Your views on Arsenal?

Where will Arsenal come this year in the Premier league?

• First

Votes: 9 18.8%
  • Second

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • Third

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • Fourth

Votes: 15 31.3%
  • Fifth

Votes: 4 8.3%
  • Lower than Fifth

Votes: 6 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

19-11-08

loves anderson
Reaction score
With Manchester city flexing their new arab financial muscles this summer and Arsene Wenger sticking with his policy of bringing through youth players, some people feel that this is the season that Arsenal will fall from the top four to be replaced by City or one of the other top premier league sides.

I have created this thread for people to voice their opinions on what they think the new season holds for Arsenal.

Personally I think you should not underestimate Arsenal or Wenger but that is just me.

i think man city are overrated maybe they've got an amazing attacking force but their defence could be improved.

I don't hold high hopes for them - 4th at the best this season. Wenger needs to realise that they're obviously lacking somewhere, considering they've had no success in 4 seasons now.

Looking at their targets now, it's hard to believe just a few seasons ago Wenger put together an unbeaten side. He needs to get with reality and sign a few players to fill obviously weak positions.

Unless Arsene Wenger decides to splash an imaginary 50 million on replacing toure, adebayor and better still Thierry Henry a player that can make something happen is whats required, if they dont get one they will struggle to qualify for Europe.

If I'm honest, I truly believe Arsenal to be a little weak given their loss of Adebayor & Toure. However, during the Emirates cup I did think Eduardo and Wiltshire were very sharp in front of goal and combine with Van Persie and Arshavin, I don't think goals are going to be an issue, their defence, perhaps, is.

It's been clear from Wenger's overture to Hagenland that he's out for a centre-back with a little height to help the Gunners' aerial game, but as of yet nothing has come of it.

I think Arsenal will finish fourth because of a potentially weaker defence than the other members of the 'top four'.

As for City, I don't think they'll be within the top four simply because you can't through money at everything and it'll take Hughes quite a while to get the team of superstars to work together as a cohesive unit.

Tbh i voted for seond place..

I truly believe that arsenal can get first..only if the likes of arshavin, fabregas, van persie and gallas have a mind-blowing season..everybody knows how good arsenal can be when fabregas is on form last season he was truly awful arshavin is class and can change a game just like that like he scored four past liverpool..

Now that toure has gone that i can tell you that im am releived he was good defender thats all he made mistakes after mistakes and had the likes of gallas, clichy, sagna and djourou to save him..gallas and toure wasnt friends anyway so now gallas can show everyone how good he really is..

if we can start the season well with a win against everton it will be the perfect start.

I truly believe that arsenal can get first..only if the likes of arshavin, fabregas, van persie and gallas have a mind-blowing season..everybody knows how good arsenal can be when fabregas is on form last season he was truly awful arshavin is class and can change a game just like that like he scored four past liverpool..

Now that toure has gone i am releived he was good defender thats all he made mistakes after mistakes and had the likes of gallas, clichy, sagna and djourou to save him..gallas and toure wasnt friends anyway so now gallas can show everyone how good he really is..

if we can start the season well with a win against everton it will be the perfect start.
everton is a tough first game.

i'm quite happy with birmingham for a first game. should be a relatively straightforward 3 points which will allow the team get used to life without ronaldo.

if we manage to **** up the start of our season like the past two seasons with such relatively easy games i will be seriously ******.

I don't know on there day Arsenal are amazing and Wilkshire looked great in pre season but with Chelsea looking very organised, Man City with there spending and Man U still looking pretty class i think they will be fighting for 4th again. I don't even think Spurs can be written off either.

Just depends on key players fitness and form i guess. I think the gunners need a defender,striker and a Viera like player

everton is a tough first game.

Plus,

I feel it the best time to play evereton atm..such a small sqaud and with the likes of arteta, jagielka missing and lescott sets his mind elsewhere everton will struggle to pick a fully fit 11 players on saturday..

best time to play them :) gotta take it to our advantage.!!

Last edited:
very tough game now that moyes has put mark hughes in his place.... come on you blue beauties!!!!!!!

We have a shot at the title and should not drop out of the top four, I really don't see that happening. Hopefully we can get a strong league finish along with a good CL and FA Cup run.

I honestly believe they will come 7th. When you compare them man-to-man with the rest of the top four plus Man. City, Everton and Villa, they're hardly top dogs.

Now that toure has gone that i can tell you that im am releived he was good defender thats all he made mistakes after mistakes and had the likes of gallas, clichy, sagna and djourou to save him..gallas and toure wasnt friends anyway so now gallas can show everyone how good he really is..

I voted for 2nd place too.
I think people are looking too far ahead for City. Money buys you players not the league, if the players can't play together then they're as useful as wheels on a fish. It takes a great manager to gel those egos and personally I don't think Hughes has it in him.
I give him a month.
I also honestly believe that Arsenal have the talent in the club to mount a serious challenge.
Adebayor took too many chances to score 1 goal and Toure had lost his touch. Arsene knows when its time to get rid of players. Ade & Toure haven't really lit up Man City.
Arshavin will have a fantastic season and hopefully wee Jack Wilshere will play some games this year. Having seen him at the Emirates Cup, he's a star.
2nd at least, but injuries aside, we can finish top. AT LAST!!

they will do ok only if they can actually finish their chances and stay strong at the back. that play amazing football but are massivly let down by not taking their chances and very sloppy defending. 4th should be renamed arsenal spot as i cant see them breaking the top 3 for a while.

I honestly believe they will come 7th. When you compare them man-to-man with the rest of the top four plus Man. City, Everton and Villa, they're hardly top dogs.

As a realistic Villa fan myself, I think Arsenal will finish above Villa. Although, I am somewhat pessimistic. I don't think our pre-season signings have been very good so far (I mean the very fact that the premier league starts in less than 24-hours and we still only have 2 first-team centre-backs in the squad) and we've really not replace the backbone of our midfield properly, because frankly, I don't think Petrov can cut it.

Villa will do well to finish in the top 10 this season, never mind beat out Arsenal.

man utd will struggle without ronaldo, he carried man u; man u were pants at the start of last season. Why? Because Ronaldo was injured. That's my opinion.

man utd will struggle without ronaldo, he carried man u; man u were pants at the start of last season. Why? Because Ronaldo was injured. That's my opinion.

i massivly agree tht utd will suffer without ronaldo but as for utd not starting well in the league they have done this alot and still manage to win the league.