Player/Scout gamebreaker - need help!

Egonga

Reaction score
Hiya,

Not sure if this is the correct place to post this or not. I pre-contracted Robbie Fowler as a scout at the end of the 2010-2011 season. With his old club he was still a player, and was due to retire in 2012. However, he's just joined me as a Scout only contract, and his profile has no playing stats.

The problem is, when I try to access the Liverpool Squad screen, I get an error message about a crash dump and the game crashes.

I haven't actually downloaded any patches for the game yet - it's basically the off-the-shelf version still. Is there any way I can fix this or have I doomed myself to lose all my progress? I've tried sacking him, too, but at 700k compensation the board are unwilling to let him go.

Cheers,
Egonga.

try patching it may help, but ive never seen an option to approach a staff member on a pre contract so you could have found a bug. try reporting it to SI.

if you used steam your game will have patched itself, if not download the latest patch here

keep an eye out for the next patch which should be along in a week or 2.

also as hes now a scout he wont have any playing attributes, but the fact that its when you click liverpools squad screen that the game goes mental makes me think you have found a bug, some coding to do with his favoured clubs/playing history connected with liverpool has gone wrong.

Yes! Thanks Jake. I downloaded the 10.2 patch, and now I can continue playing. I have Abidal and Stankovic joining on a free in a month or two, and I'd have hated to have to start again with Degen and Voronin *shudder*