Your Favourite Co-op games?

Irish Scouse

Bob Kelso. ❥
Reaction score
Been looking to get another co-op game for the 360 lately to play with a friend over XBL. Not too sure what to get though. Both been tempted by Borderlands and Resident Evil 5 as neither of us have played them.

I hear Dead Island is a fun co-op game to play, not had any experience on that either.

So, use this thread to reccommend some to me, or even state your own personal favourites.

My Favourites are Left for Dead, GOW, Halo 3 + ODST,R6V2 and splinter Cell's.

Got GOW3, just waiting to complete that on Insane.

Another one I'm thinking about is Dead Rising 2.

My favourite ever was Baldurs Gate : Dark Alliance on the PS2, I spent weeks on that with my brothers. I've always struggled to find Co-op games on the newer consoles, I think online player has really taken over and we eventually resorted to getting a console each and playing FPS games like CoD. The Resistance titles have always been quite fun

Resident Evil 5 is a very good game, especially good if you play co-op. Any Left 4 Dead games are also fun... Until you get bored of shooting zombies over and over and over and over and over again, and the fact you only get to choice from like 2 guns. Dead Island is pretty boring.

I'd also say that MW3 Spec Ops is quite fun, survival mode is good, the missions not so much. GOW campaigns are aright.. I personally think GOW is lame but then generally provide a solid campaign.. Halo is also alright to play co-op, again, I don't like Halo but I'd happily spend time playing the campaign with mates if they bought it for me, put it in my XBOX and handed me the controller.

R62V, meh, dull. Didn't even know Borderlands or Splinter Cell had co-op.. Red Dead Redemption is quite fun co-op.. If that game still exists.

Personally I don't see what's wrong with just playing FM..? ;)

Splinter Cell has a Co-op section to it, and afaik Borderlands is co-op too.

Timesplitters I think was my favourite/most-played.

I enjoy playing with myself to be honest...

Not sure really on co-op games, I never play them, only single player games! thats how I roll!

If Mass Effect had to co-op (dont think ME1 or ME2 had the option, I may be wrong) that would be the coolest game to play! Resident Evil 5 is a good game, if you are a fan of the series like me :) you may find it a little trigger happy and more of an action game than a survival horror game!

Why not get an awesome sports game like NFL 12 or NBA 12 or NHL 12 and jam that vs a mate?

Boarderlands is great. Heard Rage isnt bad. Halo is good, very good on the Horde type mode (forgotten its name)

Edit @ Raikan, yeah Time Crisis to good, also the House of the Dead games!

Last edited:
Good Co op games I have played

Kane & Lynch 2 (the game sucks, but co-op works well)
Dead Island (its still good co-op despite its flaws)
Gears of war (the game is awesome with or without co-op)
Left 4 Dead (its great fun to work together in the survival modes)

XD3Q1.png

Boarderlands is great. Heard Rage isnt bad. Halo is good, very good on the Horde type mode (forgotten its name)

Edit @ Raikan, yeah Time Crisis to good, also the House of the Dead games!

Will probably look into Borderlands and look up som Rage footage, also heard it is good, co-op in Rage though? Yeah, love Halo :)

Good Co op games I have played

Kane & Lynch 2 (the game sucks, but co-op works well)
Dead Island (its still good co-op despite its flaws)
Gears of war (the game is awesome with or without co-op)
Left 4 Dead (its great fun to work together in the survival modes)

K&L same for me
L4D is on of my favourite co-op games of the past few years, no story involved but endless fun, especially the PC Custom maps.

The co-op survival mode on the Call of Duty Modern Warfare games are pretty good..