XeNoNF50

Reaction score
Well basically I have been working on creating a new tactic and I feel that I have done this successfully now. I have finished a whole premiership season with the tactic as Manchester United (having only bought Shaqiri and Badelj so no-one to make the first team). I won every single game apart from 2 I think and the 2 I failed to win were draws. 0-0 with Rangers and 2-2 with Arsenal.

I feel that the tactics itself emulates the way that Manchester United have played this last season. The two full-backs do get up the pitch a bit and the 2 central midfielders are not glamour midfielders, they just pass the ball on really and make themselves available for the pass when the forward players do not have anywhere to go. The two wingers chip in with a lot of assists. Also the tactics keeps quite a bit of possession. Anyway I will show you what I have done because the images speak louder than any words I can say.

Image of the tactical formation

manchesterunitedmanutdt.png

I've finally completed the season now.

Final League Table:

englishpremierdivisionib.png

Fixtures list:

manchesterunitedmanutdf.png

manchesterunitedmanutdfx.png

Well it's easy to see that I won nearly every single game of the season with this tactic. Going off the fixtures list I don't think I lost a game in the whole season and only drew twice. Once to Rangers and another to Arsenal. I think that the league table also shows that even though this tactic is quite attacking. So as you can see this tactic has been very good so far. I doubt things could have got better really. I scored a good amount of goals and don't concede that often.

End of season player stats:

manchesterunitedmanutdp.png

manchesterunitedmanutdpc.png

Well for me these are very very good stats. The main goalscoring positions are from STC and AMC. Throughout the season I mainly played Hernandez and Berbatov as STC's and Rooney and Anderson as AMC's. In the league Javier Hernandez scored 28 goals from 19 starts and 11 substitute appearances. You can see this AMC position is quite important to the way the team plays. In one game, I saw this position with 7 key passes. I also think that the 36 assists over the whole season for Nani was just phenomenal. I've never achieved so many assists from the wider positions. Nani loves to cut inside from the left (that is where I usually played him) but was also equally adept at crossing with his left foot from the outside. Killer combination.

Matches of interest: vs Rangers 0-0

rangersvmanutdstatsmatc.png

This was one of the 2 games that I drew this season. As you can see, I shut the opposition out. They hardly had any shots compared to my team. Also my team had an extremely good amount of CCC's (4) but failed to convert them into goals which is just genuinely unlucky. The possession stats for this match is also quite typical of the possession in most games, though it ranges from around 55-80. I find that the team controls the matches more depending on who is playing CM. I favour Carrick and Scholes because of their passing stats. I control the game much more when these two players play together.

Matches of interest: vs Chelsea 2-0

manutdvchelseastatsmatc.png

manutdvchelseastatshome.png

I thought that this was the most interesting match of the season. I made a slight tweak of the tactic before this game towards the back end of the season and used it in every game afterwards. I fielded a weak team vs Chelsea (as you can see not a lot of them players are my 1st choice players) and still managed to convincingly win against Chelsea AND create 4 clear cut chances. After this match I played vs Barcelona and won 4-1, against Chelsea and won 2-1 and then CL final against Real Madrid and won 3-0. This tweaked tactic is what version 2.1 did.

The only drawback to the tactic is probably that due to the formation and the wingers are quite high up the field so the full back is sometimes made suspect. As you can see though I still have the best defensive record in the premiership but crosses from the wide area are usually the only outlet through which the opposition scores from.

Download links:

Version 1 is the tactic that I used up to the Chelsea match at the back end of the season where I won 2-0. Before the Chelsea game I tweaked the tactic to try to attack the game more giving Chelsea no way to attack. The only things that I changed from v1 to v2.1 is I set the 2 CM's marking to zonal so I don't concede so much from crosses (and I felt that worked) AND I set the CM's to run from deep as often to put pressure onto the opposition defence. I personally prefer the v2.1 than v1 but the choice is yours.

XeNoN's 4-2-3-1 Manchester United v1

XeNoN's 4-3-2-1 Manchester United v2.1

Note that I do not use OI. I set team talks and match prep to assistant manager and leave the pitch size as it is.

