Aberdeen Save 2022

May

Fixtures
Fix.png

Aberdeen completed another unbeatable season in the league. That St Mirren draw really stings.Record Wins, Goals and points

SPL
SPL.png

Motherwell survives, For now. The +7 goal difference they had on Dundee was enough to see them finally avoid the bottom spot

Ridiculous amount of records
Record 1.png
Record 2.png
Record 3.png
Record 4.png
Record 5.png
Record 6.png

Scottish Cup Final
Celtic 2-1 Aberdeen AET
Scottish Cup Final.png

Domestic Match 47 of the season. Defeat no1

The treble was in our hands going into the Scottish Cup final but Celtic had the legs on us all day from the moment Lee Black scored in the open minute and we only got level through a penalty. In Extra time Celtic got the winning goal they deserved to end a deluge of records

- 1st domestic defeat of the season
- 34 Scottish Cup Matches without losing. January 2033 (6 years)

Champions League Semi-Finals

1st Leg
Real Madrid 1-1 Aberdeen
Cl1.png

We made a dream start with our own goal from the left-back Sean Allen who we sold about 10 years ago. Real was in charge of the game and deservedly got the draw in stoppage time and will have something to bring back to Aberdeen next week

2nd Leg
Aberdeen 1-0 Real Madrid
CL 2.png

A real fight of a game which was settled by the goalscoring machine MacIver

Cl Draw.png

His goal sets up a repeat of the final 2 seasons ago as Man Utd beat Barcelona with a 121s minute-winner from Hannibal after scoring a 90-minute goal to force extra time

Champions League Final 2039

From Estadio Metropolitano
stadium pic.jpg

Man Utd vs Aberdeen

Both teams are back in the final for the 2nd time in 3 seasons after both teams had early knockout round defeats last season.
Despite their 2nd Champions League final in 3 years Man Utd have only a single top-2 finish in the whole save, in 2028/29

Man Utd 0-2 Aberdeen
CL FInal.png

Aberdeen secured a 3rd Champions League win and returned to the top of the game. We had 3 starting players missing from injury and I was fairly worried after our past few games. The match was dead even before winger Kenan Guner opened the scoring. We lost our final midfielder Singh before the hour leaving us with 2 CBs by trade in the middle of the park. Gochev made it two just before Man Utd missed a penalty leaving us to shut up shop with my final subs and came home with the trophy.​

Nations League Finals 2039

By winning the Nations League group over the Dutch world champions we qualify for the semi-finals

Semi-Finals
Scotland 2-0 Spain
SF.png

The red card helped us but we already had already taken the lead. MacIver secured our stunning trip to the final against France

Final
Scotland 2-1 France
Final.png

The 2002 Keiran Cup finally has a competitive in the trophy cabinet as Scotland won by far their biggest title ever.
We again took the lead in a close match and when France also went down to 10 men i started to dream, but not for long as we got to the last 5 minutes France equalised. That would have been a thrilling enough ending on its own however wait till you see this story

37 year old Nathan Patterson. Playing his 160th cap for Scotland, and the final game of his entire career scored the championship-winning goal with the final touch of his 20-year career

PAterson.png

End of Season 17

Quickly i fully intend to keep this save going as i am still enjoying the save and don't really have a desire to buy FM24 since their announcement of the game was mostly about how 2025 would be a big upgrade. I usually give in by December and get the new game but in no rush to leave the best Aberdeen & Scotland save I've ever had

SPL - Winner
SPL.png

Our best season ever. Record wins, Goals, and points. Struggling to cope with one draw to St Mirren. Rangers collapsed and Celtic waltzed to 2nd place. Dundee Utd will make their first trip to the Champions League since 1983/84. That could get ugly. Europa League places go to St Mirren & Hibs while Ross County returns to the Conference league. At the other end, Dundee finished the bottom in their 2nd season in the league former SPL regular St Johnstone will replace them. Motherwell will go into the playoff. How close was that bottom 4.

Playoffs
Motherwell 0-1 Queens Park
SPL Playoff.png

So Motherwell's survival party lasted a few weeks before former Motherwell, and former Dons u19 player left-back Kevin Brand scored the goal that relegated them and then he was released on a free. A nice recovery from Queens Park who i thought could be in big trouble after relegation so nice to see them recover.

