Your Awards 2011/2012

CJACKO11

Reaction score
Okay now we have had a "your best 11 thread" but I thought I would try something a little different with some different awards this season. Not all of us support Premiership clubs so pick from the league your side is in if you get my drift. If need be just copy and paste my answers and delete and put your own.

Best Goalkeeper: Michel Vorm - Bargain!!!
Best Fullback: Jose Enrique - Although his side have been woeful he has not, again another bargain.
Best Centre Back: Vincent Kompany - Been an absolute rock for City.
Best Winger: Antonio Valencia - Been Utd's more influential and consistant player.
Best Centre/Defensive Midfielder: Yohan Cabaye - Again another bargain, suits the Premier league very well.
Best Attacking Midfielder: Juan Mata - 13 assists and 6 goals in his first season in England, enough said!!
Best Striker: Robin Van Persie - Without him Arsenal would be relegated lol.
Best Manager: Alan Pardew - Many slated the decision to hire him and sack Houghton but my god he has worked wonder.

Best Signing: Demba Cisse - 13 goals in 12 games and them two at the Bridge, wow just wow.
Worst Signing: Stewart Downing - 20million for 0 goals and 0 assists, very poor.

Most Improved: Ramires - Was average last season but is now one of the best players in Europe for me.
Most Disappointing: Raul Meireles - Started pretty well but his passing is absolute wank!

Best Match Watched: Chelsea 6-1 QPR - 6 against your local rivals and a Torres hat-trick, simples lol.
Best Match attended: Chelsea 4-0 Portsmouth (FA Cup) - Its the place I was born and live in so was nice to smash them.

Your Teams Player of the Season: Branislav Ivanovic - Just an absolute tank
Your Teams Player to Watch: Lucas Piazon - Signed in January and is ripping up the reserve/academy leagues.
Your Teams Goal of the Season: Didier Drogba vs Spurs (FA Cup semi final) - Just worldclass.

Goal of the Season: Peter Crouch vs Man City - Wow, not a goal you expect Crouchy to score.

Best Goalkeeper: Joe Hart
Best Fullback: Kyle Walker - needs to work on his defensive game but he is in good shape to start at Euro 2012.
Best Centre Back: Vincent Kompany - Defines professional. Amazing defender. World class.
Best Winger: Hatem Ben Arfa - pure class, especially in the second half of the season.
Best Centre/Defensive Midfielder: Yaya. City were poor without him - he's simply a complete footballer. Dying breed.
Best Attacking Midfielder: David Silva - remarkable season for Silva.
Best Striker: Robin Van Persie - enough said.
Best Manager: Paul Lambert - done an amazing job for me. I had them down for 20th.

Best Signing: Demba Cisse or Juan Mata - Arsenal need to take a long hard look at themselves for missing the boat with this kid. Him or Arteta.
Worst Signing: Stewart Downing/Henderson/Adam

Most Improved: Koscielny. Many thought he was a poor signing, but he's turned into a consistency machine.
Most Disappointing: Park Chu Young - Where is he?

Best Match Watched: Arsenal 5-2 Spurs
Best Match attended: Arsenal 2-1 Sunderland - Last minute Van Persie freekick. Nice.

Your Teams Player of the Season: Van Persie.
Your Teams Player to Watch: Marouane Chamakh - Pace, Power, offers that something different to Van Persie. This kid will be star.
Your Teams Goal of the Season: Van Persie's volley against Everton.

Goal of the Season: Peter Crouch vs Man City - Amazing Strike.

Last edited:
Best Goalkeeper: Friedel - Has been solid all season, and saved points which Gomes had cost Spurs in previous seasons.
Best Fullback: Kyle Walker - Has improved a lot defensively in his first full season in the Prem (lack of options to choose from).
Best Centre Back: Vincent Kompany - No brainer. When he doesn't play City have problems.
Best Centre/Defensive Midfielder: Alex Song - Absolute tank defensively and in an attacking sense.
Best Winger: Ben Arfa - He's come back from a bad injury and has been brilliant.
Best Attacking Midfielder: Clint Dempsey - All round great player, fantastic season in front of goal.
Best Striker: RVP - One man show
Best Manager: Alan Pards - Despite the complaints at the start of the season about how the 35m from Carroll was spent, proved everyone wrong.

Best signing: Taking the whole season into account, Juan Mata or Arteta.
Worst signing: N'Zogbia or Downing

Most Improved: David De Gea
Most Disappointing: Aaron Ramsey - Has had injuries but has also been overhyped majorly.

Best Match Watched: Arsenal 5-2 Spurs - Had everything. Spurs were getting too big for their boots, brought them back down to earth.

Best Match Attended: Spurs 1-5 Chelsea - Expected it to be really close, brilliant win in an important match.

Your Teams Player of the Season: Juan Mata
Your Teams Player to Watch: Islam Feruz
Your Teams Goal of the Season: Ramires vs Barca or if its just domestic Drogba vs Spurs

Goal of the Season: Ji vs City for the commentary

Last edited:
Best Fullback: Micah Richards
Best Centre Back: Vincent Kompany
Best Winger: Antonio Valencia
Best Centre/Defensive Midfielder: Yaya Toure
Best Attacking Midfielder: David Silva
Best Striker: Robin van Persie
Best Manager: Alan Pardew

Best Signing: Papiss Cisse
Worst Signing: Ryan Nelsen

Most Improved: Ramires
Most Disappointing: Javier Hernandez

Best Match Watched: Tottenham 5 - 0 Newcastle

Your Teams Player of the Season: Luka Modric
Your Teams Player to Watch: Younes Kaboul
Your Teams Goal of the Season: Kyle Walker vs Blackburn or Luka Modric vs Bolton.

Goal of the Season: Papiss Cisse vs Chelsea

Okay now we have had a "your best 11 thread" but I thought I would try something a little different with some different awards this season. Not all of us support Premiership clubs so pick from the league your side is in if you get my drift. If need be just copy and paste my answers and delete and put your own.

Best Goalkeeper: Michel Vorm - Bargain!!!
Best Fullback: Jose Enrique - Although his side have been woeful he has not, again another bargain.
Best Centre Back: Vincent Kompany - Been an absolute rock for City.
Best Winger: Antonio Valencia - Been Utd's more influential and consistant player.
Best Centre/Defensive Midfielder: Yohan Cabaye - Again another bargain, suits the Premier league very well.
Best Attacking Midfielder: Juan Mata - 13 assists and 6 goals in his first season in England, enough said!!
Best Striker: Robin Van Persie - Without him Arsenal would be relegated lol.
Best Manager: Alan Pardew - Many slated the decision to hire him and sack Houghton but my god he has worked wonder.

Best Signing: Demba Cisse - 13 goals in 12 games and them two at the Bridge, wow just wow.
Worst Signing: Stewart Downing - 20million for 0 goals and 0 assists, very poor.

Most Improved: Ramires - Was average last season but is now one of the best players in Europe for me.
Most Disappointing: Raul Meireles - Started pretty well but his passing is absolute wank!

Best Match Watched: Chelsea 6-1 QPR - 6 against your local rivals and a Torres hat-trick, simples lol.
Best Match attended: Chelsea 4-0 Portsmouth (FA Cup) - Its the place I was born and live in so was nice to smash them.

Your Teams Player of the Season: Branislav Ivanovic - Just an absolute tank
Your Teams Player to Watch: Lucas Piazon - Signed in January and is ripping up the reserve/academy leagues.
Your Teams Goal of the Season: Didier Drogba vs Spurs (FA Cup semi final) - Just worldclass.

Goal of the Season: Peter Crouch vs Man City - Wow, not a goal you expect Crouchy to score.

Wrong player dude.

He's also a Demba.

Papiss Demba Cisse, I believe. Probably the Senegalese equivalent for 'John'.

Best Goalkeeper; Vorm
Best Fullback: Richards
Best Centre Back: Skrtel
Best Winger: McLean
Best Attacking Midfielder: Silva
Best Striker: RVP
Best Manager: Pardew, the smug ****.
Best signing: Arteta
Worst signing: Downing/Insomnia

Most Improved: Skrtel
Most Disappointing: Carroll
Best Match Watched: 3-0 Everton

Best Match Attended: 2-1 United, FA CUP

Your Teams Player of the Season: Skrtel
Your Teams Player to Watch: Sterling
Your Teams Goal of the Season: Blah. Suarez's 3rd vs Norwich
Goal of the Season: Cisse

Best Goalkeeper: Vorm
Best Fullback: Enrique/Walker
Best Centre: Yaya Toure
Best Attacking Midfielder: Clint Dempsey
Best Manager: Alan Pardew

Worst Signing: Andy Carroll
Shock Player: Sessegnon

Most Improved: James McClean, from watching him do what he did in the Irish league, to this - is extraordinary.
Most Disappointing: Chicarito

Best Match Watched: MU 8 -2 Arsenal

Your Teams Player of the Season: Martin Skrtel
Your Teams Player to Watch: Sebastian Coates
Your Teams Goal of the Season: Luis Suarez, halfway line magic.

