Mally

Suarez is magic!
Reaction score
For some reason I can never ever get a performance out of my left centre back (Wilson or Worldclass Regen)? I play them as a central defender (defend) and on the right side i play a limited defender but whoever plays on the left and in whatever role they always seem to play awful.

The thing is though when i play them with excatly the same role but on the right side and put Zapata on the left side, Zapata then has a poor game?! Anyone got any ideas why?

246na6u.png

Not sure, i think Limited and Central defenders don't work together well, i've had this before, sort of with my England tactics..

Hm,. ive tried both as central defenders but didnt work maybe didnt give it much time to gel... Gonna try limited and ball playing for a few friendlies.

Thanks mate.

What works for me is reducing 'run from deep' to lowest then throwing 'run with ball' to medium, that way they tend not to be caught ouf of position as much. He needs defensive stats and good running for this, but it can help if he isnt needed for width in attack.

play a limited defender stopper and ball playing centerback cover combo, this usually works

what role does your left full back have? because that will have an affect on your left centreback.

try the stopper/cover combo. also how do you play your left fullback?

How old is Carragher, suprised he hasn't retired by then..

plaay the nike defence-- have both cb's as COVER have the left side be a left footed player have the right side be a right footed

buy chillini from juve

win

---------- Post added at 01:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:03 PM ----------

most important part is the side thy stand on should also be the foot they prefer

How old is Carragher, suprised he hasn't retired by then..

37 now haha i really don't want to sell him because I use him to tutor and want to sign him straight up as a coach....

Thanks for all the answers by the way, seems like ive sorted it. Well I have Wilson on the left and hes left footed and my back up is always left footed and good on the ball like Wilson.

I have Reina as a sweeper keeper and Mascherano as a achorman. So should I really just keep my roles to both "Defend" because I have Reina sweeping up through balls and Masherano closing down people infront of the defence..

Also my left full back is set to automatic the same as my right full back but usually even when I play counter attacking football they stay back and there both 17* in marking and tackling and it doesn't look like I'm being exploited there.

what was your orignal setup ( the one that was causing problems)

Trying making the left centre back a ball playing defender. That should work it works for me.

what was your orignal setup ( the one that was causing problems)

It was limited defender (Cover) and central defender defend.... Recently ive changed it to Limited defender (Cover) because of Zapatas pace and Ball playing defender (Defend) because both my left centre backs are decent passers and all round defenders...

Seems to be working fine so far but with a sweeper keeper and a anchorman should I just set both my defenders to Defend duty?

nah that sounds fine, i play that but with central defender cover rather than limited because both my defenders are comfortable on the work. ive though about changing it myself but havet bothered yet. have won the prem early so might use the remaining games to test it and will let you know in a couple of hours

I'm my xp, when playing with an anchorman th central defenders preform better as cover as the abchor will mak th amc challenges no need to dubble up and leave a space open for that effing through ball

I think this should be in the Players section, as opposed to the Tactics one.

Its about defensive tactics not players...

I'm my xp, when playing with an anchorman th central defenders preform better as cover as the abchor will mak th amc challenges no need to dubble up and leave a space open for that effing through ball
thats why i like having cover so much. the very top teams have too many players that can cut you with a throughball

and i really need to get my effing E button to work, but you get the geist:)

I know there's been a lot of suggestions given, but this is a recurring problem I have with any team I take on, no matter what tactics I use. The left centre back is always poo, no matter how world class he is. Stick the same player in the right hand slot and he gets over 7 every game.

To the op: Wilson suits being a ball playing defender anyway.

The only way I've ever solved my problem is to get a left footed centre back, and tbh decent ones are pretty rare to find.