August

Fixtures
View attachment 15956
All started well leading Rangers in the 93rd minute when Alex Cicaldau grabbed a dramatic equalizer for our old rivals. That result awoke us and our 4 August games in the Leagu seen us thrash Livingston, Dundee and Hearts after putting 8 past Inverness

SPL
View attachment 15955
Early days but Celtic are perfect,91st minute winner for them last time out. Good starts for St Johnstone & Raith. 9 Games for Edinbugh teams no wins!

European Super Cup
PSG 2-1 Aberdeen
View attachment 15954
Less exciting news from our Super Cup final as Aberdeens perfect record in the competition is over. We actually led thanks to our big game man Lewis Morgan. PSG sneaked a tactical change on us and with players moving around and Pogba going AMC he would set up Neymar who took us to extra time. A red card for Ubeda almost from the kick off made our challenge even rougher and we were now playing for penaltys till the 107th minute when Mbappe won the game and the trophy.

Champions League Groups
View attachment 15953
Dont laugh but we were the 1 seeds! Just getting 3rd spot would be a massive achievement.

Betfred Cup Quarter Final
St Johnstone 5-0 Aberdeen
View attachment 15952
Never in my life have i seen a more ridiculous set up!
We could only choose from 5 First team players, 3 u18 starters and then 3 u18s that make up the numbers for the u18s. Amazingly we were only 1 behind at the half hour mark but then the ref went bannanas sending off Scullion in the 29th Morales in the 37th minute. 1 down with 9 men and 55 minutes to play we were screwed utterly screwed going into the break. That became 8 men in the 63rd then in the last 10 minutes St Johnstone scored 3 as the remaining players totally collapsed. Im utterly furious this match wasnt called off.

And the poor players that were carted out in the most makeshift team your likely to see payed the fans back costing themselves over £40k. Never seen that before

View attachment 15951

Transfer Window

Aberdeen
We lost a 3rd starting defender from last season, Guilherme Arana after 65 games is off after Barcelona met his £24m buy out clause. thats another £20m profit towards the new stadium.

In
We have two possible long term replacements for him in the purchases. Arraial & Ogbodo are left backs. Neil Armstrong is the 2nd best centerback in any British national u21s team and was 1/10th the cost of the best one who Newcastle would not shift from £81m for.

View attachment 15950View attachment 15949View attachment 15948

SPL Transfers
View attachment 15947
Who would have thought Raith Rovers would be the big spending side in the SPL this window? Anyone that seen tycoon Kieran Munn had taken over the club after there promotion two summers ago. £1.4m last season and over £3m net spend for my old sidekick Barry Robson. I hope they keep spending and become the 3rd force in the league.

September

I'm really struggling to keep going with FM19. Gave this save a break to try another challenge i've wanted to do. Taking over a lost club, Sheff Weds with 5 points and 5 goals in November miles adrift at the bottom and by new year we were mid table so im back in Aberdeen to try once more.

Fixtures
View attachment 13724
4 games without a win, 4 games without a goal. Two of these games were with Roma and a trip to Parkhead but after our worst run under my tenureship we got back to better days with wins at Motherwell & finally a Champions League win at home to Leverkusen.

SPL Table
Celtic are perfect and are already miles clear as we keep up our dodgy form from the end of last season. 7 Points back after 8 games is ominous! At least we've started better than Rangers.

Champions League
View attachment 13723
Its already looking like we might have to fight Leverkusen for that 3rd spot.

Last edited:

October

We're Back!!!!
After a few months away from the game i have sort of found my love for the game. Tried about a dozen saves but just couldnt get into anything else so had one last desperate stab at this save and it did the trick!

Fixtures
attachment.php

We return with a underwhelming performance at St Johnstone to go into the much needed international break. We came back and hit 7 past Inverness and to top it off Joveljic scored 4 times which is double his whole season total before this game. Raith, Rangers & Dundee all get beaten without much hassle although Rangers only fell apart in a 10 minute spell towards the end of the game.