Managers
SPL Managers.png

Three of the bottom 4 replaced their manager but the big story was Hibs paying up to get Ross County's manager which ended up with the two most disappointing teams of the seasons swapping managers. Will either get back into the top 6 next season.

In Europe
Celtic had a solid run to the Champions League last 16 losing to Barcelona
Hibs lost their Champions League qualifier but that resulted in a fantastic Europa League run to the Semifinals where Chelsea destroyed them 5-1 on aggregate.. They also lost their last 7 games in a row to end the year after paying Ross County for their manager.
Rangers disappointed in the Europa League going out on penalties to Anderlecht after 180 goalless minutes
Ross County's Europa League run got them to the Last 32
Ayr Utd's first European campaign ever ends in the qualifying rounds

Champions League Final
Man Utd 0-2 Aberdeen

For the 2nd time in the save, we go 3 years without an English winner.

Squad Review

Goalkeeper
Squad GK.png

No change from the last season. Still waiting to see a team come in with a bid for Dussart as my backups are now good enough to get into the backup role.

Defense
Squad Def.png

I did not realise how many defenders i played this season. This is the best core of 4 starters and 4 subs i have had in the save by a long way. It's not going to last either as long-serving goal-fearing wing-back Owen Munro demanded a move and he'll be leaving to join the side we just beat in the Champions League final. On the other side, 5* potential Allan Bruyere will be giving captain De Falco real fears about his job long term. At center back, Bradley Cummings & Jean Niedermann continue to star at the back. No competition here.

Midfield
Squad Mid.png

Martinez, Singh, and Alvarez do a fine job of switching the starting spots between the 3 and Reis proves to be a bargain as the 4th man. On the right wing, Urko Goni is going into a contract year and at 30 years old. Will i be brave enough to move on from him? Kenan Guner has the left wing on lockdown since Jean Roudaut decided he wanted to move to a team that would play him more, Good luck getting more than 40 games a year pal! SO potential for big changes on both wings next season.

Attack
Squad Att.png

Andy MacIver had the best season any Dons player has had. Top scorer in the SPL & Champions League. Neil Brock came back from a loan to cover Bavidge's latest injury in the first half of the season before demanding a move in January. Bayern stumped up the money but i had already bought his replacement for a 10th of the price so was happy to let him rot on the bench in the 2nd half of the season. Gochev is firmly the no2 striker now that 33-year-old Bavidge missed another 3 months with injuries. Going to be very hard to start him next season. 4 Youngsters contributed with Cuellar looking like a great buy. A few coming back from loan to review for next year's squad too.

Players for life

Bradley Cummings - DC

P431 G23
Star Cummings.png

Continues to lead the defense for club & country.

Owen Munro - DL
P359 G1
Star munro.png

As mentioned above this is where Munro's 10-year stay at Aberdeen ended. I had no plans to move him on but came to me multiple times in the season requesting a move so his chance to get back in the starting 11 ended.

Alfie Bavidge - ATT
P783 G588
Star Bavidge.png

My star man's later career is zig-zagging between an injury-riddled season and goal game season. Really hope he gets back to his goal a game season but at 33 he's running out of chances.

Andy MacIver - ATT
P186 G152
MAci.png

MacIver took an incredible jump from being one of the top players in my attack to one of the best in the world at 20 years old.

Rankings

Club Ranking - 2nd
Rank teams.png

The Champions League points secure our stay in 2nd spot. Can we start dreaming of 1st?

National League - 4th
League rank.png

We keep 4th place but next year will be a big test with our awful 35/36 season total of 10,000 less than Portugals

National Team ranking - 12th
Ranking internation.png

We dropped from our record-high 11th and have a chance to move back up in the summer games.

Awards

Player of the Year

Andy MacIver
Award player of the year.png

Young Player of the Year
Andy MacIver
Award young player.png

Hatrick

Top Scorer
Andy MacIver
Award top scorer.png

Team of the Year
Award team of the year.png

8 players after the most dominant season ever. This will forever upset me.​

Season 18
Aberdeen 2039

We return from our 3rd Champions League win but no domestic treble. The squad will be stable once again so the treble for the first time in 3 seasons.

