Who is the BEST player you've signed in FM09 or FM10

degsy1

Reaction score
Was thinking about this as my Celtic team beat Inter Milan 1-0 at the Guiseppe Meazza (2-0 on aggregate) to progress to the last 8 of the Champions League and wondered who the best player Ive signed was.

Without a doubt it has to be Igor Akinfeev for £26m. You see the saves he makes, and the average rating being so high and it has to be him, but Abou Diaby for £2m or Carlos Eduardo for £10m are pretty **** close with how theyv performed.

Who is the best play you'v ever signed? I dont mean signing Messi or someone, I mean signing someone like Diaby for pennies and seeing him score 4 goals from outside the box in a Champions League match.

Angel Di Maria in my man city game
scored 2 of the five-nil vs man u in the fa cup final

Mario Balotelli for 17M Euros to Man Utd in FM10.
Scored over 30 goals and gave over 15 assists in his first season and got the Young Player of The Year award.

In my first season with Chelsea I signed Jovetic for 20million and Yohann Gourcuff for 17million they both played 34games and scored 21 goals each. I was quite impressed with them has they both are 20 and 21 :D x

Mario Balotelli for 17M Euros to Man Utd in FM10.
Scored over 30 goals and gave over 15 assists in his first season and got the Young Player of The Year award.

I signed Balotelli £35m for the same Celtic team as Akinfeev. By the second season he hadn't forced his way into the team and was unhappy so I sold him back to them for £45m.
(I should point out I used the editor and put the Old Firm in the Championship...which I won. They are still in the Championship after being relegated from EPL twice and I'm currently the EPL champions.)