SPL Table
attachment.php

The gap at the top is down to 4 points but that's only thanks to us winning our game in hand so no real change. Rangers still not caught St Mirren.

Champions League
attachment.php

With the Champions League spot on the line we throw up the biggest result of the season thrashing Arsenal 3-0! We had the return trip to the Emirates where we took the lead going to half time but Arsenal pulled it level and neither of us could find a winner.

Well its as close as you could be! Anyone can finish, anywhere!

End of the first half of 2022
Covering November, December and the last Champions League game in January

World Cup Final
England 1-2 Uruguay
Diego Rolan scores twice to win 3rd World cup for Uruguay
attachment.php

The contrast in these two teams run to the final could not have been much different. England had the group of death, then Brazil, Belgium & Italy to reach the final. Uruguay had the jackpot group with Qatar, Honduras and Ghana before knock out games again the world powers of Paraguay & Congo. They did beat France to be fair but only after penaltys.

Fixtures
attachment.php

We used the two months to turn ur first profits since August which was the best news, topped off by winning every game against good and great teams.

SPL Table
attachment.php

Celtic dropped there first points of the season in there final game of 2022, a draw at Hibs. We also won our two SPL games by huge margins and 9 different scorers taking the gap down to 5 assuming Celtic win there game in hand. Rangers climb back to 3rd but are in a different battle for now at least.

Europe

Group A
attachment.php

Anyone care to find a more dramatic ending that this? We led the deciding game and lost the lead 3 times in the first half before getting to a "safe" 4-2 lead. Leverkusen scored twice in 2 minutes around the hour to get back into what was for them a must win game once Phil Foden gave Arsenal the lead. Our savour was to be Allan Campbell who's second of the game and our fifth proved to be the decider. Yannik Carrasco leveled it all and made for a rough last 10 minutes, 15 with stoppage time but inn the end we did enough, JUST

Last 16
Aberdeen vs Dortmund
attachment.php

Well a decent draw on the face of it! Looks at there group, the finished ahead of Man City and knocked out Barcelona!

Celtic and Rangers make the last 32 of the Europa League. Celtic dropping out of there Champions League group making it another good year for the coefficient points although both will do well to reach the last 16.

attachment.php

Any idea why the pictures are now appearing at the bottom like this?

It's been happening on here for months now and is doing my head in! Have no idea how to stop it from happening

I think the site has been a big contributor to the storys section downfall. If your not streaming and screaming at the screen they dont care!

I think the site has been a big contributor to the storys section downfall. If your not streaming and screaming at the screen they dont care!

Yeah definitely, I've only started being active in the last 18 months on the site but it does seem a shame how there's very little activity compared to a few years back when people were getting 500,000+ views on a story.

Obviously youtube/twitch is partially the reason for that but there has been some bizarre changes to the site for FM19 like extending the amount of info that is on each page (which makes the loading time ridiculously long) and even things like how you can no longer see how many likes a story has or no longer see which users are currently viewing the story etc. Then all of a sudden this problem with uploading images happens without any warning or explanation, it's like they're trying to discourage people from the site!

Yeah definitely, I've only started being active in the last 18 months on the site but it does seem a shame how there's very little activity compared to a few years back when people were getting 500,000+ views on a story.

Obviously youtube/twitch is partially the reason for that but there has been some bizarre changes to the site for FM19 like extending the amount of info that is on each page (which makes the loading time ridiculously long) and even things like how you can no longer see how many likes a story has or no longer see which users are currently viewing the story etc. Then all of a sudden this problem with uploading images happens without any warning or explanation, it's like they're trying to discourage people from the site!

I couldnt have put it better myself. Word for word your on the money.

January

If we were not the top club in Scotland before we sure are now!

Despite Celtic winning the first silverware of the season

League Cup Final
Celtic 4-1 St Johnstone
attachment.php

It was a contest till St Johnstone went down to 10 men at halftime.

