Reaction score
Hi all!

Guys, I see that many of you use “Instant Result” skin for full FM mode and blindly trust in results they get this way and believe there’s no difference between “Instant Result” and when you normally play matches… so I just want to warn you that results you get by “Instant Result” and when “Normally” play matches could be very different.

When you use “Instant Result” your assistant manager(or AI… call it whatever you want) is allowed to tweak your tactic. This tweaks cloud be more or less visible/more or less sufficient and very often you could just don’t notice them but there’s NO 100% GUARANTY that your tactic is used without changes… and we all know how even small changes cloud have significant impact.

I already made similar thread for FM14 and warned people about it because I often noticed how roles and other stuff had been changed when I used “Instant Results”.

Here’s an very visible example how it happens. You can test it by yourself and see.

You can download this save and test it for yourself -http://www.mediafire.com/download/tjpwcmfv246xy6c/INSTANT_RESULT(TEST).fm

I’m Man City and play friendly match vs Sheff Utd.

Here’s my starting eleven as you can see Toure plays Left CM( A ) and Parejo plays Right CM(S).
Instant_Result.png

1) You can use “Instant Result” and go to fixture watch how match was played and you’ll see that Toure played Right CM(S) and Parejo played Left CM( A ).

2) Now you can reload and normally play this match and you’ll see that everything is correct now and as it should be Toure plays Left CM( A ) and Parejo plays Right CM(S).

As you can see when you use “Instant Result” Toure and Parejo swap positions and when you normally play matche this doesn’t happen.

Why did such happen? AI/System/assistant manager you can call it whatever you want just decided for some reason that Toure suites better for CM(S) position than CM( A ) and made this changes.

What else AI could change in your tactic when you use Instant Result? - Everythigng if it wish so There could many other less visible changes that is hard to notice at first look but if you look harder you could notice them… but as I said there’s no 100% guaranty that your tactic was used without changes and we really don’t know how much difference between “Instant Results” and “Normal” game play. When you use “Instant Result” AI is free to tweak roles, mentality, PIs, TIs in your tactic. It doesn’t mean he always does it but he is free to do it if he want so there’s no guaranty that your tactic was used without changes.

Guys, I don’t say that you should never use “Instant Result” because it could be very useful in some cases, for example, for not important matches to speed up game process but you should understand when you normally play matches the result could be very different.

Last edited:
based on my experience using instant result skin. our manager(instant result) sometimes change the player position, but not tweak the tactic
even if we set player position properly, the game will think on his own

this will destroy tactic with filter and weird shape (specific role and attribute need to cover some area)
advantages are the tactic with most common shape flatback433 and 442

holiday/vacation is different than instant result, the assistant manager will tweak the tactic but keep the shape according to his knowledge

i have no problem with instant result since i never use filter

Last edited:
based on my experience using instant result skin. our manager(instant result) sometimes change the player position, but not tweak the tactic
even if we set player position properly, the game will think on his own
My experience shows that everything may be changed: from team’s mentality to players’ roles and only formation is constant.

I often notice how roles were changed or D-Line or passing/dribbling settings… of course you can’t say for sure that something will be changed because as my experience shows it depends on many factors such AI judgment what is best for player and for team…

As I said only God knows how matches are calculated when you use “Instant Result” but you can be sure of one thing it’s different from normal game play.

My experience shows that everything may be changed: from team’s mentality to players’ roles and only formation is constant.

I often notice how roles were changed or D-Line or passing/dribbling settings… of course you can’t say for sure that something will be changed because as my experience shows it depends on many factors such AI judgment what is best for player and for team…

As I said only God knows how matches are calculated when you use “Instant Result” but you can be sure of one thing it’s different from normal game play.

And by God, you mean SI offcourse! ;)

changing mentality during game could hard to see hmm....
need further info from instant result skin creator

changing mentality during game could hard to see hmm....

go ask SI themselves.

creating the skin is very easy its a minimal addition to the base skin xml.

EDIT : never mind i did it.

On normal FM the assistant does not tweak your tactic because instant result is for FMC and for the assistant to make any chances you would need an active match plan for this to happen, which you can't do on normal FM. So he will use your tactic and line up and will only make changes for tired/injured players nothing else. So no he does not make any tactical changes or play differently from your tactic. It will use whatever tactic you have.

And to be sure of this I just double checked with someone at SI and this is correct
http://community.sigames.com/showth...ant-result?p=10137905&viewfull=1#post10137905

Last edited:
this also happens for normal mode when against teams in the friendly, your *** man seems to change the roles around every single friendly game.

In a way this could be a good thing and you could find out a better role for a certain player.

It always has been like this… since FM13.

“Instant Result” option was designed to work with FMC(Classic mode) and I’m sure that creator of “Instant Result” skin doesn’t have any influence how this features work… he simple unlock this option for “Full” mode… that’s all.

For example… when you use “holiday” in this case vey simplified approaches uses to calculate match’s result and I always find it’s crazy… it looks like result is determined simple by average CA of the team which team has higher CA wins.

