Swansea City: Wales' Pride and Joy

Nice layout mike.(K)
Good start to the season.(H)

¬_¬ Sign will keane......:D

I like to keep it clean and tidy ;) Happy with the first month, 4th is not too bad reflecting on real life circumstances (despite only being in September).

Will Keane isn't anywhere near Shefki Kuqi's ability Taylor. He is a no-no I'm afraid XD

Good start mate,doing very well.

sign jermain beckford from leeds, very good striker who will bang them in for you :)

Cheers mate. Unfortunately the transfer window has closed and I doubt very much Leeds will let him go out on loan so I'll have to give that a miss for now :)

Nice to see someone doing a story on my team :D
we have by far the best footballing team in the championship, not sure if its the same on the game as i dont like playing with them on it.

Win the premiership and i will worship you :D

Ill follow and hope you FAIL as im a Cardiff Season Ticket Holder and lifetime fan. HEHE. Naaa only joking i am a bluebird but good luck i suppose. hehe.

September

View attachment 51565 Preston North End, A; Coca-Cola Championship – 4-1 (Dyer 2, Trundle 2)

It wasn’t so much of a shock that Swansea came out with a victory because Preston’s form of late hasn’t been brilliant, but nobody saw what was in stock today. Nathan Dyer kick-started the scoring on 12 minutes with a lovely placed shot. Lee Trundle doubled the lead with a powerful effort from the edge of the area 5 minutes before the break. In injury time, Trundle added a third with a similar goal to his first, and winger Dyer completed the ‘rout’ with 15 minutes to spare, rounding off a great team move with a close-range header. Joe Parkin managed a consolation goal on 81 minutes.

View attachment 51566 Bristol City, H; Coca-Cola Championship – 3-0 (Pintado 2, Trundle)

Another win for Swansea City, and this time it’s at the hands of Bristol City. They came to the Liberty Stadium with a full strength squad and Swansea themselves missing two key players. Gorka Pintado scored a terrific brace on 10 and 35 minutes, and with around quarter of an hour to go in the match, experienced striker Lee Trundle completed the scoring with a well taken header from a corner.

Blackpool help Swansea

Blackpool, who are now in 21st place in the league, gave Swansea City a helping hand today as they kept Newcastle United to a 2-2 draw, which means the Swans take first place for the first time this season. Michael Dale hopes they can remain there for a long time.​

The past few weeks have been a pleasure – I’m managing a fantastic set of lads who can do the job at this level. With players like Ferrie [Bodde], Pratley, Trundle and Angel Rangel, we are a force to be reckoned with. I just want to say thank you to Ian Holloway and his team by keeping Newcastle to a stalemate.

View attachment 51567 Liverpool, H; League Cup – 2-5 AET (Beattie 2)

Liverpool were in for a shock today as Swansea almost got there ahead of them. Craig Beattie got the home side off to a flyer, scoring after 14 minutes. Fernando Torres scored a cracking curling goal from the edge of the area half an hour into the game. At the break, the score was 1-1, but what was said during it had a massive effect on Swansea as less than 10 minutes after the restart Beattie scored again. 3 minutes later, on-loan David Gray got himself a straight red card. It took Lucas until the 83rd minute to equalize. Swansea’s lack of fitness in comparison to Liverpool’s showed in extra time as Dirk Kuyt, Albert Riera and Maxi Rodriguez all scored to complete the rout.

View attachment 51568 Sheffield United, H; Coca-Cola Championship – 2-1 (Beattie 2)

Swansea City bounce back from two straight defeats with a splendid victory today, and another Man of the Match award for brace scorer Craig Beattie. He again impresses after his last outing against Liverpool, and this time scored two top-notch efforts – both 18 yard strikes. Soon after Beattie’s second goal, Henri Camara pulled one back for Sheffield United, but the away side didn’t produce enough to scare Swansea.

View attachment 51569 Doncaster Rovers, A; Coca-Cola Championship – 2-1 (Bodde, Beattie)

Swansea City prevail in this tough test – they found it a struggle but got there in the end. Ferri Bodde put the Swans one-up with a fine free kick from the edge of the area after half an hour. John Spicer equalised for Donny with a close ranged placed shot. In-form striker Craig Beattie then gave Swansea the lead again with a powerful effort with 20 minutes remaining.

Results

A pretty decent month I'd say - 4 wins and 2 losses. Fantastic start to the month and a nice end to it too, but a bit of a shaky time right in the middle. Not too disappointed though I expected better against Barnsley. Good effort in the cup against Liverpool.