Fixtures
attachment.php

Our back up team beat St Mirren despite a few scares before the big one with a win over Celtic secured by our wonderkid Scott O'Neil who i pray is going to sign a new deal. St Johnstone was the last time i had to worry as we ran over Raith, Alloa, Motherwell and Hibs by 4 or more goals despite changing the squad around with transfers, resting players ect.

SPL Table
attachment.php

Even if Celtic win there two games in hand we have a 3 point lead at the top. Rangers still have the two Saints on there tails and are only 7 point from being in the bottom half. Anyone in the bottom 4 could end up going down. Unthinkable that Hearts would only win 2 games from 22!

Transfer Window
attachment.php

Our busiest January in a long time with big signing including my biggest overpay on a player in many years.

In

Gavin Strachan - GK
attachment.php

Imanol Martin had a buy back clause and returned to Bilbao so with just a few days notice i needed a keeper and quick. Strachan has till the end of the season to prove himself as i have a man lines up for the summer if he doesnt work out. Might buy him even if he does. Back to the man though and he is in my eyes Scotlands next No1. He's got 4 caps and is only just turned 20! Stats are not out of the ball park but is a baby in goalkeepers years and perhaps the premium price will be justified as he came from our biggest rivals and fills up one of my 8 mandatory "British" spots at the club required by brexit. On the side note Strachan's have brought great days to Pittodrie in the past. Can he copy old Gordon?

Diogo - DL
attachment.php

Brazilian wing backs. Is there anything more eye catching? Diogo is already a regular at Botafogo and is making strides in the u21s scoring in there most recent u20 game! My lack of Conviction of Patrick Ogbodo got this deal over the line as i paid the minimum release clause to secure him having lost Ochoa Diogo is a fare higher rated prospect at half the price.

Alejandro Escobar - MR
attachment.php

As the window came to a close i decided to see if there was any players not signed that i could use now by signing a pre contract deal then paying a pennies to get the deal done now. Escobar hit the nail on the head and totally makes up for loosing Ocampo.

Youth
Lane & Stian Jonvik were bought months ago in real life, totally forgot them so u18s for them for now.
attachment.php
attachment.php

Out
Buy out clause failure 1 Imanol Martin, failure 2 Brian Ocampo! It seems at one point i was so desperate to buy in youth that i would put in buy back clauses and i'd forgot to redo the contracts. This has cost me two starting players where my depth is minimal and the £41.5m i get back for them will only be proven with time as to whether it was disastrous mistakes. I've less guilty towards Martin going back to Bilbao with there limits on signings.
I had no plans to sell Ismael Ochoa but with 4 clubs coming in with offers over £20m for a back up who barley got a game before i lost Arana in the summer. Best of all he chose the team that made the biggest bid. Atletico
As for Felipe Ubenda i simply need to clear out some center backs we had 7 in the full squad, out on loan or in the u18s that could start for me. Ubeda was the most valuable of the lot and £17m for a overfilled position is great for me. Hopefully i can build up a few more values and sell though a few more in the summer.
Our final sales come from the u18s. Frederico fell into the CB dilemma and Trumpy only managed 1 subs appearance in 4 years at the club so i had to laugh when Juventus offered cash money for him.

SPL Transfers
attachment.php

With these transfers Celtic overtook us as the leagues most valuable club despite our final day give away.
£447m vs £445m

February

Player rotation brings the SPL results back to a more reasonable level, unless your Hearts or Caley.

Fixtures
attachment.php

We started off with a 1-0 win at home to Rangers. We played a strong team unlike the Dundee match a few days later. Our toughest tie in Scotland was the cup game at Parkhead which was not as close as it looks. A pile of youth players made the 101 mile trip to Inverness for our biggest away win. We continued our run against struggling teams with win at Livingston & Hearts setting us up for the second leg of the Champions League last 16 game.

SPL Table
attachment.php

Were finally level on 26 games and its still only 3 points between us and Celtic with a match between us in March. St Mirren move clear of Rangers in 3rd. The bottom 3 become the bottom 4.

