Who we all going for the beta then

leckuno

Reaction score
Well then who are we all planning on going then?

Well the beta has dropped Newcastle have a budget of £200million with £600k free in wages

Last edited:
gone with my Sheff Wed, I like getting a few seasons in just watching the top divisions without affecting them, as much as a Newcastle game would be a fun start I get bored once I have money

Has anyones Beta downloaded but the game not opening?

I’ve gone for something different this year. Started a create a club, took over Salford, ditched all their players and used the 3 mil budget that gave me to make my own team.

I am testing some stuff in the beta with PSG and Schalke but when beta ends
I'm planning to do a save with Schalke 04 in FM22. They just got relegated to 2nd division and have an interesting story/challenge going on :

- Great training and youth facilities (so easier start for the rebuild)
- A lot of old players with expensive contracts on the first team
- Little money due to relegation, old player contracts etc.
- IRL the club has been on a steep decline for the past few years after being a staple on the top of the Bundesliga since the 90s

So the challenge is to change the mentality of the team from old established players with bad contracts, get rid of them and transition to a young squad with stability and establish them again on top of the Bundesliga and Europe.

As a sidenote I did a save with Hoffenheim a couple of years ago and it also was very enjoyable.

Love the Schalke pick above I did that on 21 but yeah much more exciting now, loved doing Hertha Berlin/Hamburg in the past for similar reasons

I am doing 2 saves for different tactics. Both with Wide Centre Backs.
The teams are My hometown team FC Twente and Bologna in Italy.

I'm going with my local team as usual, Landskrona BoIS in the second highest tier in Sweden

During the beta I'll do a quick save with Barcelona to test the game.

After the beta, I plan on doing a save with Universitatea Cluj (my local team). They have a modern stadium, good youth facilities but pretty bad finances and are in Romanian Second League. (They have very restricted selection rules, you must have at least one under 18 player in the starting 11, maximum of 3 non EU players in the squad).

I've gone for Manchester United as my beta save.

Offloaded Phil Jones to Coventry on loan.

Converted Paul Pogba to a Regista, which worked wonders for his game. New contract signed.

Converted Juan Mata to a central midfielder, with a support duty and he's had a new lease of life.

Gave Donny van de Beek actual minutes.

Signed Samuel Umtiti, who is available for just £9.5m and will provide proper competition for Varane and Maguire.

Appointed Ronaldo as captain.

I'm playing Man U for the beta as well.

Ditched a few bench warmers & picked up Kessie to use as a defensive mid (although he's pretty versatile), Zagadou to replace Maguire (still can't sell him) & Alphonso Davies at left back.

I started off trialing their standard 4-2-3-1 system to see what was wrong with it & got pretty good results from simply slowing things down a bit & going 4-1-2--2-1. Pogba stayed on as advanced playmaker (getting pretty inconsistent performances) & Fernandes as mezzala.

I added Carvalho to bolster the bench in January & offloaded some of my wage budget with a few loans. I managed to win the Premier & Champions Leagues & the FA Cup. I'm still learning the game, so there was a small amount of save scumming along the way while I figured out how some tactics work, but not too much.

Next season, Mbappe joined on a free, I finally managed to sell Luke Shaw & I also decided it would be fun to sell De Gea & blow £200M on Donnarumma. Some of the loaned players that have returned are OK, so I'm going to play them more this season.

I switched to a 4-4-2 & absolutely dominated the pre-season cup matches, but still fell 3-nil to Liverpool for the community cup. I've clearly still got a bit of tweaking to do before the league games begin.

I've only just gotten into FM recently. I played one season in FM21 on Game Pass & then decided to buy FM22 on Steam so I could get mods. I'm looking forward to some journeys much much smaller teams once the game launches properly. I'm from NZ, so I might have a go at leading the Wellington Phoenix to glory in the Australian league & I lived in Colombia for a while, so I'm looking forward to managing the Millonairios as well.

I downloaded the beta version and it didn't work on my computer)) It's too bad because I've been waiting for it for so long()