fillya

Reaction score
I just signed a quality regen from China and he has spent 2 seasons in Denmark and went to Renne instead for my Villa side but I ahve recently signed him a few moments ago but he is not eligible to play I have already tried sending him out for loan but he does'nt want to go saying he has recently joined the club my question is how long will it take for him to be eligible to play in England?

It takes 1825 days or 5 years for a player to become a British national.

^ I tought it only takes 3 years for a player to gain a european passport?

Like sending them to feeder clubs in belgium etc?

just get a affiliated club in Belgium or spain it only takes 800 odd days there

^ I tought it only takes 3 years for a player to gain a european passport?

Like sending them to feeder clubs in belgium etc?

You are right. If you send them to say Belgium, then it will only take 3 years. But the problem you are having is getting the player to go out on loan anywhere. As it stands, it will take 5 years. If you can convince him to move somewhere on loan, then it will be less

Okay then I have a feeder club in Belgium but it says it cannot be loaned out at this time I guess I can send him out next season but lets say he has already been in Denmark for 2 years does that mean I only need to send him out on loan to my feeder club for a season?

Last edited:
I think it tells you on his profile when hes eligible for british citizenship.

No. Basically, he has to spend 3 years in a particular country. It can't be, for example, a year in Spain, 1 in Belgium, 1 in Holland. If he's been in Denmark for 2 years then he will need to go back there for another year to gain the permit. If you send him to Belgium, then the 3 year bit starts again, so will need to be there for 3 years.

Does that make sense? Sorry, I'm a bit tired

---------- Post added at 03:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:17 PM ----------

I think it tells you on his profile when hes eligible for british citizenship.

Quite correct

Just like to add what happened to the Gentlemens agreement in which no International team will play a player who hasn't got british blood in them either birth or grandparents? :)

is there any way you can increase the chances of a work permit aplication being accepted? iv recently had a work permit rejected for a great young brazilian player.

I don't think so I would retry for his permit. You might get lucky and they agree.

is there any way you can increase the chances of a work permit aplication being accepted? iv recently had a work permit rejected for a great young brazilian player.

The only way for the chances to be increased is if the player is playing regular International Football. If I remember correctly, he has to play in 70% of any national teams games that were available over the past year to qualify. Unless, he's considered an exceptional talent and then they sometimes make an exception

im so ****** off with this work permit thing, so i just change my club's nationality to spain and playing in england.. haha so no work permit worries