A couple of challenges to make my game a little more....well, challenging!!

Beef1987

Reaction score
Hey guys, I've been wanting to start a game with Real Madrid for ages now and since I've got all of next week.....yes, ALL of next week off work, I figured now is the best time to start it.

But this is where you guys come in......It is obvious to most that playing with Real Madrid is possibly one of the easiest games you can play on FM, which is why I want y'all to come up with a couple of challenges (e.g only sign spanish players) that would make my game with the mighty Real Madrid a little more of a challenge !!

So get your thinking caps on guys :D and thanks for the replies!!

only buy spanish players and sell all players that aren't spanish

i.e. cristiano ronaldo

Sell Ronaldo , Benzema , Casillas and Ramos.

Then spend a maximum of £20M to replace them.

Only can have players under 23? sell all older players and play with a young squad!

only buy spanish players and sell all players that aren't spanish

i.e. cristiano ronaldo

also if a club does not buy them or if he rejects the club before the end of the transfer window you must release them or offer them for 0 mill

Only allowed a player for 3 years max so you can't just keep the same team and win everything! :D

Also, no using FM Base to find out what players to buy. Only use scouting and no finding players that you've heard of on FM Base with the search bar. :)

Only allowed a player for 3 years max so you can't just keep the same team and win everything! :D

Also, no using FM Base to find out what players to buy. Only use scouting and no finding players that you've heard of on FM Base with the search bar. :)

^^ I'm liking this idea Saint Bantam ;)

Not to sure about only signing Spanish players though, it may make the game a little boring as I like to go searching the lesser known leagues for youngsters and this would restrict my ability to do that.

I had a couple of ideas spring to mind whilst walking around ASDA (of all places lol)

What do you think about having a maximum buy price?? Like for example, I'm not allowed to spend over £10mil on a player....

...Or, I'm only allowed to make 2 signings a season + I have to at least equal the money I spent on the 2 players by selling players (if that makes sense)

Would like to see someone instead of buying under-23 players,only buying 30+ players,so you have to keep renewing your team.

Also lucky you on having a week off.

can only buy players in your first season, from then on no more signings, you only develop players through your youth system
also set yourself a limit in the first season, either amount of players you can buy or the money you can spend

Have to make a certai namount aof profit every season, eg £10m \ £20m + (I don't know what would be a reasonable amount), but enough so that you have to be tight on wages and sell players where necessary. The only signing over 30's suggestion sounds interesting!

Have to make a certai namount aof profit every season, eg £10m \ £20m + (I don't know what would be a reasonable amount), but enough so that you have to be tight on wages and sell players where necessary. The only signing over 30's suggestion sounds interesting!

It would far too easy to make a profit with Real Madrid due to merchandise sales , TV deals etc.
Even if you spent £30M on players , you'd make a profit.

How about you cant buy anybody you have to sign free agents only.

i was about to say only buy free agents but kerlin219 beat me to it :(

Can't spend more than £20M a season

Get rid of all non Spanish players

Buy only Spanish players

Must play at least 3 under 23's in your starting lineup or squad

I got a challenge. Sell Ronaldo for £80million or more.

But seriously, Have only 3 players above the age of 23, everyone else over the age of 23 has to be sold.
You are also ONLY allowed to sign 2 players that are 17 or under a season. Not including your youth players.

Last edited: