer.

I went onto win the Champions League a few more times until I resigned from Leeds in 2022 to go to Real Madrid. Now in this game save file - this obviously hasn't happened and I need to re do it all over again, would be nice to win it but hey I'm not going to cheat, if I get knocked out, i get knocked out, simple as.

On this file in the year 2020. If I look at CL past winners. It shows the the winners of 2021 , 22, 23 , 24, 25, 26 as Leeds, Real Madrid etc. It shows my achievements that I did on on the main file before it went corrupted.

It doesn't make sense how it can show that in this file? In Roma's history, it also shows them winning the Coppa Italia a few years in the future, when I won it with them.

This file was on a cd in a drawer and is basically re-loaded me back to this point so how can it show future achievements? I'm so confused.

Load one of the backup versions of the save. How do you expect us to fix it? We now you are frustrated but it happened to almost anybody here. This thread basically belongs to the "Post your frustrations" thread, we can't magically fix your save. Just load up one of the backups.

Did you run an anti-virus scan while FM is running? I've read something in the SI forums that links anti-virus scanning to history problems. Files are deleted and what not. I can't find the link though.

Fish Hunter - I'm not asking anyone to magically fix the save. Also its more than just a posting my frustration. Yes its frustrating but as meemo caught onto the point of the thread. Seeing why this happened, if it has happened to anyone else before and if there is anyway to prevent it from happening again. But the fact that I've loaded and am playing one of the old backup versions shows future achievements is still a bit ****** strange.

This sounds like file corruption to me. That is why you should turn on 3 file rolling auto save and also make regular manual saves in separate files.