HappyWish

Reaction score
I'm currently in the 2017/18 season's July transfer window with FC Bayern, and I'm desperately trying to trim down the squad size. I have too many players in the midfield position right now, and in order to make way for the next generation, I am looking to sell at least one player out of the following three world-class players since I don't use these players often anyway:

Marouane Fellaini (Age: 29)
Wage: £80,000 p/w
Note: He is currently the best player out of the three and he is at his peak right now, but I think that he will start to decline in the next few years. I bought him three seasons ago for
£12.5M, and I reckon I could fetch at least £25M for him.

Milan Badelj (Age: 28)
Wage:
£46,000 p/w
Note: He has been a loyal player to the club and he's been around for 7 years, but stats-wise he is the weakest out of the three players. He hasn't performed consistently well, hence his value is much lower than the other two. I bought him for
£4.1M and I think I can only get around £15M for him right now.

Andrea Poli (Age: 27)
Wage:
£70,000 p/w
Note: There are still quite a few more years left in him at 27 years old, so I'm not sure if I should sell him yet. I bought him for
£5.25M three seasons ago and I should be able to sell him for £25M.

So... who should go?

if trying to lower wage sell fellaini if not sell him anyway because his is only going to get worse if he is at his peak now

sell Badelj because he's not as good as the other two imo.

I guess lowering wage budget is one of my targets too, but my main goal here is to sell one of them before they start declining and to trim down the size of my squad (my team has far too many players - a lot of them don't get much playing time). If I'm going to sell Fellaini, would approximately £20-25M be a fair price at his age?

Last edited:
I guess lowering wage budget is one of my targets too, but my main goal here is to sell one of them before they start declining and to trim down the size of my squad (my team has far too many players - a lot of them don't get much playing time). If I'm going to sell Fellaini, would approximately £20-25M be a fair price at his age?

yeah it would. but if he's very good for you, then sell Badelj. Or Poli. I think Fellaini is better than the other two, but maybe your experience is different. basically i don't know why i'm commenting haha!

Sell the one thats inconstant, in this case, Badelj

I'll try to sell Badelj first then. Thanks for everyone's help ^^)