Squad
It was a real struggle to get the squad down to under the 25-man limit. The squad is slightly imbalanced with the lack of depth at DC and MR

Goalkeepers
Squad GK.png

No change Ajayi will be no1 and Dussart is the cup keeper. Had 2 offers accepted but he chose to stay.

Defense
Squad Def.png

The starting back four is the same as for the 3rd season in a row. Backups are all changed however

Midfield
Squad Mid.png

Our 1st change to the starting team is Slav Tuakov being promoted to the starting team. A deluge of MCs with 5* potential on the bench.

Strikers
Squad Att.png

A bit of a shuffle up front. MacIver obviously starts but it's going to be a rotating cast alongside him to start the season. I can't choose a starter between Consigli & Cuellar but Bavidge now at 33 took his first big hit in ability missing time with Injurys and will be a backup going forward. I think. Easier to say than to do

Transfer Window

SPL
Transfers SPL 1.png
Transfers SPL 2.png

Celtic, Rangers & Hibs all add new players while turning a transfer profit

Aberdeen

In
Dons in 1.png
Dons in 2.png

Another summer of kids. Nobody joins the 1st team today Lutfi Riyadi is joining next season but I'm already regretting not taking him now.
Dons in lufti.png

Youth
Dons youth 1.png
Dons youth 2.png
Dons youth 3.png
Dons youth 4.png
Dons youth 5.png
Dons youth 6.png
Dons youth 7.png

Out
dons Out 1.png
dons Out 2.png

A far bigger selling summer than last season. Usually doing this after a Champions League win ends badly.
The biggest 3 sales were players i had envisioned being stars in the 1st team but aside from Neil Brock they never did a stand-out job for me.
Bigger disappointments were Roger Lopez and despite a good season last year Jean Roudaut. I didn't plan to sell Konstadin Gochev but the offer was too big and we had a bit too much depth up front. Shame i wasted half the money to make an even bigger striker crisis next summer. Long-term Don Owen Munro wanted a new challenge just as he was away to get a 2nd chance at starting in a year's time.
One of the stars of our last 2 Champions League wins Urko Goni was in the last year of his deal and wanted to join Real Madrid at just that point i was ready to give Tuakov more playing time. The final sale from the first team was Rory Baxter. Always held a grudge for not taking Scottish nationality and hardly improved on the solid backup he was. Happy for him to take Watford's investment in Don's products to almost 100m

Tom Wolf Magnus Slothuus, and Anton Kearney all never advanced to the first team.​

August

Fixtures
Fix.png

We had a +16 goal difference by the 7th of August. We slowed up a bit after that with only Motherwell giving the reserves a huge fright

Maciver already chasing records breaking one that's almost 40 years old
Maciver 6 goals a game.png

SPL
SPL.png

MacIver could have won golden boots for a whole season with that haul

Champions League Draw
CL Draw.png

Very Hard start

Uefa Super Cup
Chelsea 1-2 Aberdeen
Super cup win.png

Gochev's final goal for the club secured the Super Cup​

September

Fixture
Fix.png

Hibs ended the winning run far earlier than last season. We are definitely going to lose games this season to the smaller SPL teams. We've been very clumsy. This is not just an overreaction to drawing with Hibs but St Mirren also should have taken points off us. At least we beat Celtic to return to the top of the league and we knocked them out of the cup in a convincing manner.

SPL
SPL.png

Rangers & Ross County's poor start is the standout

Champions League
CL1.png
CLw.png

Two home games against major European teams and two big wins. Bayern was actually a close game with us getting the breaks. Arsenal were toothless

Scotland
Scotland.png

Two big wins have us on the verge of Euro 2040​

October

Fixtures
Fix.png

Amazingly similar to last month where we thrashed everyone we played but had a complete wet fart performance this time against relegation strugglers Ayr.

SPL
SPL.png

Celtic are hanging around if we keep dropping points they will be a danger.

Champions League
CL match.png

Only 1 game and we won with a rotated squad

Scotland
SCo fixtires.png

100% record has confirmed our spot at Euro 2040

2 Players cleared 100 caps for the nation
Sco 100 1st.png
Sco 100 2nd.png

November

Fixtures
Fix.png

We went into the international break on stunning form before losing both strikers MacIver & Cuellar for a month. Bavidge showed he still has it winning the St Mirren game before a brace against Rangers. I'd say we gained a point at Parkhead after losing Guner & Martinez to a knock and Villareal's red card with half an hour to go. Despite all this, we keep the long unbeaten run going.

