im using the traditional 442(with ajax) im getting quite alot of blocked shots upto nearly 10 a game is there a way to fix this ? great tactic by the way

No unfortunately as the computer isn't going to let you score 10+ goals every game. It's a by product of having so many chances.

Another great result with this tactic, Traditional FourFourTwo

attachment.php

Did you not find any players you started with good enough? Maupay, konza, watkins, benrahma?

Strange for me the throw-in glitch only makes my striker to go offside and score an offside goal (must have scored 1 or 2 goald in 40 games with the throw-ins...) anyone knows why ?

Strange for me the throw-in glitch only makes my striker to go offside and score an offside goal (must have scored 1 or 2 goald in 40 games with the throw-ins...) anyone knows why ?

Reload the tactic. You should have 40 goals in 40 games.

I'm now seeing some folk changing roles slightly and posting as a new tactic. Absolutely sod all I can do about this but as long as I get a wee bit of credit in the OP i'm 100% cool with it.

On a positive note, I think for FM20 I will upgrade my video editing equipment and not only create a great tactic each patch but also have instructions both typed (on here) and on video for not only how to use the tactic but in how to play/win the game.

I have had a fairly positive amount of feedback about the opening post being useful for helping folk play the game, again iv'e seen others copy/paste/reword it for themselves, so there must be some merit in it.

One thing I have learned is that even when giving a plug and play tactic (which is extremely hard to do in this and recent versions) you also need to give plug and play instructions on how to play the game as well.

So I suppose cheers as all this feedback is hopefully going to make any content I put out there about FM20 alot more streamlined, relevant and useful.

Last edited:
is traditional better or the one without "traditional"

In my eyes, the best compliment people can give you is to copy you - means you're doing something right. Thanks for the tactics @ChrissyDude.

Awesome tactics, best for me in fm19. I was out of game for some time and as I see, traditional one is the best version and you have to make DL and DR to take corners? It's not gonna work without it?
And one more thing, can you explain please how do you train your youth team? Personally I use same training schedule as my main team and make AI add one friendly every week + retrain position for promising AM's because auto complete ignore them otherwise

Following on from Vitoco some tips for a long term save;

- Buy young sell old.
- Gear the club to youth development, develop young players as a philosophy.
- This then allows for the club to develop facilities, bring through young players on lower wages and the young players you sign from other clubs will generally be alot cheaper than senior players but do a similar job.

Case Study.

So to give you all an example, I am in my second season of my journeyman career. Won the title with Kilmarnock season one in Scotland, moved to take over a relegated Burnley season two. My aim from the start was to develop young players with an eye on the following year in the EPL. I basically did a massive overhaul, recruited using the filters but decided to go with retrained fullbacks at MR & ML for added defensive gains and because quite simply, these players have all the skills of wingers and the defensive attributes as well making them more rounded players. They both have the "get forward as much as possible" and runs with the ball down......" their respective sides. Ideal for wingers.

This overhauled side, comprising of mostly players under the age of 21 is storming the championship. Showing that if done right, you can effect massive changes to a team and get instant results. The key is to get them mentoring in good groups and have the determination level of all these players 14+ if possible. As you'll see alot of my signings have very high determination.

I shipped out older players, signed younger players and assigned players (ML & MR) to positions they wouldn't normally play to get them used to it (but didn't amend their personal training just played them in the position). The examples being Matt Lowton and Josh Tymon who I bought in. The idea is that my DR, MR & Sub 2 can play the DR/MR positions and the DL, ML & Sub 3 can play the DL/ML positions. So to keep the squad happy and increase versatility, 3 players cover these two positions. Also note the age of this team is very low, with only Taylor, Tarkowski and Lowton retained from not teenage existing club players.

The team line up, transfers and squad is shown below, as well as some screenshots of the MR and ML who are not natural to the position but I feel are much more capable than the existing wingers available. I reckon retraining attacking fullbacks in this manner for the traditional tactic is a game changer. Look at the numbers these guys are getting in their first few games. Lowton in particular an older player in the team and is adapting brilliantly to the new position and his training stats are improving as well which is rare in older players.

attachment.php

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
Hey, do you have any good recommendation on the HoYD? Thank you ! I have Speakman.

Has anyone had any issues with the tactic working great and then all of a sudden, bad performances, bad results half way through the season (e.g. 2-0 loss to bottom, 3 shots, 0-0 draw with 17th) and just decrease in effectiveness. If so what is the way to fix this? Thanks

Solid start to Rangers season 3 for Paddy Roberts on the right wing... ghosting in at the back post nearly every game.

attachment.php

Really struggling to find wingers for this tactic

any suggestions?

Hey, do you have any good recommendation on the HoYD? Thank you ! I have Speakman.

[FONT=&quot]Head of Youth development has three key attributes for his role; Judging player ability , Judging player potential & Working with youngsters
Create a filter in your staff search and find one that matches this.

Has anyone had any issues with the tactic working great and then all of a sudden, bad performances, bad results half way through the season (e.g. 2-0 loss to bottom, 3 shots, 0-0 draw with 17th) and just decrease in effectiveness. If so what is the way to fix this? Thanks
[/FONT]This could be down to morale, the lack of individual player talks or team talks and/or the use of unfit/ poor conditioned players.

Solid start to Rangers season 3 for Paddy Roberts on the right wing... ghosting in at the back post nearly every game.

Nice!

Really struggling to find wingers for this tactic

any suggestions?

Convert a DR or DL into the role. It's what I do. Check the opening post segment on what i did with Burnley and Josh Tymon for an example of this.

Head of Youth development has three key attributes for his role; Judging player ability , Judging player potential & Working with youngsters
Create a filter in your staff search and find one that matches this.

The personality of your HoYD is also important