X Factor 2011

Steve*

Y.N.W.A.
Reaction score
Ok first off I know there is an X Factor thread but it has over 1100 posts so for anybody following this years may struggle to keep up with new posts. This is specifically for people to talk about this years show.
If mods believe that we dont need another thread just vm me and i will delete it.

Here is all the acts in the Final 16 and what the judges had to say about them:

The girls - mentored by Kelly Rowland

Janet Devlin

Kelly said: "You bring something so special to this competition - your innocence. It's so beautiful. I need confidence from you for live shows. Each week will get harder, get more intense. It's learning songs in an instant. Can you handle that pressure? I'm going to take you through. I want you to raise your confidence. I believe in you so much, and I need to believe in yourself. I look at you and see the 16-year-old I was - I don't want you to miss out on anything."

Sophie Habibis

Kelly said: "First of all, you really did a beautiful job. The only thing I worry about is, when I was starting out I could cry just thinking how badly I wanted it, and I don't know how bad you want it. So many people want to be where you are right now. Do you want to be here? You can't tell. I think you're ready for live shows."

Misha Bryan

Kelly said: "Your first audition you completely smashed it. Never ever get intimidated - let people know this is where you're supposed to be. What if that affects your performance? I don't know if your ready for it. I've made my decision. I'm going to take you to the live shows."

Amelia Lily

Kelly said: "I saw a change from the young lady who was on the stage to the young lady who was here. You kept growing. I want each artist to be unique. I think you're ready for live shows."

The boys - mentored by Gary Barlow

Marcus Collins

Gary said: "I'm not going to the live shows without you - you're through to my final four. I'm thrilled for you - you deserve it so much, you really do."

Frankie Cocozza

Gary said: "Frankie you're not the best singer here - you're really not. But I've made a decision, my final spot - Frankie you are my pop star, mate, you are through to my final four. I'm not going to lose you."

Craig Colton

Gary said: "You're my secret weapon - you're in my final four."

James Michael

Gary said: "You were our gamble. I'm not a gambling man. I want to be sure. I don't want to take a gamble - James I'm going to take a risk and a gamble - you're through to my final four."

The groups - mentored by Tulisa Contostavlos

The Risk

Tulisa took Charlie from The Keys and combined him with three members of The Risk to create her wildcard option. She said: "I liked both of the groups. But I didn't believe either of them were potential winners. You four stood out for me within your groups, so I've decided to offer you the chance to be my supergroup. I am going to keep you guys as The Risk - you're my risk, and I believe in you. "

Rhythmix

Tulisa said: "Girls you've got something different about you. You've got that urban edge. But you're so young - are you ready? I'm really sorry but you're going to have to do this all over again."

Nu Vibe

Tulisa said: "From just being put together I think you've done really well. You've found your strengths and you each have your own personalities The negative is you're a boyband - the market is so oversaturated, do you have what it takes to compete? Guys I'm so sorry but you're going to have to put up with me a lot longer."

2 Shoes

Tulisa said: "What I haven't seen before is that fun factor with someone who can actually sing. I think you will appeal to some people but I'm not sure if there's a big enough market. Girls, I'm taking you through to the live shows."

The over-25s - mentored by Louis Walsh

Jonjo Kerr

Louis said: "We loved you, we loved your personality, but there's something missing. You've had so many chances and kept forgetting the lyrics. I can only pick people who are going to deliver on the live shows. You are a risk - but I'm taking the risk, you're through."
Johnny Robinson

Louis said: "We're looking for pop stars. We loved your personality. But it's not just about personality. I look at you and think, 'Am I looking at the next big popstar?' Taking everything into consideration, personality, vocal, ambition - you're through to live shows."

Samantha Brookes

Louis originally told her: "I don't want it to be predictable. I'm looking for something contemporary, something different. Bad news." But after Goldie withdrew from the show, Sami was given a lifeline.

Kitty Brucknell

Louis said: "You can definitely sing, you're a very passionate girl, I can tell that - but I think you'd be a nightmare to work with. You're through to live shows."
Kitty promised: "I swear to God I'm going to change. I'm going to listen to every single piece of advice."

Who are your early favourites?

