Wolves v Villa Sunday 1:30PM KO GMT.

dannyck

Reaction score
VS

Aston Villa make the short trip to Molineux on Sunday to take on local rivals Wolverhampton Wanderers.

Gerrard Houllier finally takes charge of his first EPL match after signing in midweek. Since Martin O’Neill packed his bags and left just days before the start of the season, it’s safe to say it’s been an up-and-down start for our neighbours. Solid wins against West Ham and Everton are juxtaposed with a 6-goal thumping at Newcastle and a disappointing exit in the Europa League. A last-gasp defeat to Stoke and a home-draw with Bolton make up the remainder of Villa’s results to date, leaving them with respectable seven point haul. But having failed to emerge victorious in either of those last two winnable fixtures, they’ll be keen to build some momentum with three points on Sunday.
For Wolves, back-to-back Premier League defeats have dented what was an impressive start to the season, but Mick McCarthy and co can take solace from the fact they took the lead in both matches and but for some silly late mistakes, would have added vital points to their tally.
We can also look back fondly on last season’s meetings with Villa, both of which ended in draws. We stood toe-to-toe with them home and away and arguably deserved to win at least one of those games having successfully bridged the considerable gap between the sides in the league table.
It’s getting a little bit trickier to guess the Wolves side and arguably a few more players might have put themselves into contention following the 4-2 midweek victory over Notts County in the League Cup.

Line Ups

Wolves

Hahnemann

Foley
Berra
Craddock
Ward

Jarvis
Henry
Jones
Van Damme

Doyle
Fletcher

Villa

Friedel

Warnock
Collins
Cuellar
Young

Downing
Reo - Coker
Petrov
Young

Agbonlahor
Carew

Injury news
Wolves

Zubar, Kightly Hunt all out

Villa

Dunne, Clarke, Weimann and Delph out

I'm going 2-2 :)

If Villa scores 1st... i can see them wining for 0-3.... if not, wolverhampton will win for 1-0...

First of all, eww.

Second, Wolves will win ;)

Wolves 1-2 Aston Villa.

Wolves to win, Villa always seem to struggle against them. However, I can see Heskey coming to life under Houllier like he did at Liverpool

Our season starts here. We have a manager, we've got our squad, no squabbles, no major injuries to key personnel. Everything is settled. This is something we definitely want to win, I'm going 1-2. Goals by Gabby and Ashley Young, and Fletcher for Wolves.

Wolves 0 - 3 Villa

Heskey!
Heskey!
And
Heskey!

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAL

1-1 Matt Jarvis with a screamer

Why couldn't Heskey do that in the World Cup?

goodmatch well playe hesley, i can see him excelling under houllier, again.