Also it looks like “Instant Result” is something between “Holidaying” and “Normal” game play. When after “Instant Result” you watch how match was played it looks close to what you see when “normally” play it but if you look closer almost always you can notice that some roles/TI’s/PIs have been tweaked.

“Instant Result” is simple alternative to “holiday” but it doesn’t provide the same result as normal game play.

I have played 1,000's of games using both instant result and playing the games normally and as far as I can tell there are no significant differences as long as you always use the "no match plan" option the results over the course of a season will be very very similar.

go ask SI themselves.

creating the skin is very easy its a minimal addition to the base skin xml.

EDIT : never mind i did it.

On normal FM the assistant does not tweak your tactic because instant result is for FMC and for the assistant to make any chances you would need an active match plan for this to happen, which you can't do on normal FM. So he will use your tactic and line up and will only make changes for tired/injured players nothing else. So no he does not make any tactical changes or play differently from your tactic. It will use whatever tactic you have.

And to be sure of this I just double checked with someone at SI and this is correct
Team instructions, match plans, and instant result

First of all, “Instant Result” has been made for FMC and officially full mode doesn’t support it… so only God knows how it works with full mode.

As I said I created similar thread for FM14 and had I a lot of clear evidence which show that players’ roles and other stuff have been changed during use of “Instant Result”

Changes in mentality, roles and similar stuff very often hardly could be visible so at OP I picked very visible example when AI swaps players positions because it think players suite better for this positions. You can reproduce it by yourself.

Less visible example such changes in roles/PIs/Tis only could be seen by very experienced players because only they are able to see difference them.

I have played 1,000's of games using both instant result and playing the games normally and as far as I can tell there are no significant differences as long as you always use the "no match plan" option the results over the course of a season will be very very similar.
Will, just look at my example at OP. You can download it and watch for yourself.

When you use “Instant Result” Toure plays as Right CM(S) instead Parejo… but Toure has “Gets Forward Whenever Possible” PPM this means that he always rush forward but in this tactic Right CM (S) is supposed hold the center of the pitch… but because of “Instant Result” I have both CMs rushing forward.

All this has strongest impact on performance… you can call it not significant ? :)

P.S. It's only one example and I chose it because it’s very visible… also there are many other but less visible tweaks… all these have stong impact on performance.

Last edited:
The roles etc you see aren't always correct because technically you are using something that isn't supported properly on any other format than FMC. So some of the things you see can be misleading.

Its not designed for it, but he (assistant) will use your tactic and line up and will only make changes for tired/injured players nothing else. So no he does not make any tactical changes or play differently from your tactic. It will use whatever tactic you have.

As and aside, as soon as a Skin is used in Sim Mode with Instant Result, it immediately has the potential to invalidate any functionality of Instant Result

The the SI moderators post after the above on 'Instant result' in the full FM.

I’m rising this stuff because many brilliant tactics could be thrown away.

For example, you spend many hours on creating the tactic, watching how your team plays and make tweak here and there and even very small tweaks could have huge importance for tactic’s performance and these small tweak could be the difference between lose and win and finally you achieve good performance and in order to speed up testing process you decide test it with “Instant Result” and you get awful result so you throw away this tactic but it was really awesome tactic and bad results you got was because AI tweaked your tactic when you used “Instant Result” … maybe those tweaks were small and you didn’t noticed them but they were the reason of bad performance.

All my experience in tactics creations shows that only one single PI could be difference between lose and win… so guys, be careful with it… ;) peace… :)

As my example at OP shows that if I didn’t know that stuff in tactic could be changed when you use “Instant Result” then my results with Man City could get worse because both CMs would rush forward in this case... but thanks I was aware about it. ;)

Last edited:
That's what I always thought. I used "Instant Result" only for friendly matches or vs very weak opponents...

When managing big teams you get bored of playing small teams like Elche as Barcelona, I instant result.

It became obvious to me long time ago because I noticed significant difference in behavior of my DLP(D) when I used "Instant Result". He behaved as BWM(D)… difference in his movement was huge. After that I never used "Instant Result" for important matches.

basically no point playing the game then, if your doin instant results

Here's my experience

I'm playing with psg and I'm using predator and monstrousv8 tactics ( they are both extremely good btw)
When I choose predator with this line-up he just swaps from predator to monstrous and plays cavani as RM moura as CAM and ibrahimovic as CF. Funny thing is cavani's a beast as right midfielder even if he's completely out of role.
View attachment 243897
edit: he also swaps lavezzi and pastore sometimes when I use monstrous
edit2: he swaps pogba with luiz and lavezzi with cavani in case moura is absent

Last edited:
I seem to get fewer injuries in friendlies using instant result. Especially true with low match fitness players. I'm sure there is a way to avoid this. Not sure what I'm doing wrong, but whatever it is, I route around it via instant result.

As for competitive matches, including the six-sub friendlies for the national team which count toward the FIFA rating, I never use Instant Result.