This tactic was so good that one of the people on this forum who have used it have made a guide on players which I totally agree and is totally true apart from his criticism of set pieces (my personal belief) so I've posted what he wrote below.

Hi Mr Xenon, i am very exited about this tac, i want to congratulate you on making what i believe is the best tactic of fm11.3. Also in previous fm versions i was always looking for tactics plug and play and every fm i found the best ones. This version is tricky however but the search end here i believe. I tested every tactic on this forum and also the ones on the si games forum. There is no other tactic that produces the consistency that you have in this tac.

Before people come with critics i want you people to know that i micromanage every detail from player morale to player training for the tactic to have the best surface to succeed. I also analize the tac to get the best kind of players in the right positions. I also watch the matches for a long time to see the player movements before making conclusion.

My conclusion and review of this tac:
The 2 CM players are the most important part of the tactic, if you do not have the right kind of CM player then posession will drop and you will allow some teams to overrun you in the middle. That is why you need hardworking CM's , the kind of players that xenon uses. (Darren Fletcher type) Its even better if they have good decission making and passing. I tell you why.
They are put on ultra defensive and have high closing down. This means they will most likely win the ball back but also use it sensible, because of the ultra defensive mentality they will always look for safe option to pass wich will add to possession. If they have good decissions they will know when to pass and if they have high passing they will have better options to choose from to pass. Because tactic has 2 wingers and an AMC the options for this kind of players are usually plentifull in front making the tactic link up in perfect harmony with the other compartiments. This is the main strength of the tactic!

Player positional requirements for best effect:
GK: shot stopper, doesent need kicking as he is set to deliver to defenders.
Full backs: Has to be balanced in defending and attacking, they move up as the ball is passed up front and sometimes when they get the ball they launch the occasional cross.
CB's:Ideally fast paced ball playing defenders, but good passing not necessary. I usually set up one slower and faster CB together but always make sure that slower CB has +12 acceleration and pace.
CM's: As explained above, do not waste money on cheap ones, buy the best you can buy.
AMC: Probably most important position after CM's, needs creativity,flair ,decissions, passing, first touch, dribbling. Should be easy to find. Will turn into assist machine on this tac. (paulo henrique, javier pastore)
AML/R: inside forward type are best but normal winger also work, helps if they have good passing and need to be very fast acceleration and pace.
STC: Strong and fast clinical striker type, not easy to find unless you have money to spend. (Rooney type)

Weaknesses of this tac:
Very poor set pieces, can improve much on attacking corners.
CM's get tired faster then other players, often will fall victim to injuries because the high closing down.

The set pieces can be fixed easely.
For the CM's my advice is to have enough cover for them on the bench and to find players with high natural fitness and stamina, that is usually a good indication to how injurie prone a player is.

But the positives far outweight the negatives here as this tactic will create a high ammount of chances and have most ball posession, only in rare cases you will lose but the stats will mostly be in your favour.

Last edited:
looks nice, can you upload it?

Last edited:
I may have mis-read but...

Match Prep?
OI's?
etc...

Looks ok apart from your center backs have score 7 goals each so far this season.

Match prep I let my assistant do it.
I use no opposition instructions but I'm pretty sure it won't really hurt to have them.
I'm lazy so I let my assistant manager do everything.
I also have the largest pitch that OT can give me!

---------- Post added at 02:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:32 PM ----------

Looks ok apart from your center backs have score 7 goals each so far this season.

I win a lot of corners. I just clicked on 2 random matches and for each of them my team had 15 corners. If you are having on average 10 corners for 20 matches, scoring 14 from 200 corners isn't unrealistic? The amount of corners the team wins is ofc slightly unrealistic though but I put that down to the attacking nature of the tactic.

Who is the playmaker in the tactic. Do you use any? The tactic looks great. I will try it out with Huddersfield. :)

It´s a crdownload file....not at tac file....how can I use it ?

Sry if I´m a noob :D

It´s a crdownload file....not at tac file....how can I use it ?

