Awaiting Paperwork (Spanish Nationality after 2 years at club)

Raikan007

Reaction score
Hi there, I am still waiting for Nilmar to receive his Spanish passport/papers as he has been at my club for the specified amount of time...

however, it has been pending for around 2 months or so and I have Javier Orozco as my other striker who is Non-Eu and really want to/need to register him...

please can someone give me a definate answer... thanks :)

1) should I offer him a new contract to expedite the process like a WP?

Yes, it usually takes around 3-5 months for the paperwork to come through.

thanks JK, so in essence, around 30 months? that should be stated/included in the amount of time needed to gain nationality... it makes a big difference, I have to buy another striker now....

If needed just read the real rules IRL as there are the same within in game so might give you some more help.

If the guy has "awaiting paperwork" at the beginning of the season he will most likely get his papers 2-3 weeks after the final day to register for your players. Best case is to keep the other player on your team and just let him play in pre-season and cup games to let him have some playing time. It happens to me all the team with my Spanish team and once you get your team good enough its not that big of a deal, but I feel your pain since early on it was a distraction.