Where will Luca Toni end up?

Hunter26

World Elite Star
Reaction score
Bayern Munich are readying themselves for the exit of Luca Toni during the January transfer window.

The Italian frontman, disappointed at a lack of opportunities at Allianz Arena, has openly expressed his desire to return to his homeland in the New Year.

A falling out with boss Louis van Gaal has also helped to push him closer to the exit, while also ensuring that there is little hope of him being involved in Bayern's first-team plans any time soon.

A number of clubs are reported to have expressed an interest in the 32-year-old and he is unlikely to be on the market for long once the window opens.

Bayern will be happy to part with a man no longer committed to their collective cause, with Van Gaal admitting that too much has happened now for Toni to remain in Germany.

"There is nothing more to say on Luca Toni," the Dutchman said in Corriere dello Sport.

"The player has declared his intention to move on and therefore he needs to go and find a new club.

"Turning back now is too late, he should have thought about that earlier if that is what he wants. Toni has decided to act in a certain manner which did not match our expectations."
Loan move

Bayern's chief executive officer Karl-Heinz Rummenigge added: "Nothing has been decided just yet. This is a situation where just about anything could happen.

"I will not rule out the prospect of handing the player a loan move somewhere free of charge. We have taken our time to think about what will be best for all concerned."

Toni's agent has admitted that no deal has been put in place with any of those sides currently tracking his client, but he expects an agreement to be put in place soon.

"It is too early to talk about Luca and sides like Roma or Inter Milan," said Tullio Tinti.

"One thing is for sure, the truth regarding the story at Bayern Munich has yet to be made public."

He'd be mint in Prem :p I'd love him come spurs partner for defo :)

west ham, zola and him are like best mates, or i could see the **** going in for him

I would like to see him in England, but honestly can see him moving back to Italy, probably to Napoli or Inter.

Never know arsenal might snap him up as v.persie is out for 5 month