experienced/talented Goalkeeper required for first season in the championship

hovis94

Reaction score
Hello lads I've just pulled off a miracle and got Chesterfield promoted to the championship (H) (no biggie) Im pretty solid upfront but need to tighten up in defense as i played two players out of position in the center of defense for the most part of the season. Now I'm up against bigger fish and I needed to strengthen so I've invested in my defense and got players fairly easily. But getting a keeper is a different story I need an old solid head as I'm only trying for a mid table finish this season at a push. So i need to make sure I'm solid at the back hence the desperation for a keeper. I have been given no transfer budget but have about 500k to 600k to spend on a fee and about 7k tops to pay on wages. Any help will do lads:)

when I took chesterfield to europe, when i hit championship i signed Peter Jehle (lichtenstein international keeper) for about 8k, he doesnt look fantastic, but played amazing for me, right up to the point he broke his arm, then i got Costel Pantilmon in on loan from man city, before signing him the following season (did back to back promotions, so got him on permenant deal in prem).

I am sure there other keepers out there, but these are the one si had most luck with, also, Tommy Lee does play far better than his ratings, or at least did for me

I can suggest these based purely on my experiences but here goes:
GK: Maik Taylor (Veteran)
GK: Colin Doyle (Decent, not too old)
GK: Ben Amos ( Young, will be good)
CB: Martin Taylor