SPL
SPL.png

Celtic also drew with Ayr so we extend the lead at the top. Rangers are still in the bottom half.

Champions League
CL1.png
CL2.png

What a terrible month for our European champions. An away draw in Germany wasn't fun but accepted the rare dropped points. Chelsea on the other hand was a dagger to the heart with their winner in the 93rd minute winner

Scotland
Sco.png

Perfect record. We are onto Euro 2040​

December

World Play Of the Year
World player of the year.png

Amazing to have the best player in the world at Aberdeen. Even more amazing that he's Scottish

League Cup Final
Aberdeen 1-0 Rangers AET
League cup fina;.png

Rangers pushed us all the way but there were no bloopers this time and we took home the first domestic trophy of the year

Fixtures
Fix.png

Our best domestic month of the season. We won all our games convincingly with the closest game being a snowball fight in Dingwall

SPL
SPL.png

Celtic drop points and we take full advantage to go 14 points clear. Dundee Utd and Hibs are fighting over 3rd which for the first time this season looks like Rangers could get involved. Gaps starting to emerge at the bottom.

Champions League
CL.png

Our sketchy Champions League form goes on. We dropped a 2 goal lead at Benfica with a former Dons midfielder scoring the crucial goal

January

Fixtures
Fix.png

Clean sweep. The old firm met in the cup so Celtic are already out of that

SPL
SPL.png

Celtic have the challenge of Dundee Utd & Hibs chasing them down. Rangers fall out of the top 6 again.

Champions League
Cl1.png
CL2.png

We won our final two games comfortably and good thing too

Final Table
CL table.png

It would have been very close if we had dropped points. Liverpool finished top but i had to scroll down a spot to show that all 4 Scottish teams qualify from the group. The other 3 are in the playoffs.

Transfer Window

SPL
SPL.png

Ourselves and Celtic have big selling summers with 4 key players leaving the green side of Glasgow. I also start my giving back to the league program by dropping £15m to my feeder team Cove to try to get the other Aberdeen-based team up the leagues, and £12.5m to Huntly to hopefully see my hometown team rise into the league system for the first time.

Aberdeen
Ilam Tourfiqui was available at a bargain price. I don't think he'll be here longer than 18 months but there will be a profit on him when he does go.

in Islam.png

Two more join the youth team
Youth 1.png
Youth 2.png

Out
Armaan Singh leaves the team after 9 years and over 250 games winning 2 Champions League titles and scoring the winning goal in 2037. I had to sell one of the 6 MCs i had a the team and Singh was the only player who got offers. I was hoping and expecting this to be closer to £100m but as the window came to a close this was the best offer i got Liverpool walked away with a bargain and i needed to figure out which of my gang of 21-year-olds would take his spot starting for us.

Armaan Singh P267 Ave Rating 7.09
Out sing joined.png
Out sing sold.png

February

Fixtures
FIx.png

Our perfect domestic form hits 3 months. Ross County came close to giving our backups a scare but the strikeforce with a average age of 18 got the job done

SPL
SPL.png

What on earth is going on with this Celtic team that was giving us trouble early in the season? Dundee Utd are now a real danger to challenging them for 2nd place. Rangers have pulled themselves back into the top 6 but hard to see them going any higher than 4th from here. I've not looked at the bottom half much this year but the stand out is Ross County the Europa Conference League champions 2 seasons ago are having a disastrous year and are not safe from the bottom 2.

Champions League Draw
Celta Vigo vs Aberdeen
CL Draw.png

We just pumped Celta last month so this should be an easy ride to the quarter-finals. Rangers fell short against Juve as did Dundee Utd to Hertha Berlin both only going out by the odd goal​

March

Youth Intake
Youth DC 2.png
YOuth DC.png

Been a long time since we got decent youngsters in a youth intake but here are two future 1st team stars.

