Mr Langvatn's Tactic Thread (Updated for 13.3.3)

Mr. L why don't you think Possession tactics work on FM 13.3.3?

Because they just don't. Of course they may work on top notch teams, but all tactics work on top notch teams. And even with a top team, it will still result in some losses because of the overpowered-ness of counter-attacking in the current patch. I would go so far that I could say that possession is a negative stat in 13.3.3, cause it lets your opponents counter you more. There is no big advantage offensively either in a possession-based tactic compared to a quicker one.

Because they just don't. Of course they may work on top notch teams, but all tactics work on top notch teams. And even with a top team, it will still result in some losses because of the overpowered-ness of counter-attacking in the current patch. I would go so far that I could say that possession is a negative stat in 13.3.3, cause it lets your opponents counter you more. There is no big advantage offensively either in a possession-based tactic compared to a quicker one.

Thanks bro!

5th promotion in 5yrs with bath city and won the World Cup with England lets see how we go in the premier league

Asking for money is your opening line. Capitalism knows no boundaries.

It was requested by the readers of this thread to make a donation link. Of course I accept. Wouldn't you? And I do spend at least 2 hours every single day for months to answer questions (4300 posts...) and make tactics for the community. But I agree about the opening line. It's just that I haven't gotten to clear up the front page yet. It's so messy, so the paypal link was quite invisible. Just moved it to the top meanwhile.

Last edited:
I'm using balanced-average with attacking movement and rest before and after match 30% on the training bar, individual training is on low and focused on the positions I play them in

It was requested by the readers of this thread to make a donation link. Of course I accept. Wouldn't you? And I do spend at least 2 hours every single day for months to answer questions (4300 posts...) and make tactics for the community. But I agree about the opening line. It's just that I haven't gotten to clear up the front page yet. It's so messy, so the paypal link was quite invisible. Just moved it to the top meanwhile.

You dont have to justify yourself to no one, to everyone else, sometimes you want to do something more than say thank you, and what a better way than to give a bit of money so this hard working person can have a beer, or go to starbucks and have a coffee or whatever they want, on Xda developers, a website for phones, developers get money for doing a **** of lot less than what Mr L does, he has made a game that i paid £30 for when it came out, playable, so he deserves all the credit and more :)

I am back...

So, i tested only 2-5-3, i was successful until my players became tired and injured. Those problems forced me to play with tired players or with youth players. Offcourse results goes down. Another prove, that you need back up tacics, even with beast tactic like 2-5-3 for situations like that.

I will start new save with top 3 tactics...2-5-3 V2, 4-1-4-1 Rock and 3-6-1 Sicilian Defense. All TC.

Cant wait :)

Well, I'm Sporting Lisbon, first season I was coming 7th(9 points off Braga who were 3rd, 10 games to go), on the brink of being sacked.
The flat 442's I were using were good but not consistent enough.
I came onto FM Base and ended up in here. I gave the 4141 Rock a try and it brought instant success. Win after win I clawed my way back up the table. I ended up winning 9 of my last 10 games, drawing 1 with Braga, last game of the season, to get me into 3rd place with Braga 7 points behind me.

So my job was saved, but SPorting were poor. Our wage budget was too high, and 3rd place doesn't get you into the CL group stage(So no CL money in the next seasons budget).
So over the summer, all I could do was sell players that were on high wages to reduce my blown out wage budget.
I think I ended up signing a youngster or two, but no new starting 11's.
I had to play CSKA Moscow for a spot in the CL group stages. We beat them 4-0 on Agg.
Sporting were seeded 3rd in the group stages. We drew Man Utd, Shalke and Celtic.
Have played 3 games in the CL so far, Beat Man u 1-0 at Old Toilet, SHalke 2-0(H) and Celtic 1-0(A).

That's as far as I've gotten this season. Unbeaten in the league though I have 2 draws.
I've been unbeaten for over 20 games now in all competitions. So, it's really a great tactic.

THanks a lot. :D

4-1-4-1 classic rock

What type os strikers, CM's and DM's should i be looking for in classic rock?