simunovic1986

Reaction score
Looking for a solid DMC, has to be British as I am playing an all British game. See my story below if u want!

But who is the best in that position now and in the future?

Rodwell in the future.

Currently probs Carrick or Barry.

Now- Owen Hargreaves or Gareth Barry

Future- Lee Cattermole or Jack Rodwell

I've had success with Nick Montgomery a few times in the past.

Well I may be biased, but in my opinion it has to be Scott Parker. He isn't playing for a big club, so he knows he has to work hard to stay (in last season's case) in the top flight of English football. This means you get a lot more consistency from old Scottie...

From an unbiased point of view, I think Tom Huddlestone is the best DMC for the future.
And right now? Well before the WC I would have said Gareth Barry.....Not too sure now....

i would go for rodwell, but it depends a lite in what kind of role you play your DM but for me rodwell is fantastic so he is definitely a very good player.

It's definately Hargreaves, when fit. In my England save, I was letting loads of goals in and decided to drop one of the CMs back to DM in my 4-2-3-1 formation. We went on to win the WC and he got an average rating of about 8.

I'd say scott parker probably i bought him in my liverpool save and hes doing pretty well

Lee Cattermole or Tom Huddlestone have always worked well for me.

Huddlestone is naturally DM and has brill potential and good long shots so he bangs a few in
Rodwells good but I prefer him CM
Fletcher again is better in CM
Hargreaves is too injury prone

cheers for all the responses guys :) im gona make a move for Huddleston or Barry I think :) I have rodwell but dont see him as a DMC!

• Tom Huddlestone
  • Darren Fletcher
  • Scott Parker
  • Robbie Savage (6)

Fletcher is not a DM he is box to box, I would say Rodwell is the best quality. Cattermole is also a very good Gattuso type of player.

Check out a player called Miles Addison,really good at such a young age,can play DMC/DC

personally i think Owen Hargreaves is the best english defensive mid when he is fit, but rodwell and huddelstone are very close and are going to be alot better