Fixtures
FIx.png

Our domestic dominance goes on and even better Rangers are also out of the Scottish Cup so we get Hearts in the semis

SPL
SPL.png

We won the league win the win over Dundee Utd and crowned it by beating Celtic to go almost 30 points clear. Rangers have rallied up to 4th already and Ross County are also on a roll and has all but secured their survival. Should be between the bottom. Motherwell have already won the championship

Champions League
Last 16

1st Leg
Celta Vigo 1-1 Aberdeen
CL1.png

Maybe i underestimated the Spanish side. Hope our home advantage will bring us the win

2nd Leg
Aberdeen 5-0 Celta Vigo
Aberdeen win 6-1 on Agg
CL2.png

Sorted it out in the 2nd leg to go through with the biggest win of the 8 ties. Celtic were pumped by Man City

Quarter Final Draw
Juventus vs Aberdeen
CL Draw.png

Only Sevilla would have been a better draw so happy with this​

April

Fixtures
Fix.png

We rotated heavily during the month with Champions League games but it did nothing to slow down our charge.

SPL
SPL.png

Two old firm games & Hibs are the last obstacle in our way of back-to-back unbeaten seasons. Celtic have 2nd locked up unless Dunde eUtd can overturn a 31-goal difference. They would be more worried about holding onto 3rd with Rangers now 6 points behind. The two Edinburgh teams look set for the conference while St Johnstone and Queens Park will probably go down to the final day

Champions League
Quarter Finals

1st Leg
Juventus 2-1 Aberdeen
CL1.png

Juve took their chances but at least were still in it for the 2nd leg

2nd Leg
Aberdeen 3-0 Juventus
Aberdeen win 4-2 on agg
CL2.png

Thank goodness we had that electric start before going down to 10 men.

Semi-Final Draw
Aberdeen vs Sevilla
CL draw.png

The easiest draw we have had so far in this years knock out phase

Scotland Euro 2040 Draw
euros draw.png

The group of Brexit.​

May

Fixtures
Fix.png

We win out to go a 2nd season in a row unbeaten without dropping a point from November

SPL
SPL.png

No changes in the League. Rangers barely hang onto the Champions League spot. St Mirren grabs a conference league spot

Champions League semi-final

1st Leg
Aberdeen 3-0 Sevilla
CL1.png

Both home sides are in great shape to reach the final.

2nd Leg
Sevilla 2-1 Aberdeen
Aberdeen win 4-2 on Agg
CL2.png

That was a hairy night out in Sevilla. We had fallen two goals behind before halftime and with two goals disallowed and having two players subbed off injured all before halftime, it felt like the world was against us. Thankfully Consigli turned the tie back in our favour in the 2nd half.

Final
CL Draw.png

For the third time, it is Aberdeen vs Liverpool in the final with both sides holding a win each. In fact, since our first final in 2034 either Aberdeen or Liverpool have won 5/6 titles and every final has featured one of the teams.

Scottish Cup Final
Dundee Utd 1-3 Aberdeen
Sco cup fianl.png

Domestic treble ticked off. Had it won by half time we could have moved our minds to the Champions League final​

Champions League Final 2040

From Ataturk Olympic Stadium
Stadium.jpg

From a country that has never had the Olympics?

The two best teams of the past decade start off the 40s facing each other for the third time.

Aberdeen 2-2 Liverpool
Fianl.png

Aberdeen win 4-3 on Pens
Pens.png

Jeez how close we came to throwing this all away. We were 1 up at HT through Cuellar and MacIver doubled the lead after the hour. I was slowly taking knackered players out of the game when Liverpool got back in the game with 10 minutes to go then the big kick in the balls Petkov with 3 minutes to go forcing extra time. No goals followed so we went to penalties

We looked doomed missing out first two but Liverpool missed their last three with two former Dons (Petkov & Barisic) and future Don Antonio Jose involved with missing 3/4 of Liverpool's pens

The Dons secure back-to-back Champions League titles and hold every trophy they entered this season holding the SPL, League Cup, Scottish Cup, Champions League, and European Super Cup. The Champions League win has us tied for 6th most successful team in the Champions League with Ajax​

End of Season 18

SPL - Winner
SPL.png

8 in a row and 12/13. 4 fewer points than last season. We scored less too but the defence was historically good with only 10 goals going past us in 38 games. Unfortunately due to rotation, the clean sheet record stays with Luiz Juniors 2033/34 season where he conceded almost 3 times that number. Celtic were in a similar spot over 30 points behind but more reliant on loan players. Dundee Utd has an almost identical season but that's enough to take advantage of Rangers having a stinker and only just recovering for a top 4 finish. Hearts & Hibs reached the Europa League and St Mirren got into the Conference League

Playoffs
Queens Park 2-1 Dundee
SPL Playoff.png

Dundee won the first leg but there will be no instant return as Queens Park turn it around.