Goal of the Season: Papiss Cisse vs Chelsea​

Wrong player dude.

Wrong player as in name or wrong player as i should have picked Ba?? If its name your on about then his full name is Papiss Demba Cisse so i like to say they have Demba and Demba upfront because i am immature lol.

He's also a Demba.

Papiss Demba Cisse, I believe. Probably the Senegalese equivalent for 'John'.

The Senegalese equivalent for 'John' is 'John'. Racist.

Best Goalkeeper: Hart
Best Fullback: Jose Enrique
Best Centre Back: Kompany
Best Winger: McLean
Best Centre/Defensive Midfielder: Cabaye
Best Attacking Midfielder: Dempsey
Best Manager: Pardew

Best Signing: P Cisse/ Ba (partnership)
Worst Signing: Ummm.. Trying hard to think of a player who isn't at Liverpool.......... ):

Most Improved: Ramires.<3
Most Disappointing: Ramsey.. Wales captain. WHAAT!?

Your Teams Player of the Season: Skrtel/ Agger (partnership)
Your Teams Player to Watch: Sterling
Your Teams Goal of the Season: Suarez

Goal of the Season: Cisse v Chelsea

Last edited:
Best Goalkeeper: Michel Vorm - Have to agree. Close between him and Al-Habsi, if Wigan stay up it will have been down to him.
Best Fullback: Toss up between Gibbs, Ivanovic and Walker. Probably say Walker in the end.
Best Centre Back: I'll say Caulker. Kompany may be good for City, but Swansea's partnership have been insanely good.
Best Winger: Antonio Valencia - No competition.
Best Centre/Defensive Midfielder: Yohan Cabaye - Yet again, no competition.
Best Attacking Midfielder: Wayne Rooney - Well, you can't class him as an out-and-out striker this season, can you?
Best Striker: Robin Van Persie - Arsenal's only good player at many times this year.
Best Manager: Brendan Rogers - Admit it, how many of you thought Swansea would go straight back down?

Best Signing: Gonna sound like a Swansea fan here, but Gylfi Sigurdsson. Demba Ba and P. Cisse in close second.
Worst Signing: Everyone Liverpool have signed this year, bar Jose Enrique.

Most Improved: Jonny Evans - He has seriously upped his game this season, since Vida's been out.
Most Disappointing: Jordan Henderson - £16m paperweight, basically.

Best Match Watched: United 3-2 City (Community Shield) - Since I'm gonna put the best one next...
Best Match attended: Manchester United 8-2 Arsenal - Not every day you see the Gunners have 8 knocked past them :)

Your Teams Player of the Season: Jonny Evans - for the reasons above.
Your Teams Player to Watch: Davide Petrucci - Captained the Reserves to another title this year, will be loaned out next season.
Your Teams Goal of the Season: Nani vs City (Community Shield) - Barca-esque with an absolutely brilliant finish.

Goal of the Season: Papiss Cisse vs Chelsea (2nd) - Wow. Just WOW.

Best Goalkeeper: Hart
Best Fullback: Baines
Best Winger: Ben Arfa
Best Centre/Defensive Midfielder: Scholes
Best Attacking Midfielder: Silva

Best Signing: Jelavic
Worst Signing: Meireles
Most Improved: Ramires.
Most Disappointing: Hernandez

Your Teams Player of the Season: Rooney
Your Teams Player to Watch: De Gea/Jones
Your Teams Goal of the Season: Young v Arsenal
Goal of the Season: Crouch v City

Best Goalkeeper: Krul.
Best Fullback: Clichy.
Best Centre Back: Kompany.
Best Winger: Ben Arfa.
Best Centre/Defensive Midfielder: Cabaye.
Best Attacking Midfielder: Yaya Toure.
Best Striker: Van Persie.
Best Manager: Pardew.

Best Signing: Cisse.
Worst Signing: Downing.

Most Improved: Perch or Moses.
Most Disappointing: Hernandez.

Best Match Watched: Newcastle 3 - 0 Manchester United.

Your Teams Player of the Season: Coloccini.
Your Teams Player to Watch: Santon.
Your Teams Goal of the Season: Cisse v Chelsea.

Goal of the Season: Cisse v Chelsea.

