XeNoN's 4411 - Beat Barca 9-1 away with Spurs

XeNoNF50

Reaction score
Hello people!

I've not been working on a tactic per say, but I have a tactic and it's up there with the best I've made. It's a flat midfield 4411 and I've been using it with Spurs. I just battered Barcelona away in the Champions League 9-1 with a pretty much inferior team. Obviously because Barcelona's team is so much better than mine. The tactic is not doing too shabby in the league either. Oh and I made 9 clear cut chances against them, to their 1.

Team talk: assistant
Team prep: high until it's familiar then low - attacking movements all the time
Everything else keep default because that's what I've done!

Here's the formation:

tottenhamhotspurtactics.png

Some screenshots of 'that game.'

barcelonavtottenhaminfo.png

barcelonavtottenhamstat.png

And my league table so far

englishpremierdivisionoxp.png

I'm in the CL final and the FA Cup final now too.

A little intro on the tactic itself: The style of play of this tactic really depends on the opposition. Against some opposition it totally dominates with say 70% possession and only 2 shots against. Against better opposition it keeps around 50% of the possession. It generally defends well, doesn't give away too many CCC's. It counters well. Some of the football in midfield is great to watch. Chances can fall to any of the front 6. Movement up front is good and it gets back and defends well in numbers when it needs to. It's really adaptable and depends on the team you're playing. Mostly it does create enough chances to win games, on general I create around 3 or 4 ccc's per game. It's just up to your team to finish them off.

Sorry for the below par opening post, I don't have the will power to do a long detailed one any more.

Anyway here's a link to the tactic: XeNoN's 4411 v00001.tac

Enjoy! Hope it works as well for you guys at it does for me.

Last edited:
have you tried it out with any smaller teams?

I have a network game with my mate where I am using the same tactic with Hasna Rostock. Currently top of the German 2nd division, half way through the season, 9 points clear (I think). My mate also using my tactic and is somewhere in the promotion spots 1st 2nd or 3rd with Hereford in League 2.

Is that tactic useful with 12.0.4 patch ?

im going to give it a bash in my leeds save

Fantastic result against Barca!!!
Good luck with your tactic, I might give this a try as I am a little bored of narrow tactics and miss my wingers and the newgens or regens on my game (whichever people prefer) all seem to be incredible wingers.

A couple of questions if I may...Does your AMC have a good scoring rate or is he mainly just the playmaker and support role?
Would you set your Forward as a target man and the AMC as the playmaker?, just like a little clarification as you said most of the instructions are default.

Sorry if my questions are foolish, thanks for reading my post XeNoN.

Fantastic result against Barca!!!
Good luck with your tactic, I might give this a try as I am a little bored of narrow tactics and miss my wingers and the newgens or regens on my game (whichever people prefer) all seem to be incredible wingers.

A couple of questions if I may...Does your AMC have a good scoring rate or is he mainly just the playmaker and support role?
Would you set your Forward as a target man and the AMC as the playmaker?, just like a little clarification as you said most of the instructions are default.

Sorry if my questions are foolish, thanks for reading my post XeNoN.

Some games the AMC scores in some they don't. Chances do fall to them. Last season in 29 starts and 10 sub apps (my subs usually made in 70 75th minute so I barely count that as an appearance) Luka Modric my AMC scored 12 goals and made 25 assists. Quite a creator I guess but it scores too. You'll often find the AMC dropping deeper to help the midfield. I don't set anyone as the playmaker. I set the strikers as the target man, though I don't think it is that important whether you do or don't. I didn't with Brazil and still won the 2014 world cup.

Some games the AMC scores in some they don't. Chances do fall to them. Last season in 29 starts and 10 sub apps (my subs usually made in 70 75th minute so I barely count that as an appearance) Luka Modric my AMC scored 12 goals and made 25 assists. Quite a creator I guess but it scores too. You'll often find the AMC dropping deeper to help the midfield. I don't set anyone as the playmaker. I set the strikers as the target man, though I don't think it is that important whether you do or don't. I didn't with Brazil and still won the 2014 world cup.

Thanks XeNoN for answering my questions, I like the sound of how the AMC plays it sounds like it is a healthy balance for the play style. I personally prefer a strong creator in the AMC role but getting the odd goal too is always nice to see.

I'll certainly give this a go,

Thanks again.

Thanks XeNoN for answering my questions, I like the sound of how the AMC plays it sounds like it is a healthy balance for the play style. I personally prefer a strong creator in the AMC role but getting the odd goal too is always nice to see.

I'll certainly give this a go,

Thanks again.

I think it depends on who you have in there. I've changed formation to 4231 and I'm using with Real Madrid. Just small tweaks really. Ozil AMC 9 games 1 goal 9 assists. In the league my team has scored 28 goals in 8 games conceding 4. All I did was change passing style the whole way down for AMC since AMR/L are further up than MR/L (+ I've changed cut inside to move into channels for both) so they won't help to create as much but they make more movements to score. Working very well so far.

Looking forward to trying this tactic; your 4231 and 4222 have lead me to 130 games unbeaten in the Eredvisie

really good tactic xenon! i wanted a challenge so im playing with hannover, apart from ron-zieler they have a poor team and to top it all off i only got a transfer budget of 250k and a wage budget of 5k :/ however with this tactic im currently 4th (predicted 10th) and in a champions league place with 3 games to go. have not made any signings! ( not that i could afford anyone lol) also in the euro cup semi final

Last edited:
really good tactic xenon! i wanted a challenge so im playing with hannover, apart from ron-zieler they have a poor team and to top it all off i only got a transfer budget of 250k and a wage budget of 5k :/ however with this tactic im currently 4th (predicted 10th) and in a champions league place with 3 games to go. have not made any signings! ( not that i could afford anyone lol) also in the euro cup semi final

Nice! Glad it's working for you

1st season 3rd, 2nd season 2nd, 3rd season 1st!! beat bayern by more than 10pts :)

next challenge is to win the cl with this hannover team havnt even come close yet :/

Going to give this a go in my Liverpool and Leicester joint save, better work.