Managers
SPL Manager.png

The bottom 2 both changed managers but it made no difference.

In Europe
Celtic Reached the last 16 by losing to Man City so no shame in that
Dundee Utd & Rangers both reached the knockout round but only just then lost to powerhouses Juventus & Hertha so again nothing to be ashamed of.
Hibs reached the last 32 of the Europa League but again faced a higher power in Roma
St Mirren had a terrible run in the Europa only picking up 1 win.
Ross County were thrashed in the Conference qualifiers

Champions League Final
Aberdeen 2-2 Liverpool
Aberdeen win on pens

We had a whole post on this but the Europa League is where the story really is here.

Europa League Final
Tottenham 0-1 Leeds
CL story.png

So Leeds won the Conference last year and after finishing 10th that was their only way into Europe. Now they have won the conference league and will be in the Champions League. In the same season as they play

IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP
CL Leeds.png

Squad Review

Goalkeeper
Squad GK.png

****, i have to write a different write-up for the keepers as Dussart left on loan and we had a new backup from the youth team in Seb Acosta.

Defense
Squad DF.png

This may be the last time we post this locked in back 4. Villareal is 30, De Falco has 12 months left on his deal & Jean Niedermann has 24 months. Backups are not up to their level and only Villareal who could be the best left back in the game right now is playing at a top level.

Midfield
Squad Mid.png

Alvarez steps in and provides more defensive strength than Singh but his attacking numbers compared to the other 3 starts are abysmal. Martinez had an amazing season really showed his class in a good team but is not signing a new contract and his current one ends in 12 months. In fact, 4 starters are out of contract in the next 2 years however all backups filed in well when required, except Islam Toufiqui. The youngsters didn't shine

Attack
Squad Att.png

MacIver was incredible again. Star of the team. Consigli was more solid and less injured than Cuellar but both will be in danger of being replaced when i look through the returning players. 34-year-old Bavidge joins the list of players that are out of contract in the summer. There is no chance in **** i sell him even though he's 4th choice

Players for life

Bradley Cummings - DC

P479 G23

Star cummings.png

Continues to lead the defense for club & country.

Alfie Bavidge - ATT
P822 G603
Star bavidge.png

Now the 4th choice striker but he stayed fit all season. His biggest achievement of the season was getting to 100 Scotland goals. As a reminder at the start of the save the national record was 29

Andy MacIver - ATT
P233 G205
Star Maciver.png

MacIver is in his 2nd season as a world-class player scoring more goals than games but fewer goals overall.

I was going to add 2 more but will let the transfer window dictate if they appear in 2041 list

Rankings

Club Ranking - 2nd
Ranking Clubs.png

How do we win the Champions League & Super Cup but finish with fewer points the Liverpool?

National League - 4th
Rankings league.png

Despite winning the Champions League Scotland pulled in under 15,000 points and collapsed down to 6th in the rankings. Only 2 automatic champions league spots with i qualifier and the other competitions suffer too

places.png

National Team ranking - 10th
Rankings nation.png

Were top 10 in the world! Who knows how far a good Euros could take us

Awards

Player of the Year
Andy MacIver
AWard player of year.png

3rd in a row. Halfway to Bavidge's record of 6

Young Player of the Year
Andy MacIver
AWard young player.png

4 in a row is double the next-best

Top Scorer
Andy MacIver
Award top scorer.png

2 in a row. The question now is can he chase down Bavidge's 8 awards

Team of the Year
AWard team.png

Last edited:

Euro 2040

Squad
Squd 1.png
Squd 2.png

Last chance for this squad. 4 starters are over 30 as is over half the squad. Major rebuild after this summer

Warm Up Games
warm ups.png

Two more wins as we go into the competition on a 14-match winning run

Euros Group
Group.png

I can not explain the levels of anger i have at this moment. We played an utter stinker against the Czechs so i rotated for the Northern Ireland game to ensure my best players were fit for what i assumed would be the group decider against England. Northern Ireland dropped our 3rd worst defeat in the save and put us in a must win scenario against England. We got the win but all a 1-0 win did was eliminate both teams. How we finished below England with the better head-to-head and higher goal difference is the cherry on top of the most disappointing moment in the 13 months of the save. I Hope i can keep my job so i can chuck these old farts in the skip and go after the 2042 world cup with a new squad

Final
Turkey 1-2 Spain
Winner.png

The Spanish won their first Euros since 2012​

Last edited:

Season 19
Aberdeen 2040

The Dons ended a near-perfect season. A treble and unbeaten in the league. Like the national team, this Dons x1 is starting to age although not as bad as the Scotland team. I have got to start looking at transitioning through some players, says the guy who just signed 3 players over 27 to long-term deals.

Squad
As it always is now the struggle to get the squad down to under the 25-man limit. To get there we needed to put 47 players out on loan. How many of them will make it back to the first team? Not important now. Here is our class of 2040

Goalkeepers
Squad GK.png

Dussart is gone and he has been replaced with a massive upgrade in Brahim Oudjani who may be the best keeper in the world. Sadly for him at Aberdeen, i hold significant value in a keeper who came through the club as Ajayi has and he will be my league keeper while Oudjani will play in Europe and the Cups. One will probably be sold for big money next season.

Defense
Squad Def.png

The back 4 returns once again but two bargain signings in Jose & Tremble make us much stronger in depth while 5* youth player Nicu is promoted to back up DR

Midfield
Squad Mid.png

This midfield is elite! All starters are 4.5*s at least as is the potential of all the backups except Vlad Levchuk who was signed on a free to sell next summer.

Strikers
Squad Attack.png

Could Dujakovic be the long-term sidekick to MacIver? It won't be Riyadi who should move to Juventus in the next few hours. Cuellar is a good enough backup up while Bavidge is going to have his last season as the 4th striker.

Transfer Window

SPL
SPL Transfers.png

Celtic make the biggest splash of the summer by some distance. The European money is starting to filter into the smaller teams of which 6 spent over £1m on a transfer and another 2 were just short.

Aberdeen
DOns in 2.png

DOns in 1.png

An unprecedented five players join for the first team.

Mentioned Oudjani already. Well, here he is.
In GK Brah.png

Antonio Jose is a class and ready-made replacement for the next time one of my current defenders threatens to leave. Henrique will likely be a one-season wonder.
In DC Alex tremb.png
In DC marques.png
In Def Antonio.png

Jimenez takes the average age of our midfield down a tad while midfielder Levchuk adds depth, we didn't need.
In Mid 1.png
in Mid 2.png

Youth
In YOuth 1.png
In YOuth 2.png
In YOuth 3.png
In youth 4.png
In youth 5.png
In YOuth 6.png
In YOuth 7.png
In YOuth 8.png
in Youth 9.png

Langton and the selection of Scottish players has got me really excited.

Out
Dons out 2.png
DOns in 2.png

For the second window in a row, my plan of not selling to Liverpool was ignored but i have given myself the leeway with Sukulic only being my 5th choice CB. Speaking of defenders moving south Watford for a bargain price this time is Allan Bruyere who i imagined becoming the starting right back but he already had his head turned as a backup up and with the amazing youth prospects coming through 1 of them has to turn out better than him. Surely?. Keeper Carl Dussart finally left to be a 1st team starter but not at Celta Vigo where had been on loan but to Mexico. Gabriel Consigli made an even bigger profit than i expected as did fellow squad backups Reis, Kempf & Risdale while young talent Darius MacAuliffe refused to sign a new deal so he moved on.​

August

Fixtures
Fix.png

A reasonable start in the league considering we have only played bottom-half teams

SPL
SPL.png

Super Cup
Leeds 1-2 Aberdeen
SUper Cup.png

A Championship team vs a Scottish team. Were the people fixing European football to be the Super League sham it dreams of?
We become the first team since Real Madrid in 2018 to retain the European Super Cup who are the only other team since AC Milan in 1990

Champions League Draw
CL draw.png

That could be the worst start anyone has ever had​