Champions League last 16
Dortmund 2-7 Aberdeen
attachment.php

We sneaked a win at pittodrie before going full scale England 2001! We were missing 5 starting players with injurys making this even more amazing a result.

Quarter Final draw
attachment.php

March

We suffer our first defeat since returning to the save repeating the criminal act again before the end of the month.

Fixtures
attachment.php

Fresh from the Dortmund game we made huge changes since we beat Caley 7-0 two weeks earlier i didnt suspect a similar team would loose a cup game so soon after but we did. No treble this year then, probably not even a double. Routine wins against St Mirren & St Johnstone was a massive top of the table clash with Celtic at Parkhead which we won. It was tied at half time but soon after Herrero came up for a free kick a nodded us back into the lead and with 15 minutes to go we got a dodgy penalty which Joveljic stuck away to secure the win. Sadly our final game of the month wiped out the value of this win as my best 11 lost at Easter road!

SPL Table
attachment.php

8 games to go and the gap is still 3 points. After regular dropping of points i will now stick to my best 11 with the league title on the line and a vital Champions League Quarter Final on the door step. Elsewhere Rangers are down to 5TH!!!!!! Safe in the top 6 but Stevie g has to get the sack this time! Bottom 4 not changing, Could be a 4 way fight to the wire.

Youth Intake
attachment.php

attachment.php

He might not be the second coming of Gibson but for the second time in my newgen life i've got a generational player called Alan Granger. He is Aberdeens youngest ever player at 15 years and 185 games and on the day of his debut he was man of the match! This alone will make me keep going to see if my Grangier or Klippys Gibson wins the most golden balls! The keeper was the only other decent player in the intake.

attachment.php

April
Mostly

I ended this months review prematurely as the games landed perfectly for the season to be decided in a week.

Fixtures
attachment.php

3 games and the fatigue strikes again as we die on our ****! 2 goals clear with 2 minutes to go and Hibs managed to get back level and steal a point! Routine wins against Motherwell & Raith but still the fears of thrown away title in the past rears it head here.

SPL Table
attachment.php

Only 1 point and 33 goals split us and Celtic as we go into the split. All to play for and of course our match is next, more on that later! Rangers stride back into 3rd but it is really for any of the top 6 could take 3rd. Bottom half looks like 2 win Livingston are on the way down or at worst playoff. Hearts, Dundee & Motherwell still in major danger.

Champions League
Quarter Final

1st leg
Man City 1-0 Aberdeen
attachment.php

We stood toe to toe with the worlds biggest & richest clubs who took 84 minutes to break down our defense and take a goal lead to Pittodrie next week.

2nd Leg
Aberdeen 4-2 Man City
Aberdeen win 4-3 on AGG
attachment.php

7 minutes in and the tie was toast. Eden Hazard had already scored twice and we were now 3 goals, 2 away behind City. They hurt us but didnt kill us! 10 minutes later our comeback began with Alex Nedelea getting a quickfire double and we were alive and well when Morales put us ahead on the night and level right on half time. Despite a few worrying moments we stuck with it and as seems to be the case in evey big game this season Scott O'Neill fresh from a 5 year deal scored the goal that amazingly takes us into the semi finals!

Semi Draw
Aberdeen vs Atletico
attachment.php

We get the only side left in the draw i like! The two games with Madrid will be split by a probable title deciding game at Parkhead. Who sets these ******* fixtures, like real life must be some **** in Glasgow!

The Big 3 Games!

Title decider with Celtic and the Champions League semi final

SPL
Celtic 0-3 Aberdeen
attachment.php

Well its not really a decider but whoever wins is in pole position and since we win we go 4 points and a heap of goals clear meaning we can afford to loose a game and still loose one of our final games and win the league!

attachment.php

Champions League Semi Finals

1st leg
Aberdeen 0-1 Atletico
attachment.php

We had the better of the Spanish side but the only goal came from Antonio Griezmann halfway through the first half. Im amazed given our recent run that we didnt manage to score! We've been here before though. Hopefully we can stage another 2nd leg come back

2nd Leg
Atletico 2-0 Aberdeen
Atletico win 3-0 on AGG
attachment.php

The first half was the end of our dream trip to a final at the Johan Cruijff arena. Still this was an amazing run that went beyond all expectations. Maybe we're closer to be being a massive team than i thought!

