Your Worst Season?

Redrup

One Nerdy Gamer
Reaction score
Erm, my worst has to be winning no trophies and coming 4th in the League with Arsenal. I was not happy.

We've all had the glory-filled successes of winning the league or getting an obscurely-rated club promoted from the depths English footballm or what not,but have you ever stuck it out in a relegation battle to survive after getting that promotion to top-flight and not won the battle? Lost key players to bigger clubs and led to your plummit?

Ever been sacked halfway through the season even when you're hitting around the average expectations put out by you and the Board?

Post here.

My worst season ever was so bad I had no option but to restart XD

I had a decent team, players playing well only problem was I never won a game, I would go 2-0 up then end up losing 2-5 or something stupid. Teams like Yeovil were killing me 6-0, eventually I just got ****** off and restarted. Now with exactly the same team and tactics on the new game I am top of the league with 14 + games played with 0 losses.......

Was Aston Villa on 2010, got a £30m offer for Ashley Young from Chelsea in the 2nd season, all upfront, had to accept as it was too much to turn down and could simply not replace him, all went to pot.

Probably, after getting promoted first time with Cardiff, getting relegated on about 18 points in 2010/11

Newcastle 2nd season after getting promoted - stupidly bought a young team and was 2 points away from relegation :D, on the plus 3rd season they were amazing came 6th, and then managed to win the european cup next season. Some reason whoever i buy for portsmouth i do rubbish to, my last game i got sacked by them twice, had my usual set of targets but never seemed to perform...Struggle to get top half table.

my first Premier season with Derby, we came 19th and it literally came to the last game which we lost against Birmingham (who also got relegated) 2-1. if we won, we would have leap-frogged them and Blackburn up to 17th, but we lost and got relegated.

Wow,1 week old and I thought this thread would be closed.Anyone else?

My worst, has to be the same Newcastle game i always talk about, im still with them so it was never bad enough for the boot or for me to resign and give up. After promotion i set a target of surviving, then the next season, after board change overs i got 22m for transfers to get us in continental qual. I ended up coming 15th because i thinned down my players so much i had barely any options for non injured/suspended players. But i was so close to rage quitting the TOON! I think i had a squad of 16 because i ran out of money and time in the Transfer window!

Winning the Prem, FA cup and League cup in 2016 as Newcastle. Next season finished 17th, got to quaters of CL. dont see how I wasnt sacked.

when i was bournemouth and i was on top of league 2 and then i lost 5-1 to rochdale and got sacked

Vålerenga; always got past the CL group stages... 4th season i third, so played the Euro Cup. Where i played Galatasary, 4-0 up after half time, won 5-4, but they'd beaten me 1-0 in Turkey...