• ?75million - ?100million

Votes: 177 14.9%
  • ?100million and over

Votes: 266 22.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I

iNickStuff

The question is in the title.Who was your most expenisve signing on Football Manager? Was he a total flop or did he turn out to be like Cristiano Ronaldo at Real Madrid,who is currently the world's most expensive footballer.

I was playing on my laptop with Manchester City and I was on the verge of signing Didier Drogba from Chelsea for around £92million :O (I think) in my second season.Chelsea were asking around £100million plus but Drogba wanted to leave after I 'lured him in' :p.Unfortunately my laptop needed repairing so technically I haven't signed him yet but when it does come back I will have.

Who was your most expenisve signing on Football Manager?

On cm08 I signed Cristiano Ronaldo with real madrid for 86m. On Fm though the highest I ever payed is £67m for Torres with Man City three seasons in.
I tend to avoid signing a player for over £20m now unless he's a youngster, because the amount of times that they have turned out to be flops is countless

Messi 270 mil

:O You couldn't have signed Messi for £270million.Who were you and what Football Manager was it? How many goals did he score?

---------- Post added at 01:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:05 PM ----------

On cm08 I signed Cristiano Ronaldo with real madrid for 86m. On Fm though the highest I ever payed is £67m for Torres with Man City three seasons in.
I tend to avoid signing a player for over £20m now unless he's a youngster, because the amount of times that they have turned out to be flops is countless

I hear you.Signed Dzeko for about £32million and scored about two,three goals.

i did sign him on fm 10 when i was man city i sold aderbayor tevez and loads of others

£19.5 Million for an 18 year old regen...

SS_2010-02-06_13-23-23.jpg

SS_2010-02-06_13-23-56.jpg

60M for David Villa for Liverpool, greatest combination for FM and Spain! :D

£20m - Georginio Wijnaldum in FM09 about 6-7 seasons into it. Not a flop, not an instant superstar, but probably not worth the 20 mil.

Playing with Real Madrid 7th season and I was leaving to join Hull so I signed a 37 year old left back from Birmingham for £76 million cause i got bored

i signed kaka in my third season with man city for 80 mil, what a flop lol i quit in january and took over at arsenal who were 10th in the league....still above man utd pretty unrealistic neither finished in the top four once.

In my current save, £1.8m on a centre back regen.

Most I have spent on any FM was on 09 buying Aguero for £40m for Man Utd.

The question is in the title.Who was your most expenisve signing on Football Manager? Was he a total flop or did he turn out to be like Cristiano Ronaldo at Real Madrid,who is currently the world's most expensive footballer.

I was playing on my laptop with Manchester City and I was on the verge of signing Didier Drogba from Chelsea for around £92million :O (I think) in my second season.Chelsea were asking around £100million plus but Drogba wanted to leave after I 'lured him in' :p.Unfortunately my laptop needed repairing so technically I haven't signed him yet but when it does come back I will have.

Who was your most expenisve signing on Football Manager?

dude you're a man utd fan. Why are you playing as City?

fm09 fabregas for 77million, biggest waste of money ever!! sold him to barcelona for 30million two seasons later

I only sign big money players if I only need the one player for that position and have a big transfer budget

Sergio aguero for £55m 3rd season as city..well worth it though, top scorer and such, and world player of the year...o...toulalan, pjanic, akinfeev, thiago silva i all got for £35m as well...none of the flopped

Not really into splashing the cash to be honest. I paid 21.5M for Bale and that is the most expensive signing I have ever made. He was nothing special. A good solid player but he never stood out for me. :S

Last edited: