[15.X.X]Zero Sea's Athena ---- Several Tactics: 343 4411 442 Etc

i remember an old formation from you Zero Sea ,i don't remember exactly it was called fairytale from FM10 or FM11

it was like the 3-4-3 but with AML,AMR instead of STs

DC-DC-DC
----DM----
MR----CM---ML
AMR----------AML
--------ST------

is it possible to work ? what roles do you suggest for AML,AMR and ML,MR ?

AMRL are not very good for my tactics in FM05
so I don't use AMRL

Any thoughts on my previous post and how to improve the defense on 3-4-3? Zero or someone else? If anyone managed to do it let us know please, if I discover something myself I will post here.

Any thoughts on my previous post and how to improve the defense on 3-4-3? Zero or someone else? If anyone managed to do it let us know please, if I discover something myself I will post here.

If any of you are leaking goals away from home, I recommend removing 'Push Higher Up' and 'Be More Expressive'leaving you with 12 team instructions. It has been working for me

If any of you are leaking goals away from home, I recommend removing 'Push Higher Up' and 'Be More Expressive'leaving you with 12 team instructions. It has been working for me

the V3 3-4-3 has 16 T.I
the V2 3-4-3 has 14 T.I

are u working to improve your tactics now Zero Sea ? or these are the finals ?

your tactics are masterpiece
even the V1 are working very well with the 15.3

I had amazing success with 3-4-3 V1.. but now I bought FM and I started to use 3-4-3 V3 and attacking corners setup is very different here.. is it as good or better like in V1? It gave me about 30+ goals per season. Can anyone confirm "corner cheat" still works with V3?

Btw Octapous nice to hear that V1 is still strong, maybe I switch back to that. Are you scoring from corners?

Last edited:
i only use the 4-4-2
is very stable,
in game i remove the retain possession and much lower tempo if i want to play more fast

Hmm I never tried 4-4-2 or 4-4-1-1, maybe that would be much better for me ... with 3-4-3 its very easy to win the league but its not good in Europe and away against top teams, you have to outscore them if you want to win, like 5-4 or 4-3. That's what consistently kept happening to me during 5 seasons on 3-4-3 V1 but with a bit of luck you can win all competitions anyway with it. V3 is a lot worse defensively so it looks impossible, top teams away create just as many chances as I do so it makes it very difficult to win anything, even when playing top teams at home they still create too much imho which never used to happen on V1.

It's a shame that 3-4-3 isnt compatible with the other 2 formations because of fullbacks. This 3-4-3 V3 abuses the 3 strikers perfectly, the middle striker will have insane ratings just because of the huge number of key passes he will make, he doesnt even have to score goals, I got Cassano on a free and thought he was perfect for the middle striker role, he was the best player in the world 6 months later. This reminds me of Zero's 4-3-3 strategy for FM2010 where it was brutally efficient as well, on top of that the corner cheat back then worked epicly with a couple goals every single game, and the cherry on top was that it was incredibly solid defensively. It was the perfect strat, so perfect that i had to remove the corner cheat to make it more fun. So this V3 is very similar offensively, attacking corners setup is pretty average but the defense is all over the place.

What we need is a defensive 3-4-3 formation to make it compatible :)

Last edited:
Liverpool first season, I only signed Cassano on a free transfer. Results are great in the league but horrible in Europe. This tactic should not be used against top teams, I got a bit lucky a couple times against them away in the league where I barely won 5-4, 4-3 etc. I love that the entire team scores goals, doesn't matter if I play my whole B team, they will still destroy the opposition in the first half with like 5-0, and then do pretty much nothing in the second half.

In this screenshot the league was pretty much won after only 5 games cuz I beat Chelsea away and the gap was already too big, so I only focused on cup competitions after that but 3-4-3 is very bad for cups, especially Europe. Will need to try 4-4-2 or something else.

NZRecay.jpg

Last edited:
That was before the "roles". The tactic abused back arrows and there are no arrows anymore.

ok what about the formation ?
it was 3 STs? or AMR,ST,AML?

AND 3 CMs?
or ML,CM,MR ?

4-2-1-3, two DMC's and one MC. The purpose of the tactic was to be incredibly solid with defensive fullbacks and 2 defensive midfielders to protect the backline while the central ST dropped deep to receive the ball and create space for the other 2 strikers to run into, plus the insane corner cheat.