View attachment 51571

Table

Couldn't be any better - top spot. Sheffield United and Newcastle are hot on my trail, as are Reading and Boro, so hopefully we can keep winning and pushing for the title.

View attachment 51570

Well done, you have inspired me to improve my updates :D

---------- Post added at 03:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:52 AM ----------

Doing well mate, you have inspired me to put more effort into my updates, would be cool if you could check my recent update, quite long :)

October

View attachment 52054 Queens Park Rangers, H; Coca-Cola Championship – 4-4 (Pratley, van der Gun 2, Dyer)

Possibly the greatest match you will see all season – an epic 4-4 draw between these two sides. Akos Buzsaky scored after just 5 minutes, then Adel Taarabt headed in a second 15 minutes later. Just two minutes later, Swansea looked dead and buried when Hogan Ephraim scored a screaming 30-yarder. Ephraim doubled his tally for the day just before the half time whistle. Half time, 4-0 to QPR. Swansea fans already leaving. The players came out in the exact same setup for the second half, but little did the remaining fans know what was going to happen. It took Swansea – and Darren Pratley – 80 minutes to score, and a good goal at that. 5 minutes later, another 3 goals had been scored: van der Gun got two and Nathan Dyer with a superb solo effort. A brilliant comeback by Swansea or a throwaway by QPR? Whichever one it was, Michael Dale had something to say to his lads at half time...

View attachment 52053

Port Talbot link terminated

Swansea City manager Michael Dale confirmed the club had terminated the contract linking themselves and minor Welsh club Port Talbot. Swansea had been a parent club to Port Talbot for a while, but Dale insisted that they look for a more ‘appropriate’ feeder team.

The other two feeder teams to Swansea are Neath and Ostersunds.​

View attachment 52055 Ipswich Town, A; Coca-Cola Championship – 2-1 (Dyer, Beattie)

Swansea winger Nathan Dyer yet again proved his ability in this scrappy match. He deservedly won the Man of the Match award for the 4th game this season. He scored a superb strike from the edge of the area after 28 minutes, and only 10 minutes later Craig Beattie doubled the away side’s lead with a similar goal to Dyer’s. It was all end-to-end stuff before Jon Stead pulled one back or Ipswich with 13 minutes remaining, but the score stayed 2-1 to Swansea City.

View attachment 52056 West Bromwich Albion, A; Coca-Cola Championship – 2-3 (Trundle, Beattie)
It looked as if Swansea were set to stage yet another dramatic comeback – West Brom were 2-0 up at the break thanks to goals from Andwele Slory and Ahmed Fathi. Lee Trundle got the first of Swansea’s two goals on 55 minutes, and 7 minutes later Craig Beattie pulled the scores level. With only 12 minutes to go, Roman Bednar scored an exquisite goal to seal the victory.

View attachment 52057 Blackpool, H; Coca-Cola Championship – 4-0 (Beattie 3, Monk)
Craig Beattie starred in a Swansea City rout as they helped themselves to four goals at the Liberty Stadium. Blackpool were the team that deserved the deficit after a terrible performance away from home. Beattie first scored after 12 minutes as he ran from the halfway line and merely walked the ball into the net. Garry Monk scored Swansea’s second after a header from a corner. After half time, cultured striker Beattie bagged another two goals to seal his hat-trick and the 4-0 win for Swansea.

Nathan Dyer out for 4 months

Swansea City’s Nathan Dyer today returned from the hospital to be told he’d be out of action for around 4 months after tearing his calf muscle in the victory against Blackpool. This is a damaging blow for Swansea as he has been arguably their best play so far and will miss most of the rest of the season.

nat280x42035170a.jpg

“I can only wish Nathan [Dyer] a speedy recovery. We do have cover on that right wing and even might consider bringing in a similar player on load until he returns. It is a costly injury and unfortunately will miss most of the rest of the season,” said manager Michael Dale.
Dyer has been in outstanding form, scoring 7 and assisting 4 in 15 games, and also earning the Man of the Match award on four occasions.

Swansea bid for Obertan

Swansea’s Michael Dale has bid for Gabriel Obertan to cover for Dyer’s misfortune. The Manchester United winger is a hot prospect and should he decide to join City on a 3 month loan, it will be valuable experience for the Frenchman.

