Zambo's Fantasy Draft/Auction Game

ZamboUK

Reaction score
SIGN-UPS ARE NOW CLOSED!

Greetings guys, I'm Zambo and thanks for reading about my new Draft/Auction game! (This is my first ever attempt)

What is it?

Well, to start with, an Auction game is kind of like a fantasy football game that you might have played in the newspapers or online via some websites. You're given a budget and you have to use that money to secure players and staff, etc to make up your team and make sure that they're as good as they can be. Once the bidding sessions are over, I simulate a season and depending on your team's performance you score a certain amount of points. The winning team is obviously the team that has accrued the most points over the course of the game.

A draft game is where you get to pick from a list of "Free Agent" players. Usually this kind of selection is reserved for american football and hockey and it is how they choose to allocate free agents to teams.

How does it work?

• Each of you guys (should you choose to join) will take over an existing premiership club. The club you take over does not really matter as I'm going to normalise the clubs so that all their stats / training facilities / reputations are identical. You're basically just taking on the name of the club to save me a little time with creating a whole new edited club.
  • I will be using the following patches when running my game. Patch 11.3 update and Foss' Free Agent Database. The patch 11.3 update is the latest official update for FM11. It does not contain the most recent transfers (but that doesn't matter too much, you'll see why in the next sentence) but it does contain the latest SI updates on players and their Current and Potential Abilities. The Free Agent Database is a custom patch, in which EVERY player and EVERY member of staff has been released from their current clubs and are now all free agents.
  • The initial phase of recruitment will be done via a Draft system. We will ONLY be recruiting players and staff from the EPL (as per patch 11.3 - So you won't be expecting to get Gervinho for example) to form our initial set ups. Each owner will be allocated a draft position (this will be done randomly) and will get to choose a person from the list based on that order.
    So for example, I will list all the EPL players and staff, if you are given the first choice, you get to look at the list and decide who you would like to take. Then if "John" is second, he can pick anyone on the list, aside from the one you have already picked.
  • Each person on the draft list will be given a value (a signing-on fee, if you will) by myself, you will pay this fee out of your primary budget to recruit that person to your team. This fee is non-negotiable.
  • At each transfer window, I will run an auction game. Players and staff will be selected based on their nationalities and a list will be published, showing each player and member of staff that is available for purchase. I will only be putting players on the list that are not already assigned to one of our users' clubs. You will all bid for any players, by sending me a private message detailing the player's name and the amount you wish to bid for him. At the end of the deadline, I will reveal the bids in a post and the person with the highest bid will pay that amount of money and recruit the person to their team.
  • You can choose to put your own, existing players/staff up for auction. You will do this by sending me a PM with the person's name and a RESERVE amount that you wish to accept for this person. (Try and make sure that you differentiate between players that you are listing for auction yourself and players that you are making a bid on. Obviously if your PM just has "Torres - 49 million" I'm not going to know whether that means you want to bid 49 million for Torres, or whether you want to sell Torres for 49 million.) That person will be included on the next auction list and people will be able to bid on them, as they can with any other person on the list. If your reserve price is not met, then the person will remain unsold and you will lose 10% of the reserve price from your budget (as a listing fee, just like ebay of course!)
  • There will be no private transfers between users. (All transfers between users will be done via the auction system.)
  • You will be given a budget of £500 million to spend. You can (at a later time) use money from your prize winnings to bump up your spending power. If you decide to do this, the amount you wish to use will be deducted directly from your total prize fund and will directly affect your final scoring when the game ends. This is an option to be used sparingly, if at all.
  • At the start of each season, you can choose to "invest" a portion of your transfer kitty. At the end of the season, you will be told the result of your investment, and be paid back, according to what the result was. Investments (as with real life) are not a guarantee of a return, and it may be the case that you end up losing part of, or all of your money because of your investments.
    To keep things fair, every player that invests will have the same result on their investment. For example, if you make a 3% profit, then every player that invested will be given their money back, +3% profit. Likewise if you make a loss, you will all be paid back your money minus the loss you made.
  • You cannot go over budget. Any bids or other arrangements that would take you over your budget will become null and void.
  • You must recruit enough players to be able to field a full team for the league and cup games that you are entered in to. A total of 18 should suffice.
  • If you are relegated, you can still continue with the game (should you wish to do so) however, you will not score any prize money for league position whilst you are out of the Premier League. You can still score prize money in the cup competitions as normal.
  • I will not be playing this game with you. I think it's unfair if the host/creator plays a club as well as it will lead to claims of bias and unfair advantage. I will be running the game just for you guys to play along with!
The Details

Scoring will be decided using the following chart:

Champions League:
Quarter Finals - £5 Million
Semi Finals - £7.5 Million
Runners Up - £10 Million
Champions - £15 Million

UEFA Cup:
Quarter Finals - £3 Million
Semi Finals - £5 Million
Runners Up - £7.5 Million
Champions - £10 Million

FA Cup:
Quarter Finals - £750k
Semi Finals - £1 Million
Runners Up - £1.5 Million
Champions - £3 Million

League Cup:
Quarter Finals - £500k
Semi Finals - £750k
Runners Up - £1 Million
Champions - £2 Million

League Position:
20th - £100k
19th - £125k
18th - £135k
17th - £150k
16th - £175k
15th - £200k
14th - £225k
13th - £250k
12th - £275k
11th - £300k
10th - £350k
9th - £400k
8th - £450k
7th - £500k
6th - £550k
5th - £600k
4th - £750k
3rd - £1 Million
2nd - £2 Million
1st - £5 Million
Team Listing

Arsenal - EduinJBL
Staff:
Players:
Carlos Tevez - 30 Million

Aston Villa - chubb23 (£20 Million investment)
Staff:
Players:

Birmingham - mark 19 times (£15 Million investment)
Staff:
Players:

Blackburn - brinny14 (£20 Million investment)
Staff:
Players:
Wayne Rooney - £38 Million

Blackpool - luke797 (£50 Million investment)
Staff:
Players:

Cesc Fabregas - £40 Million

Bolton - Eddie Money (£25 Million investment)
Staff:
Players:

Chelsea - Aneil14life (£15 Million investment)
Staff:
Players:

Everton - carter555 (£15 Million investment)
Staff:
Players:

Fulham - sat10 (£25 Million investment)
Staff:
Players:

Liverpool - TJD07
Staff:
Players:

Manchester City - JuniorMidget (£10 Million investment)
Staff:
Players:

Manchester United - Bigfatfishy
Staff:
Players:

Robin van Persie - £26 Million

Newcastle - NeedForSpeed (£20 Million investment)
Staff:
Players:

Stoke - ustart2worry (£15 Million investment)
Staff:
Players:
Fernando Torres -£40 Million

Sunderland - nirmit11 (£10 Million investment)
Staff:
Players:

Tottenham - jamie9456 (£5 Million investment)
Staff:
Players:

West Brom - Potta (£40 Million investment)
Staff:
Players:

West Ham - ThisIsJoe (£25 Million investment)
Staff:
Players:

Wigan - fmisawesome (£20 Million investment)
Staff:
Players:
Luis Suarez - £25 Million

Wolves - Witsel (£20 Million investment)
Staff:
Players:

Team NameUser NameRemaining Transfer BudgetTotal Prize Money EarnedTotal Prize Money DeductionsTotal Prize Money
ArsenalEduinJBL£470 Milllion£0£0£0
Aston Villachubb23£480 Milllion£0£0£0
Birminghammark 19 times£485 Milllion£0£0£0
Blackburnbrinny14£442 Milllion£0£0£0
Blackpoolluke797£410 Milllion£0£0£0
BoltonEddie Money£475 Million£0£0£0
ChelseaAneil14life£485 Milllion£0£0£0
Evertoncarter555£485 Milllion£0£0£0
Fulhamsat10£475 Milllion£0£0£0
LiverpoolTJD07£500 Milllion£0£0£0
Man CityJuniorMidget£490 Milllion£0£0£0
Man UnitedBigfatfishy£474 Milllion£0£0£0
NewcastleNeedForSpeed£480 Milllion£0£0£0
Stokeustart2worry£445 Milllion£0£0£0
Sunderlandnirmit11£490 Milllion£0£0£0
Tottenhamjamie9456£495 Milllion£0£0£0
West BromPotta£460 Milllion£0£0£0
West HamThisIsJoe£475 Milllion£0£0£0
Wiganfmisawesome£455 Milllion£0£0£0
WolvesWitsel£480 Milllion£0£0£0

---------- Post added at 01:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:20 PM ----------

User Name: (Your name)
Team: (That you wish to control)
Investment: (How much, of the total £500 million do you wish to invest)

SIGN-UPS ARE NOW CLOSED!

Last edited:
User Name: chubb23
Team: Aston Villa
Investment: 20 million

Last edited:
This sounds very interesting.

User Name: Bigfatfishy
Team: Manchester United
Investment: 0

Last edited:
User Name: Brinny14
Team: Blackburn rovers
Investment: £20m

I am intrigued to see this in action, sounds good :D

User Name: chubb23
Team: Aston Villa
Investment:50 million ?

I don't quite understand this investment bit?

It's a bit like a gambling game. You can choose to invest part of your money and then at the end of the season, I'll randomly decide a result on your investment. So you could end up getting (for example) a 10% return on your money, which means that in the new season you'll have whatever your left over budget is, plus the 55 million back from your investment (50 million investment +10% = 55 million).

On the flip side, you could lose 10%, which means you'd only get 45 million back at the end of the season.

User Name: JuniorMidget
Team: Man City
Investment: £10m

Last edited:
It's a bit like a gambling game. You can choose to invest part of your money and then at the end of the season, I'll randomly decide a result on your investment. So you could end up getting (for example) a 10% return on your money, which means that in the new season you'll have whatever your left over budget is, plus the 55 million back from your investment (50 million investment +10% = 55 million).

On the flip side, you could lose 10%, which means you'd only get 45 million back at the end of the season.

Oh ok I get it. Can I lower my investment please! 20m if thats ok.

username: jamie9456
Team: Tottenham Hotspur
Investment: 5m

User Name: nirmit11
Team: Sunderland
Investment: £10m

Looking forward to this :)

Keep signing up guys! I'm looking forward to being able to run this game for you!

At the moment I'm working on the draft list, listing all the players from the EPL first squads and pricing them up. After I've done that, we're good to go pending on the sign ups.

I hope to get 20 people in, enough to occupy every EPL team.

User Name: EduinJBL
Team:Arsenal
Investment:£0

Seems fun

looks like something different to other auction games so will give it a go :)
User Name: luke797
Team: blackpool
Investment: £50m?

9 players and it's only been up a few hours, lol!

Well, if this works out well. I hope to open the Draft today. I'm planning to run the Draft for two weeks. But if everyone is finished before then, I'll close it early and run the first transfer window!

User Name: TJD07
Team: Liverpool
Investment: 0

Sounds like it could be a fun idea :D

Finally got the Draft list typed up and priced up. Just need more players now!

We're halfway already, so this should be good to go in the next day or two!

Username: fmisawesome
Team: Wigan
Investment: 20 million
Still a little bit confused about investment mate, does this mean that I will get a 20 million transfer kitty? Looking forward to it though, sounds fun :)