who is the best player in scottish football past and present

morton fc

Reaction score
i just wondered what everyones favourite player to play in scotland was can be from any league and any team

my favourite has got to be jimmy cowan an old morton goalkeeper and he was realesed by st mirren as a youngster cause he wasnt good enough even though he played for scotland

Best Player in Scottish Football at the mo is Scott Brown.
Best player in Scottish Football ever probably Dennis Law or Jinky.

scott brown or aiden mcgeady(wen he is at his best)

present-scott Brown

Past/ever- Dennis Law or Jinky or King Kenny

It has to be Scott Brown. Like the best Scottish player ever would be too hard to choice, they've had too many.

brown or mcgeady probably and to be honest steven davis is up ther aswell just now and for the past its got to be james mcgrory or jinky..
larsson aswell

i think right now Mcgeady, even though celtic are hyprocities make a big fuss about eduardo diving then mcgeady dives lmao

mcgeady should be banned for a long time the same as eduardo cos we dont need divers wrecking the beatiful game!!

try luikang911 netgame serch for the thread

i don't know that many so ill have to say even mcgeady (sp) or van henigoor of hesselink (sp).
i used to like hartson and stilian petrov tho, and nakumura
basically celtic players

i don't know that many so ill have to say even mcgeady (sp) or van henigoor of hesselink (sp).
i used to like hartson and stilian petrov tho, and nakumura
basically celtic players

Mr. Hesselink no longer plays for Celtic, he moved to Hull on a free.

Preasent - hard to say maybe Brown
Past - Jinky
Personal Faveourate - Paul McStay

Present?
Biased choice-Kevin thomson
Unbiased choice-Aiden mcgeady

Past?
anyone from laudrup,law,dalgliesh,cooper,johnstone,baxter,larsson,mccoist,di canio!
i know theres more bt i can't think jst now!

PAT MC COURT
NIALL MC GINN
local heros of my hometown;)

---------- Post added at 10:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 PM ----------

obv hometown if they're local
woops

Aiden McGeady or Scott Brown the now, but Larsson would be the best player to have graced Scottish football in recent years

Last edited:
Who cares, nothing worthwhile ever comes out of Scotland...

away back to your shemales then and keep your mouth shut

Past for me is Graeme Souness,but thats biased as a Boro fan.

Present ill say Craig Gordon as he's actually Scottish unlike Aiden McGeady who a few have went for who is Irish as thats what he's chose to be.