Sry if I´m a noob :D

It is a .tac. Click the link and press the download button after it's processed.

---------- Post added at 06:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:00 PM ----------

Who is the playmaker in the tactic. Do you use any? The tactic looks great. I will try it out with Huddersfield. :)

I do not specify a playmaker in the tactic even if I have use playmaker ticked.

Good Tactic - 5 Games in / 5 Games won, although not by very High score (Using Man Utd)

1-0 vs Swansea
3-0 vs Wigan
1-0 vs Burnley
2-0 vs Wolves
1-0 vs Slavia Prague

But high amounts of shots/possesion in some matches

Swansea: 6 Shots 47% Pos. Me: 8 Shots 53 % Pos.

Wigan: 3 Shots 32% Pos. Me: 23 Shots 68 %

Burnley: 10 Shots 35% M: 12 Shots 65%

Wolves: 4 Shots 33% M: 16 Shots 67%

SP: 11 Shots 43% M: 15 Shots 57%

......Soooo I'll keep using it & I have Arsenal soon so I'll post how it goes

Edit - Just dominated Burnley in Carling/League Cup --
Man Utd 3 - 0 Burnley
21 Shots - - - 0 Shots
62% - - - - - - 38%

Last edited:
Good Tactic - 5 Games in / 5 Games won, although not by very High score (Using Man Utd)

1-0 vs Swansea
3-0 vs Wigan
1-0 vs Burnley
2-0 vs Wolves
1-0 vs Slavia Prague

Man Utd 3 - 0 Burnley
21 Shots - - - 0 Shots
62% - - - - - - 38%

Nice one! I just tried my tactic with a new game as Brazil. Just beaten France 3-1 and created 5 clear cut chances to their 0. I like how you haven't conceded a goal yet! All the bars are probably not full on your match preparation. I'm quite sure when your team is more familiar with the tactics you will score even more than you are doing.

Hang on you had 8 shots when you played what was you doing playing your under13's??

1-0 vs Swansea
3-0 vs Wigan
1-0 vs Burnley
2-0 vs Wolves
1-0 vs Slavia Prague

Man Utd 3 - 0 Burnley
21 Shots - - - 0 Shots
62% - - - - - - 38%

I played a few matches with this tactic managing Hamburg in 2014. The match preparation bars are far from fluid but the results and what I saw on the pitch were quite satisfying. The defense seems to be very tight and with a creative front 4 the attack looks nice too. Also it is nice to see that there is no "corner exploit", it is just a routine using common sense, which is working fine but is not terribly overpowered. I am looking forward to further test this tactic when I return from holiday.

xenons.jpg

XeNoN

Just like to say that this tactic is phenominal! Keeps lots of possession and plays great football. Only thing I will say is that the striker could score more goals, other than that, this tactic is the dogs bollocks!

Any chance you could post some more pictures up once you have finished your season?

Steve

going great for me so far with united played 14 won 11 drawn 3 top of table still in all other comps

Craig Curtis. I know you have only played 14 matches plus friendlies but would you reccommend i give this a try with united? Is it better than devasto so far?

Any tips...how do you line up your team? etc

think it has more possesion than devasto but results wise about the same pretty much get good results my startin line up is

GK de gea
RB rafael
CB vidic
CB smalling
LB evra
RW valencia
CM fletcher
CM jones
LW nani
ACM rooney
ST hernandez using lfc marshall new update

think it has more possesion than devasto but results wise about the same pretty much get good results my startin line up is

GK de gea
RB rafael
CB vidic
CB smalling
LB evra
RW valencia
CM fletcher
CM jones
LW nani
ACM rooney
ST hernandez using lfc marshall new update

cheers mate. definitely going to download that lfc marshall update and give the tactic a go :)

High amount of corner goals isn't surprise. Anyone who uses tactic that keeps high possession in advanced positions knows that the team will get huge amount of corners. Proper corner setting, does not need to be an exploit of any kind added with naturally far too many goals from corners in this game leads to good results.