seanboro

Reaction score
How many seasons, or how long (depends how much you batter the new game)
will it take you to bring a club predicted to finish bottom of the blue square conference north/south to winning the champions leage? without cheating.....

I think I could do it in 9/10 possibly 11 or even 12 seasons.... Im not boasting how good I am because im sure a lot more of you could do it a lot sooner.

To be fair id probably get sacked, so I thinks its a bad challenge for me

Talking of lower leagues...

I found it difficult to stand playing in the lower, lower leagues. I started, along with my housemate with Lancaster in what was the Unibond North Div 1 and the sheer amount of local cups ruined it for me.

My housemate, however, he got them to the Premiership within about 13 seasons which I thought was pretty amazing.

I think you are generally looking about 9 or 10 seasons. It's easy to create pre-season friendly cups to get a bucket load of cash but I don't feel it's realistic. I try and do things that I think would be plausable in real life so a Cup on TV with United, Arsenal and Juve for Rushden & D just isn't gonna fly.

I couldnt be bothered to stayy on a game that long.....

my longest ever game was real madrid 5 seasons and i had literally a unbeatable team with messi rooney ronaldo torres ETC.... but it got boring and unrealistic

I never normally gte past the first season before getting bored :/

haaha, im kidding, sort of a pointless thread, what is it that you need or want to know? you can say that you want to get successive promotions each year to get to EPL (say like 8 yrs or so, whatever the case is)

then you need to qualify for ECL, could take 3 yrs, then you would need to win it! could take 4 yrs, so all together (realistically, it would take you around 15 yrs or so)

probably even longer, so as I said, good luck!

I had the old Champ Manager 97/98, I think I done it untill there was no more room for any more managers, was about season 2030 or something, I got sacked and no one would have me as their manager, and I couldnt add anymore managers so I had to restart..... Also..... on one champ manager or early fm im sure I was on it that long it said they built a statue of me outside teh stadium? Has anyone else heard of that?

I wouldnt be able to, I would probably get the sack.
It takes me 4-5 seasons just to turn Walsall around from a mid-table league one team into a Championship play off contending team!
Yes, I'm **** but I like it that way :D Realistic.

It's not impossible, on FM09 I got 4 successive promotions with AFC Wimbledon all the way to the Championship and then kinda lost momentum and got stuck for a while. I gave up after losing motivation in my 5th/6th season but I could of done it probably in around 8/9 seasons.

Took me minimum 8 and a horrible maximum of 14 seasons to cement a champions league winning year.

Took me 6 seasons to take Leeds to the Champions League Trophy, suprisingly in the second season I nearly got relegated from the Championship... but I turned it around soon enough with an axe hanging over my head

I've been able to Reach Premier League Using Hyde from BSN in just 6 seasons in FM 10 WITHOUT cheating. Its pretty easy by the way but I found it hard when I came to the Championship. I won the league in my first very first promotion (meaning I won back-to-back promotions all the way to EPL winning the league until CCL2) except for League 1, Championship and Premier League. I finished 2nd in League 1, 6th (won in play-offs) in CH and 14th in EPL! It took me 9 seasons to win Champions League though. During the 8 Seasons some well known stars who played for my team were Forlan, Milevskyi, Tim Cahill, Carlos Marchena and Kakuta! I made it within 10 season thanks to the Takeover when I was in League 1 (Tycoon takeover gave me 30M for CH and 70M for EPL in my first seasons there)

Entirely dependant on the person playing. I think I brought leyton orient up to the prem in 6 seasons. They were in league 2 when I started.

I see myself as a good manager on this game, but I cannot win the Champions League. Managed it once with Leverkusen, only from getting a lucky draw through to the final and having Hulk :p

But seriously the Champions League is so hard to win. If you somehow manage to beat Barca, you then have Real or maybe Inter, over two legs I always come unstuck. I have taken Brentford into the Champions League, into the 1st Knockout Round but never past that.

I've been able to Reach Premier League Using Hyde from BSN in just 6 seasons in FM 10 WITHOUT cheating. Its pretty easy by the way but I found it hard when I came to the Championship. I won the league in my first very first promotion (meaning I won back-to-back promotions all the way to EPL winning the league until CCL2) except for League 1, Championship and Premier League. I finished 2nd in League 1, 6th (won in play-offs) in CH and 14th in EPL! It took me 9 seasons to win Champions League though. During the 8 Seasons some well known stars who played for my team were Forlan, Milevskyi, Tim Cahill, Carlos Marchena and Kakuta! I made it within 10 season thanks to the Takeover when I was in League 1 (Tycoon takeover gave me 30M for CH and 70M for EPL in my first seasons there)

You either edited your budget, transfer budget or used sugar daddy, or are just telling lies.

Btw, there is a story section of the site, you should have posted it there when you made it up!
Rant over!

You either edited your budget, transfer budget or used sugar daddy, or are just telling lies.

Btw, there is a story section of the site, you should have posted it there when you made it up!
Rant over!

That was a poor rant. :)

Defo lies, as Marchena, Cahill and Forlan are both in or around there 30s at the start of the game. Meaning by the time you got to the Championship they would have been either 35 and ****, or retired.

I'd say about 10 seasons on average but never done it tbh. Closest thing I have ever done was get Torquay up to the Prem in around 5 seasons on Fm '10

I see myself as a good manager on this game, but I cannot win the Champions League. Managed it once with Leverkusen, only from getting a lucky draw through to the final and having Hulk :p

But seriously the Champions League is so hard to win. If you somehow manage to beat Barca, you then have Real or maybe Inter, over two legs I always come unstuck. I have taken Brentford into the Champions League, into the 1st Knockout Round but never past that.
I wouldn't say it's that hard. I remember I was playing a network game with my friends I was Arsenal, was doing pretty bad in the league at first and I always start my games with low rep so the pressure was on, ended up 3rd and I won the CL.

The hardest thing ever in this game is have an unbeaten season, I have actually never done it. Closest I've come is 1 loss.