I think any of the girls could win it, a debut victory for Kelly. It annoys me though when the judges say 'this year is harder than last year'.. It's NOT!! Just tell the friggin truth. This year is pretty bad tbh. And that gay fella who's in his 40's? Johnny Robinson! It's an absolute joke! I'm really dissapointed with this years X Factor.

I think Janet and JohnJo are in with a chance. However I think that Frankie will win because girls think hes hot and going to vote for him anyway. I almost got sick when Johnny got through ahead of Terry who actually has a music note in his head.

But I agree, the bar hasnt been set too high for this year.

Its been better other years compared to years line-up, but i think any of the girls could win or marcas who's very talented. not bad groups this year, might be in with a chance. But for me, i want amelia, just so i could see her every week ;) oh n yea, she can sing really well :L.

To be honest, I think Misha is going to win it this year. I agree though, it is so poor this year, it summed it up when Louis put Goldie through. I named my 4 for each category and apart from Tulisa's, (who aprt from 2shoes is very poor), my 4 are alot stronger. The fact that they put the final 16 in for ratings and not talent is ridiculous. How Jade Richards never went through ahead of Sophie is beoynd me.

I hope Janet goes far though, her voice is immense!

Working Saturday evenings FTW :D

I think any of the girls could win it, a debut victory for Kelly. It annoys me though when the judges say 'this year is harder than last year'.. It's NOT!! Just tell the friggin truth. This year is pretty bad tbh. And that gay fella who's in his 40's? Johnny Robinson! It's an absolute joke! I'm really dissapointed with this years X Factor.

You're only disappointed with this years? ;)

This year is uber **** compared to every other year, there's no one I actually want to win this year. Last year was Matt Cardle and the year before was Olly Murs, year before JLS, then I think it was Leona Lewis.. So the people I have liked have actually gone on to do very well, apart from Matt Cardle.. Yet.

This year is dire. Probably worse than the year Leon Jackson won it.

This year is uber **** compared to every other year, there's no one I actually want to win this year. Last year was Matt Cardle and the year before was Olly Murs, year before JLS, then I think it was Leona Lewis.. So the people I have liked have actually gone on to do very well, apart from Matt Cardle.. Yet.

Or even as bad as when that Steve bloke won it. What is it one song and now sings in pubs? Lol.

To be honest, the kids have had it on each time it's been on....and it makes me just want to rupture my **** passage with a blunt object. Sorry, but it's cringeworthy at times.

The concept of the talentless judging talent has always been pretty dire. :p

That's why X Factor USA is looking good with Simon and LA Reid on it. Two top class producers who know what's good when they see it.

I think it is better this year than last year...

Any of the girls bar Sophie (which should have been the fat one from Scotlands slot) could go on to do very well.
Any of the boys could do very well.
In the groups the risk and nu vibe are good.
But the overs are hopeless.

I think it is stupid to call Gary Barlow tbh! I dont really like his music but their is no doubt he has talent.

Dont really watch it much....... Are JLS still doing well? Hope that nasty Simon Cowell isn't too horid to them!

Before anyone criticises me for liking Johnny because I liked Wagner last year. Johnny can actually sing and I think his audition was brilliant.

Before anyone criticises me for liking Johnny because I liked Wagner last year. Johnny can actually sing and I think his audition was brilliant.

You liked Wagner? Dont think you even mentioned it mate....

Johnny's a legend, I loved him from the start. When he walked in with a fan XD

X-Factor is my favorite singing show.I watch all seasons & episodes of this show.
X-Factor 2011 is currently running with it's 1st season.Simon Cowell is my favorite judge in this show.

Although pretty much every contestant on X Factor has done f*** all after winning it, Mishandle is gonna go far, she was amazing

Although pretty much every contestant on X Factor has done f*** all after winning it, Mishandle is gonna go far, she was amazing

Is that the fat black girl who has the mouth of a basking shark attached to her face? She won't go far if she wins, her voice isn't suited to pop music, and that's what x-factors about. She needs to come second and release a Soul album, rather than win, have to release a gay christmas song, and then wait a year to release your first song/album, so everyone forgets about you and then doesn't care when it comes out.

Tonight = Johnny or Jon-jo, 2 Shoes, Sophie and James to go. No idea who is going to win, some good people, some shocking people. Would like that Craig to win, because I quite like biscuits.