simunovic1986

Reaction score
Going into my 3rd season and Rio Ferdinand is now 32 soon to be 33. Value of 9MIL, I have Evans knocking on the door and Smallings stats are improving rapidly. Plus I have an 18 year old regen who looks **** HOT! Also Rio didnt have the best of times last term.

Should I sell my captain and cash in and bring my youth upto the first team.

Any suggestions?

I'd sell him off because he's getting to old, your only concern with that regen is that he's not very strong for a centre half.

i played terry right until he was 37 and retired and then gave him a first team coach job.

It's really up to you. Personally, for my faboured players, I don't sell them even if they never get a game. Kind if a sentimental thing. Like Carragher, Cannavaro ect, I always leave them to retire.

But if you can get 12m for him at that age it would be a real good deal.

Sell him if you need the money to buy someone else in a different position but otherwise just keep him. Evans will be good enough to step up and Smalling will be good backup. Dont think that regen is good enough yet because hes not strong enough, change his training so he is doing more strength training.

Thanks for the feedback guys....I am going to put him on the market and see what offers I can get for him. I wana bring Evans in the first team and give some games to Smalling so he can develop as he has hardly played then have my regen as a 4th choice. I will let you know what happens :)

I think you should sell Rio but you should train the regen as a fullback and use evans.

Here you go guys...sold him to AC Milan for 10MIL see screenie.

sunilvk7 - my skin is called Steklo 09 Redux (LHS) hope that helps.

10 Mil's a good price for him. That regen looks quality.

yes all day long
try and get the regens strength up though

10mil is a great piece of business for a defender that far along

I would sell Rio since getting anything above 5-6m is amazing for a person in their 30s.

So bring up the regen to first team but his strength is a problem.

I would retrain the regen as a left back. Anybody with me?

I could see the potential in him to be a Left Back put I have Fabio and Coentrao as my 2 left back both young and no room for another one!

sunilvk7 - yeh I use backgrounds, use the flags in main screens and stadiums when I am playing (see screenies)

:)

hes not too old, im in my third season its jan 2012, hes still quality. looked after properly in training i can still get at least one more, and probably two more seasons out of him

Simun can you share a screenshot of how Smalling is developing in your game?

No problem zakan...see below! Benn using Tugs traing and been trained by Rio for 2 year.

Can anyone help....just posted my story on the FM story thred but the images that i attached within the thred didnt appear. You guys no why this is?

Cheers