The Manchester United Thread

Manchester United’s U18s will celebrate their *three* trophies at half-time tonight at Old Trafford.Captain & matchgoing Red Finley McAllister says this was motivation for yesterday’s national final: “We said before, we’re not going out there [just] with two. We want three.”

Deserved. Been superb at u21 and u18s level these last 2 seasons. Easily the best GK to come through our academy by a mile!

I've said it before and I'll say it again.
The way forward for this club (on the pitch), is to move on the vast majority of the senior squad and promote the best of the best from the academy.
Then two or three years of properly scouted quality and correct additions will have us at the very least competitive.

There are too many misfits out there who will never bring this club forward.

Last edited:
Good result and performance in spells. Continued to build on what we played at Arsenal. More compact and more possession based. Amad and Amarabat have made a huge difference. Good to see some players back. Good that will be the last some of these play at OT. And happy Martial, Varane, ETH all had there names roaring out by the fans.

Bruno Fernandes: "I will be here as long as the club and manger still wants me and wants me to be part of the future."

BREAKING: Manchester United’s executive team, including Collette Roche, Jason Wilcox, Sir Dave Brailsford, Jean-Claude Blanc, Roger Bell and Sir Jim Ratcliffe, met in Monaco yesterday. The meeting was significant to finalizing key decisions and work on upcoming summer plans. #MUFC [
@Muppetiers
]

BREAKING:Manchester United are setting things up with players and agents for transfer business ahead of the summer window. They are working on things very, very fast. The club are ready to “kick things off” as soon as the season ends. #MUFC [@Muppetiers]

With Casemiro, Hannibal, Eriksen all leaving in the Summer. I would be tempted to make the Amarabat deal a perm move. With funds limited and needing cover it’s a no brainier for me at less than 10m euro.

BREAKING: Manchester United’s executive team, including Collette Roche, Jason Wilcox, Sir Dave Brailsford, Jean-Claude Blanc, Roger Bell and Sir Jim Ratcliffe, met in Monaco yesterday. The meeting was significant to finalizing key decisions and work on upcoming summer plans. #MUFC [
@Muppetiers
]

BREAKING:Manchester United are setting things up with players and agents for transfer business ahead of the summer window. They are working on things very, very fast. The club are ready to “kick things off” as soon as the season ends. #MUFC [@Muppetiers]
Why did they meet in Monaco?
It's an English football team, being partially run by an English company.
Roche is English, Wilcox is English, Brailsford is English... Need I continue?

Why are they wasting funds and jet fuel meeting in Monaco?
Wasteful c**ts.

Why did they meet in Monaco?
It's an English football team, being partially run by an English company.
Roche is English, Wilcox is English, Brailsford is English... Need I continue?

Why are they wasting funds and jet fuel meeting in Monaco?
Wasteful c**ts.
SJR lives there as does Blanc and Brailsford ( for obvious reasons💵) and one of Ineos main offices based there I guess that’s why. Also Nice were playing PSG.

Last edited:
Idc how cheap he is, I’d rather we not. He plays like he’s got cement for cleats on.
🤣🤣 he has looked like that but he’s actually not that slow and covers the ground fast. His running style is weird though. Would still be a good squad option for the 6 role and cheap. We are losing 4 CMs this summer we need to be clever in the market.

It’s scary how much the squad needs sorting out. It’s gonna be interesting to see how they manage it with low finances and many players leaving. They will need replacing.

You could say we need a GK, RB, LB, 2 CBs, DM, CM, winger, STR

Last edited:
🤣🤣 he has looked like that but he’s actually not that slow and covers the ground fast. His running style is weird though. Would still be a good squad option for the 6 role and cheap. We are losing 4 CMs this summer we need to be clever in the market.

It’s scary how much the squad needs sorting out. It’s gonna be interesting to see how they manage it with low finances and many players leaving. They will need replacing.

we need a team

That's the ideal but realistically they need a RB, 2CB (at a push they could get away with 1 if one of the youth players is promoted), a winger who can play on both sides, but the priority however, has to be a striker to share the burden with Hojlund they can't go into next season relying on hime to lead the line again.

That's the ideal but realistically they need a RB, 2CB (at a push they could get away with 1 if one of the youth players is promoted), a winger who can play on both sides, but the priority however, has to be a striker to share the burden with Hojlund they can't go into next season relying on hime to lead the line again.
Yep lots to do! If Linderlof, Evans leave with Varane. We will defo need 2. As the youth CBs after Kambwalla are all bang average. Especially at u21 level.

Just been reading that Malacia should be fit for the start of next season. Which is good. But we really have to hope they stay fit ( unlikely with Shaw ) especially with Fernandez and Williams leaving. I guess Amass could be 3rd choice if he doesn’t go out on loan.

Injury update from ETH:

Lindelof and Varane both returned to full first team training today. Likely to be in the squad for Sunday.

No bad reactions for Martinez so is ok to play.

Maguire will be fit for the final.

Shaw and Malacia start of next season.

Looks like Olise from Palace Is one of main targets this summer. After Mitten, Ornstien, Romano all reported it over night. All said we would sign a LB as a priority also. Along with Utd looking at CB, CM, STR. Then other signings like RB, Spare CM and CB would depend on sales. Which sounds about right looking at departures.

On Olise I think he would be an excellent signing and would be a big help to our STR getting some serve the way he plays. And no surprise he is a main target with both Newcastle and City looking at him last summer ( Ashworth/Berrada influence ) also the fact he’s got a release clause that’s active this summer of around £55m. With Greenwood, Sancho, Shortire, Pellistri all leaving we need another wide attacker for the RW. And those out goings would fund the move free up wages and wouldn’t effect our budget.

On other potential signings. Ramano/Mitten said Frimpong, Todibo, Tosin are all high priorities. Also Branthwaith was mentioned but depends on price. No names for STR yet or Left back but the left back signing will be a young player to be a starter for the club.