The only thing that makes this tolerable is that Liverpool got utterly smashed in the other semi final.
attachment.php

Rest of the Season
attachment.php

Thankfully we won the rest of our SPL games to secure a second title. Thrashing Rangers 4-1 to do so was the icing on the cake.

END OF SEASON 3

SPL - Winner
Scottish Cup - Quarter Finals
League Cup - Quarter Finals
Europe - Champions League Semi Final

With the clear out we had combined with brexit left us really short in depth with the u18s. We've gone from a stud in every position to 2/3 players good enough for the 1st team and that really cost us in the cups where we came up massively short. More work on the 25 is required with the u18s becoming mega hard to recruit, The price of u20 British kids is ridiculous. I'm getting quoted £60m+ then an agreed price is over £30m which is clearly never going to happen.

Final SPL Table
attachment.php

102 points is the highest total of any team in the save and tied Celtics 2nd highest points total of all time record from 2001/2. Dejan Jovljic became our first ever golden boot winner hitting 30 goals as he finally found his feet and stayed fit all season. It wasnt all our way Celtic were right on our tail once we got in the lead. The best fight of the season was for 3rd. Sadly Rangers nicked it and the final Champions League spot on the final day finishing ahead of St Mirren by 8 goal. Hibs, St Johnstone & Inverness were right up there as the top 7 are in a different league at this stage. Raith are clear of the bottom 3 which in the end became a clear bottom 2. Livingston were the worst team and deserved bottom spot. Hearts demise has been slow but clear. Looking back they had one top half finish and have been the bottom half the rest of the time but this season they have been sunk at the bottom and its amazing they get into the playoffs with only 4 wins! Hamilton take Livingstons place

Morton thrashed Hearts to take them out of the SPL
attachment.php

Champions League Final
Real Madrid 3-2 Atletico
attachment.php

Dons Squad
attachment.php

attachment.php

My star of the season is right back Subocinski. Down as a wonderkid he and Berthelsen are ready going to war for the right back spot next season. In other words i hope someone bids a huge amount and takes away my challenge. Scott O'Neil is now tied till 2030 with the extension. Up front having looked back i've seen a huge improvement with 3 guys able to do a job on all levels. Joveljic becomes a superstar who i hope stays to challenge Larsson's goals in a season record. Escobar has come in and been a instant score on the right wing with top quality Wing backs behind you how can it go wrong? My only problems now is over staffing at DC & MC. Out of the lot of them Alan Granger is the only one locked into a first team spot while the rest can fight among themselves. Some will go!

Season 6
Record transfers everywhere as we try to take the next step

SPFL Pre Season Prices
attachment.php

We are now slight favorites for the first time. Celtic have only 3 outfield players, all midfielders in the media dream team. Rangers, Hibs and St Mirrens odds are stupid!

Season Targets
SPL - Win League
Champions League - Knockout phase CL or EL
Scottish Cup - Win
League Cup - Win

Now we have another title its time to take a step forward domestically. We sucked in both cups last year and this time nothing less than the treble will do. Not going nuts about Champions League wins yet. I'd still consider making the knockouts as an achievement.

Friendly's
attachment.php

We drew one won the other 5. Not good enough!

Transfers

Our biggest window ever! For the second transfer window in a row i broke the club and national transfer record and between record the clubs highest sale twice as well as the nations highest transfer fee

In

George Armstrong - DC *Scottish record £38.5m
attachment.php

Of all the u21 British defenders non rates higher than Armstrong and it does seem that £38m is a massive overpay its just the Brexit world in this game. And if you think thats a lot of cash the only reason i got him was due to Newcastle predictably getting relegated and his relegation fee kicked in. In January i couldnt even get negotiations under £60m! Astonishingly he's not in my plans yet and due to our depth at center back i've loaned him out for his first season!

