Europa League Discussion Thread

Hulk barely beat him in one vs one and lescott is covering Richards very well but the result is unfair IMO

Thing is the result i'm not surprised with thus far. Porto have been pressing constantly against some very strong players and it's taking it's toll. Can only do that for so long against the players City have

Thing is the result i'm not surprised with thus far. Porto have been pressing constantly against some very strong players and it's taking it's toll. Can only do that for so long against the players City have

If it wasn't that stupid goal the team wouldn't go down as they did and now in england it will be ****** up to win xD

I'm concerned that fellow City fans/media seem to think the tie is over or at least will be comfortable. I think we've got a hard fight on our hands, and I wouldn't rate our chance of going through at more than 60/40.

Is there any Europa League football on this thursday? Pub has a curry and pint for a fiver deal on and free pool before that ;)

Did nobody watch the Athletic Bilbao game?

Cracking game of football both teams tried so hard and some fierce tackles going round

Starting to really like Athletic with there cantera policy never seen a team press so high up the pitch

Marcelo Bielsa has done a fantastic job! there team is so young aswell

Cant wait for the united match Hernandez will exploit the high line if he plays

Llorente will cause united so much trouble we are no good at defending crosses David de gea will struggle

this game will be epic

This season Europa league is by far better than champs league football!

FC Porto against Manchester City in the first leg was quite a cracking game, although towards the end Porto lost it a bit! There's been some shocks in the Champions League this year, which has resulted to giants (like Manchester United and Manchester City) going into the Europa League. I have a feeling this year's Europa League will be competitive and a great spectacle!

My bet will be on Manchester City winning the Europa League this year, they have the squad depth and quality to win it, and it seems that Roberto Mancini wants to as well! That's clearly shown with the team he played against Porto in the second leg!

- PZW

Europa league is class this year.

I've put £30 on Athletic to win because they play with so much passion even though they are not the best squad

maybe im biased because im in my 4th season with them in FM lol

ah well £400 if they do win :D

I also think man city will not win they will slip up

Athletic rocks!! I hope they will win EL this year.

Did nobody watch the Athletic Bilbao game?

Cracking game of football both teams tried so hard and some fierce tackles going round

Starting to really like Athletic with there cantera policy never seen a team press so high up the pitch

Marcelo Bielsa has done a fantastic job! there team is so young aswell

Cant wait for the united match Hernandez will exploit the high line if he plays

Llorente will cause united so much trouble we are no good at defending crosses David de gea will struggle

this game will be epic

This season Europa league is by far better than champs league football!

Man City the third best team in the world, taken out by Sporting. HA! XD
Good job for sporting and well deserved. XD

Man City the third best team in the world, taken out by Sporting. HA! XD
Good job for sporting and well deserved. XD
Its a knockout, on the right day anyone can beat anyone. Thats why Apoel are in the quarter finals...

Look as Mike says its a knockout comp anyone can beat the other on the right day.

But all credit to Bilbao, they have some fantastic young players and deserve to go through, we were well and truly beaten over 2 legs.

Bilbao looks exactly like the majority of FM players want to look their teams. I have worked in Bilbao few years ago, and the passion of the locals towards their pride - Athletic - is amazing. I also love this team. With such a play they can win the cup easily, however as it was said before - anyone can beat anyone on the right day.

Quarter-final draw:

AZ v Valencia

Schalke v Athletic Bilbao
Sporting v Metalist Kharkiv
Atletico Madrid v Hannover

Semi-final draw:

Atletico/Hannover v AZ/Valencia
Sporting/Metalist v Schalke/Athletic Bilbao

I'm hoping for a Hannover vs Athletic Bilbao final. :D