who's going to perform/flop this season?

Midge

Reaction score
Which players do you think will be most successful this season?

i think Berbatov might finally come good for Man United, and Aqualani if he's given the games.

Hart will be good aswell as he seems to be first choice now.

Judging by his first few games, Joe Cole might turn out to be a massive flop, dispite being hailed as the bargain of the summer. And Chamahk wasn't impressive against L'pool either.

your thoughts?

Overachievers:
Maroune Chamakh
Javier Hernandez
Christian Poulson
Nikola Zigic
Matt Derbyshire
Flops:
Kenwyne Jones
Steven Fletcher
Mario Balotelli

Chamakh will turn good I feel , hernandez will as well if given the games. Paulo barrera looks as though he good be a real good prospect but I have my doubts over zigic :p

I think Bebe will flop terribly for Manchester United.
yeah, Bebe would fail. Also, Balotelli has a high chance of unsettling the already unsettled Man City squad. Fined for not turning up for training due to cold weather within a month.

i think pavylachenko (sp?) will have a really good season for Spurs aswell :)

Why is everyone saying Bebe is terrible? Gilberto Silva and Ian Wright come to mind when talking about unknowns who became good. Silva only entered football at 20 and I think he was working as a mechanic or something and became Arsenal captain at 30. Don't underestimate Sir Alex's signings.

Boselli to be a flop and Im praying Zigic wont be

Flop:
Joe Cole
James Milner
Zigic

Stars:
Stephen Fletcher
Dimitar Berbatov
Samir Nasri
Bebe - Just to annoy tony.
Boselli

Last edited:
Nasri to perform well this season if he stays fit.

Dont think Rooney will have another season like the last but i hope im proved wrong

Boselli has scored consistently in argentina for past couple of seasons and I think he will be deadly in front of goal if he gets the service.

Boselli has scored consistently in argentina for past couple of seasons and I think he will be deadly in front of goal if he gets the service.
Yeh but Zigic has scored consistently at every club except Valencia where he was a sub and still did ok.
Argentinian defenders are different to premier league defenders

I've got a feeling Ireland's going to do well at Villa, Huddlestone and Pavlyuchenko :)

I think Bebe will flop terribly for Manchester United.

I very much doubt that we will see much of Bebe this season. probably stay with reserves or be loaned out.

Zigic is a physical player, and will get on the end of crosses. Not prolific though, which could be a problem.

No disrespect to the Argy League, but the Premier League is a country mile ahead of them in terms of quality. There are plenty of players that have flopped, who have come from South America to England.

FLOPS
Joe Cole
Mario Balotelli
David Silva
Marouane Chamakh

STARS
Andy Carroll:wub:
Javier Hernandez
Steven Fletcher

have to agree with Stu, I can see Silva flopping and Carroll doing well ;)

Stars:

Andy Carroll
Super Mario
Matt Derbyshire
Chamakh

Flops:

Hernandez
Joe Cole
Zigic
Foster

Stars:

Andy Carroll
Super Mario
Matt Derbyshire
Chamakh

Flops:

Hernandez
Joe Cole
Zigic
Foster
I have to disagree but I think he will do well.
He has potential like Hart when Hart went to Birmingham.
I see Foster becoming a great goalkeeper

I suppose time will tell, but I just don't think he will be anywhere near as good as Hart. He has alot to prove after the last few seasons of playing reserve team football.

i can see jovanavic having a good season at liverpool he looked alright against arsenal

Why is everyone saying Bebe is terrible? Gilberto Silva and Ian Wright come to mind when talking about unknowns who became good. Silva only entered football at 20 and I think he was working as a mechanic or something and became Arsenal captain at 30. Don't underestimate Sir Alex's signings.
add sturat pearce to that list too, think he was gonna be a plumber or something like that.