Which transfer would you reverse if you were the manager?

Which transfer would you stop if you were the manager?

• Xabi Alonso from Liverpool to Real Madrid

Votes: 61 23.6%
  • Lassana Diarra from Arsenal to Portsmouth

Votes: 18 6.9%
  • Francesc Fabregas from Barcelona to Arsenal

Votes: 45 17.4%
  • Van Nistelrooy from Man Utd to Real Madrid

Votes: 14 5.4%
  • Gerard Pique from Man Utd to Barcelona

Votes: 24 9.3%
  • Mathieu Flamini from Arsenal to AC Milan

Votes: 15 5.8%
  • Moussa Sissoko from Liverpool to Juventus

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • Kaka from AC Milan to Real Madrid

Votes: 15 5.8%
  • Christiano Ronaldo from Man Utd to Real Madrid

Votes: 44 17.0%
  • Claude Makelele from Real Madrid to Chelsea

Votes: 13 5.0%
  • Maxwell from Inter to Barcelona

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Glen Johnson from Chelsea to Portsmouth

Votes: 8 3.1%

• Total voters

cmh9090

Reaction score
hi, this is just for fun. basically the heading says it all. which transfer do you feel had the most negative impact for the team or caused potentially world class players to slip away from their former club.

for me, it would have to be FRANCESC FABREGAS. barca made a big mistake in selling him and he has become a world class player for arsenal!!! if i were the barca manager, i would have stopped this transfer :p

Last edited:
Xabi Alonso. Though I didn't think it was that big a deal at the time.

hi, this is just for fun. basically the heading says it all. which transfer do you feel had the most negative impact for the team or caused potentially world class players to slip away from their former club.

for me, it would have to be FRANCESC FABREGAS. barca made a big mistake in selling him and he has become a world class player for arsenal!!! if i were the barca manager, i would have stopped this transfer :p

Barca didn't really sell Cesc, though. He signed for Arsenal b/c he didn't like his chances at playing time at Camp Nou.

definitely jo cska moscow can have him back hes ****

oops, i forgot to put others as well, feel free to express your thoughts if you have another player in mind

Ronaldo , F*ck the money i love his style! But Obertan has great potential.

why leave out thierry henry - barcelona or vieira to juventus

they are the biggest losses to arsenal ever! lol

add jo to the list mate hes got to be the biggest prem flop of all time

how do you do add more people into it cos i cant seem to do so. any advice would be appreciated. THANKS ;)

Makelele, Real couldn't find player near by Makelele

P.P.Sorry my english, i'm from Bulgaria and speak very bad :( :D

I can't vote. I think the transfer I would like to reverse was Owen coming to us so we could save 17 million quid.

i think man utd should have renewed tevez's contract

i think Nicolas Anelka (Arsenal - Real Madrid). he's just throw his chances away from being great player, with that move so early.

Do managers going from one team to another count? ;) if so harry from pompey to tottenham.

You should add Gary Cahill Aston Villa to Bolton - shocking shocking decision.

Has to be either Christian Poulsen from Sevilla to Juventus or Tiago from Lyon to Juventus... Horrible.

It was Mohamed Sissoko to Juventus mate, Moussa is still bombing away in Toulouse ;)
But in terms of direct impact of the transfer, Liverpool selling Xabi Alonso has had a huge negative impact on their team, but I think the Real Madrid sale of Claude Makélélé was the dumbest **** I've ever seen, thank god it was FC Franco that paid the price.

Kleberson or Djemba - Djemba to Manchester United. They are easily Sir Alex Ferguson's worst pieces of business. Also would make Ronaldinho come to Manchester United rather than Barcelona like he was supposed to until SAF gave him a deadline to sign. Silly decision.