Best Goalkeeper: Al-Habsi
Best Fullback: Kyle Walker
Best Centre/Defensive Midfielder: Yaya Toure
Best Attacking Midfielder: Juan Mata
Best Manager: Brendan Rodgers

Worst Signing: Downing/Henderson

Most Improved: Clint Dempsey/Younes Kaboul
Most Disappointing: Andy Carroll

Best Match Watched: Tottenham 5 - 0 Newcastle

Your Teams Player of the Season: Younes Kaboul
Your Teams Player to Watch: Younes Kaboul
Your Teams Goal of the Season: Kyle Walker vs Blackburn/Arsenal

Goal of the Season: Peter Crouch vs City.

Best Fullback: Walker
Best Winger: Valencia
Best Centre/Defensive Midfielder: Cabaye/Yaya
Best Attacking Midfielder: Mata
Best Manager: Pardew/Brendan

Best Signing: Papiss without a ******* doubt
Worst Signing: That Stewart guy from pool.

Most Improved: Rami
Most Disappointing: Ramsey

Best Match Watched: Spurs 1-5 Chelsea / Chelsea 6-1 QPR / and probably those two Barca games.

Your Teams Player of the Season: Rami
Your Teams Goal of the Season: Rami vs Barca / Mata vs Utd

Goal of the Season: Crouch vs City

Best Goalkeeper: Ali Al-Habsi - Can't help thinking that without him Wigan would already be down by now. Can't wait for him to join a better team and achieve the success he deserves
Best Fullback: Leighton Baines - Such an underrated player who deserves a lot of credit for Everton's success
Best Centre Back: Vincent Kompany - He is the glue that holds City together. Without him they have no leader and play poorly.
Best Winger: Going to agree with everyone else and say Antonio Valencia. Undoubtedly the top winger.
Best Centre/Defensive Midfielder: Yohan Cabaye - Possibly signing of the season because at £4m he's been one of the leagues best players
Best Attacking Midfielder: Juan Mata - Chelsea may have struggled, but he has been the best playmaker in the league by far.
Best Striker: Robin Van Persie - The obvious choice for obvious reasons.
Best Manager: Brendan Rogers - I respect Rogers so much. He went to Spain, learnt the language, watched the football and has Swansea playing arguably the best football in the Premiership.

Best Signing: Demba Ba - May be being out-shined right now but he has been quality this season. The fact that he was free is even better.
Worst Signing: Andy Carroll - £35m and 4 league goals. Do the maths.

Most Improved: David De Gea - Nervous in his first few games, but has improved greatly over the course of the season
Most Disappointing: Pretty much every Aston Villa player

Best Match Watched: Utd 1 - 6 City domestically. But nothing comes close to Chelsea - Barca. Watching it with a load of Chelsea fans I went through pretty much every emotion possible. Epic.

I'm actually a Portsmouth fan, but the Premiership team I like is Fulham

Your Teams Player of the Season: Clint Dempsey
Your Teams Player to Watch: Pavel Pogrebnyak
Your Teams Goal of the Season: Dempsey's 3rd and Fulham's 5th against Wolves at Craven Cottage
Goal of the Season: Frazier Campbell vs Norwich - After his injuries it was great to him score a goal lie that

Last edited:
Best Goalkeeper: Krul
Best Fullback: Sagna. His comeback changed everything for Arsenal. Such a big influence.
Best Centre Back: Vincent Kompany.
Best Winger: Ben Arfa
Best Centre/Defensive Midfielder: Tempted to say Song, cause he really was amazing, but I'll go for Cabaye too.
Best Attacking Midfielder: Silva...
Best Striker: Robin van Persie. Legend.
Best Manager: Pardew.

Best Signing: Cisse.
Worst Signing: Downing.

Most Improved: Ramires...
Most Disappointing: Dunno...

Best Match Watched: Arsenal 5-2 Tottenham, Chelsea 3-5 Arsenal

Your Teams Player of the Season: Draw between Song and van Persie.
Your Teams Player to Watch: Gnabry. Really impressed for the reserves this season.
Your Teams Goal of the Season: Volley van Persie, with Song's beautiful assist. Forgot against which team it was.

Goal of the Season: Cisse few days ago, that goal was amazing.

Best Goalkeeper: Krul
Best Fullback: Baines
Best Winger: Valencia
Best Centre/Defensive Midfielder: Scholes
Best Attacking Midfielder: Mata

Best Signing: Jelavic
Worst Signing: Meireles
Most Improved: De Gea
Most Disappointing: Hernandez

Your Teams Player of the Season: Rooney
Your Teams Player to Watch: De Gea
Your Teams Goal of the Season: One of Young's epic curlers.
Goal of the Season: Cisse vs Chelsea

Best Match - Chelsea 3 - 3 United