Pugge

Reaction score
I bought the "Supertalent" Mateo Kovacic to RCD Espanyol. He is currently 20 years old im my game. In the player description in stands "Wonderkid". My problem is that he don't improve at all. In other words, i am really dissatisfied with his training results. I really need him to reach his full potential because i need a worldclass playmaker to be able to challenge Barcelona and Real Madrid in the league.
I have 5 star training facilities and mostly 4.5 star coaches. He plays almost every game. Most of my young players develop really well. I dont understand why Kovacic Doesn't develop like all the other players!?

Look at that "bad" training level progress!View attachment 232032

What may cause my problem?
How can i solve this?
I attached his training page to help you to help me.

Hope what you understand what i am writing, English is not my native language!

Well he spends more time on match preparation than his actual training, try lowering your match preparation.

That is just because i just played against Barcelona. I use low match preparation most of the time

Well he spends more time on match preparation than his actual training, try lowering your match preparation.

can't really expand on what tubby said, its just the match prep holding up he progress.

AFTER seeing your response :- try having a private chat with him and tell him he needs to improve on his training... tread carefully thou as this could backfire with him falling out with you, but if you play the convo right it can work wonders

That is just because i just played against Barcelona. I use low match preparation most of the time

Why? If your tactic is fully learnt (100% familiarity), there is no reason to have it anything other than very low. The very low, low, medium etc do not affect the stuff like defensive positioning, attacking movement etc.

I'd say just be patient with him. He's still young, and will come good.

Why? If your tactic is fully learnt (100% familiarity), there is no reason to have it anything other than very low. The very low, low, medium etc do not affect the stuff like defensive positioning, attacking movement etc.

I'd say just be patient with him. He's still young, and will come good.

I played with a quite new tactic. I changed to man marking instead of zonal, i therefore used maximum defensive positioning.

I bought the "Supertalent" Mateo Kovacic to RCD Espanyol. He is currently 20 years old im my game. In the player description in stands "Wonderkid". My problem is that he don't improve at all. In other words, i am really dissatisfied with his training results. I really need him to reach his full potential because i need a worldclass playmaker to be able to challenge Barcelona and Real Madrid in the league.
I have 5 star training facilities and mostly 4.5 star coaches. He plays almost every game. Most of my young players develop really well. I dont understand why Kovacic Doesn't develop like all the other players!?

Look at that "bad" training level progress!View attachment 232032

What may cause my problem?
How can i solve this?
I attached his training page to help you to help me.

Hope what you understand what i am writing, English is not my native language!

Mate looks like you need serious help with Player Development. Plz read many guides on this aspect as much as possible to enhance your knowledge. Your match preparation is way too high & the player will not improve a bit. Your scheduled training should be at least 70% to get good results. The remaining 30% goes to match preparation, position training, preferred move training & individual focus training which are temporary

He cant speak spanish, can that have something to do with it?