Obertan snubs City, Dale goes for Diouf

Swansea City have been left devastated as Gabriel Obertan said that he had ‘no intention of joining the Swans’. This has surely dashed Swansea’s intention for the title, but it has been said that Michael Dale has bid for United’s Mame Biram Diouf.

Dale out of options

Michael Dale has once again been snubbed, this time by Mame Biram Diouf. He also stated that he doesn’t want to play football for Swansea City, and told Dale to ‘look elsewhere’. This is certainly going to end hopes of a new right winger, so Dale might have to change his formation a little to suit his current squad.​

View attachment 52058 Scunthorpe United, A; Coca-Cola Championship – 2-2 (Beattie 2)

Craig Beattie scored two more goals for Swansea City this season in a heated tie between themselves and Scunthorpe United. Beattie slotted past the keeper in style for his first goal after quarter of an hour. On 28 minutes, Martyn Woolford made it 1-1 after a nice finish. 10 minutes later and Swansea were back in the lead, again Craig Beattie being the scorer. The score stayed 2-1 right until the very last minute of normal time, when Rodrigo Possebon took advantage of Garry Monk’s fault and scored a long range effort. David Cotterill had the opportunity to win the game for Swansea in the fourth minute of added time, but he squandered the chance embarrassingly wide.

Results

I think this was a month to forget, only picking up 8 points out of a possible 15. Pleased with the win against Blackpool and the spirited fightback versus QPR, but losing to West Brom and drawing against Scunthorpe was hard to swallow.

View attachment 52059

Table

‘The table never lies’, and so it doesn’t. We slipped up drastically this month, and probably deserved to. Still, I’m pleased with second place going into the cold month of November. Hopefully we can climb back to the top for a little while.

View attachment 52060

Yeh, because Cardiff definitely deserved to win...

Yes they did because their cardiff and the team they were facing happened to be swansea so we deserved to win even before the first wistle

So long as C*rdiff don't go to the Premier League then I'm not too bothered about the Swans not either.

Oh and cheers rugrat123

Yes they did because their cardiff and the team they were facing happened to be swansea so we deserved to win even before the first wistle

That's the most retarded thing i've heard for a long time, face it...Swansea killed them for 90 minutes, and cardiff got a lucky goal at the end.Plus,this was the first time you have beaten us since 1998 i believe...proves whos the better team

Look at the league table next time you want to argue who's got the better team.

So, I think iv'e just one the argument, nice talking to you.

Please don't fill my story thread with ****. Talk about this elsewhere.

For those of you who are interested, and update will occur within the next hour should FM-Base decide to stop being a **** to me XD

View attachment 52919 Derby County, H; Coca-Cola Championship – 3-3 (Pratley 2, van der Gun)

Another thrilling match at the Liberty Stadium, this time Derby County visited. Darren Pratley scored a superb first after only 6 minutes: a long range shot. Just three minutes later Derby were back on level terms with Swansea after a Rob Hulse goal. Shaun Barker and another Pratley goal saw the teams level at 2-2 at half time. Jamaique Vandamme scored a great goal from the edge of the area to put Derby back into the lead, but a nice flick on the 6 yard line from Cedric van der Gun saw the scores level again for the third time in the match.

View attachment 52920 Newcastle United, A; Coca-Cola Championship – 1-1 (Beattie)

Swansea City’s Craig Beattie finished the match in dramatic fashion at St. James’ Park today. Andy Carroll did well to latch onto Danny Guthrie’s through-ball in the second half despite many people (mainly Swansea fans) believing it to be offside. Craig Beattie scored in the 5th minute of added-on time with a coolly placed finish, much to the anger of Newcastle fans and players – the fourth official signalled for only 4 minutes extra. Yet another draw for Swansea which could prove costly come the end of the season.

Swansea face tough test in FA Cup

View attachment 52918

After the FA Cup Third Round draw was made earlier today, Swansea learned they will be playing Premier League outfit West Ham United. The Hammers have been in good form recently and sit 10th in the top division, while Swansea will be confident of having their full backing of fans at the Liberty Stadium.

Results

Beating Cardiff City at home is the second best feeling as Swansea manager – the best is beating them at their own home turf. Perhaps that’ll come later in the season. Has been a tough month despite only being 3 matches, deserved the two draws to be quite honest. Hopefully next month will bring more success.

View attachment 52922

Table

Currently sitting in 4th. Not bad, but could be better. Dropped points starting to show so we really need to get winning again.

View attachment 52921