Marcelo Maia - ATT
attachment.php

I had Maia tapped up in January as i was expecting to loose one of my 3 star strikers and the loaned players were not good enough to make a impact. He'll start up to with king Dejan

Rogelinho - GK
attachment.php

Like Maia i targeted the long term Brazilian U21 No1 in January but could not get him to sign a deal having just moved to Mineiro. I rate him higher than Strachan but for the first 6 months they can share the no1 jersey

Kids
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Only 3 this summer. Djurovic could become a top class player. I searched through a few of my usual filters and nobody has ever appeared as oftern as Djurovic. Julian Lopez will see more first team action than i had planned due to some unplanned sales. And Stojanovic was bought about 2 seasons ago but could only move now.

Out
Phase 2 of the squad clear out seen 8 players leave, 4 planned 4 unplanned but all of the 4 unplanned are far from disasters

Alexandru Nedelea broke every Scottish transfer record in a £59m move to Real Madrid. With our depth i was hoping to see a £30m+ bid for him but out of nowhere Real arrived with the first bid and i accepted. He never scored as much as i thought he would but his ave rating was through the roof. More of a strain to sell was Mario Sanz. He came from Bilbao in 2019 as the long term star of my midfield and developed really well. sadly he became the victim of space, being from Europe and a fantastic offer from Spurs. £30m was the highest fee i ever received in this save, that lasted almost 2 weeks. He leaves after over 140 games for the dons. McBurney i pray will be the very last time a minimum fee sings me in the ***. He was finally coming back to Aberdeen to have a defense built around him when Dortmund challenge his pittence of a minimum fee, his value as almost trebled already. Following this i checked every major players contract for min fees and now i hope the only ones left are players i'd be happy to see move on for the price in there contracts. Filip Krejci was the last player i had not planned to sell that left and amazingly to Celtic! He was in the final 12 months of his contract and the only reason i'd agree to move him to a rival is if they pay far more than the rest. Celtic did and that is that. The 4 planned moves Veiga, Gustafsson, Rasic and Murray failed to make an impact or were at an age where they had no chance of breaking into the main 25 man squad. Well except Gustafsson he was a **** bag from the moment he signed on the dotted line.

SPL Transfer
attachment.php

Celtic only make 1 major signing after Krejcl. Rangers make two very smart signing that would make me jelous. Almost

Aberdeen Starting x1
attachment.php

attachment.php

Youth and loan players for the future.
attachment.php

August

Fixtures
attachment.php

We start the season full guns blazing scoring at least 4 goals a game, including beating Celtic before putting 10 past Hamilton

Including the club and leagues biggest win removing the 9-0 Celtic win from the history books
attachment.php

SPL Table
attachment.php

We end August with a +22 goal difference while Rangers make a great start.

Champions League Draw
attachment.php

Inter should be challenging for top spot but not a bad draw!

August Transfers
attachment.php

Raith remember there well off as Hearts squad implode without top flight football.

September

Fixtures
attachment.php

5 big wins and amazingly a draw at Pittodrie against Hibs, our first dropped points of the season. Were through in the Betfred cup too as we beat Dundee 5-0 in back to back games.

SPL Table
attachment.php

Celtic drop points all over the place and Rangers great start falls on its are with a 7-1 defeat at Parkhead.

Champions League
attachment.php

Inter make a statement, while we go huge in our must win match. My feeling was that if we got a result away to Hoffenheim we were on our way to going through! This was on another level.

October

5 Games 5 wins.

Fixtures
attachment.php

We only played 2 games in the League scoring 5 goals in both games. We're also in the League cup final after a 3-0 win.

SPL Table
attachment.php

We go 9 points clear of the old firm tie for 2nd with Hibs right on there tails.

Champions League
attachment.php

Inter did there best to gift us a spot in the last 16. If we beat Red Star in Serbia we'll be a point away from the last 16, whatever the result in the other game.