Badders006

Reaction score
Another Bite of The Apple
"It is still 1-0 to Manchester United against Newcastle United as we come to the closing stages of this game, here they come again on the attack .The ball is worked out wide to beckham he swings it in toward the young substitue Lee..!"
"Oh my that is a horrific challenge!"
"Viewers we advise you look away !"
"I think this F.A Cup final is over Andy... "

I looked back to see what happened. I wish I hadnt, his body lie limp on the floor blood gushing from his head. I was expecting a reaction from the united players but It just didnt come , they were just crying as he was rushed into the ambulance on the side of the pitch. Later that day the young united trainee was announced dead.

The next week I was released from newcastle. I was informed legal action would be taken and that if I pleaded guilty I could get eight years for manslaughter. Only months later the deed was done and I was too serve my time. Eight years in prison.

The Crowds gathered outside as I made my way into the "Big House". They spat at me threw things at me none of that hurt. But one thing that I will always remember was the cry of one man with his son. He shouted "My son loved you ! " I looked around and saw the young boy staring at me, I tried to raise a smile but in return I was given a raise. I went from hero to zero withing moments. Thats what hurt me most.

I was given a hard time in prison. But that was to be expected being a former england international in a low security prison but my commitment to prison football team helped me get by and earn respect from my fellow inmates. The whole time I was inside I thought about nothing but my return to football.

Eight years on from the F.A Cup final in 2002 , My name is Barry "the butcher" Thompson. 32 years old , out of work., no money , no home and im Hoping for another bite of the apple.

prison.jpg

This is my first story so go easy guys ! First full update to come soon ... :D Any suggestions welcome :)

Like a mix between Marlon King and Mean Machine, nice work

The Search Begins
It will be tough trying to find a job with convicted criminal on your CV. I've been applying for jobs abroad.To try and get a fresh start the job at spanish la liga side Valladolid is available and my application has been sent. Im not expecting a posotive response in fact im not expecting a response at all.

Two weeks and still no reply. I dont think thats happening then ! I sat on my bed deflated wondering if i'd ever return to the sport I love... then suddenly a ring !

"Hola, senor. This is Carlos Suarez speaking Chairman of Valldolid , I am interested in brining you over to spain for a job interview. This is Barry Thompson right ?!"
"Hola , Hola !" I could barley hold my excitment. My head almost hit the low cieling of the travel tavern I was staying in as I jumped up and down ! "Yes I am Barry Thompson !, I thought you'd never call ! "
"Mr Thompson calm down...it is only an inital interview I would like to meet you in the capital on July the 3rd !"
"Of course, Of Course Mr Suarez !"
"You be there on the 3rd of July Mr Thompson , I look forward to seeing you. Adios."
"Thank you Mr Suarez. Adios"

I jumped up in the air and pumped my fist. Much like I used to do in my newcastle days after scoring ! Taking out a chunk of the flimsy ceiling in the process !

"Get in !" I bellowed. Much to my embaressment a passing maid peeped here head throught the door to see me sat on the floor covered in dust and ceiling !
"Are you alright sir ?" She said. I only replied with a cheeky grin. The maid sighed and slammed the door shut !

pic_mobile_phone_forensic_analysis.jpg

---------- Post added at 11:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 PM ----------

Thanks for the posotive comments lads :$! Yeh I was watching mean machine the other day then I saw the thing about marlon king so i thought i'd make a story similar to it. + the manslaughter idea came from lee hughes.
Yeh my avatar does rock to be fair ! (H)

---------- Post added at 11:45 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 11:20 PM ----------

The Interview
I have no freinds left in football. Nobody to help me back on the path to super-stardom im in this on my own. It's July the 3rd the day of my interview with Valladolid chairman Carlos Suarez i've been practicing my presentation every since I got the call. What I was going to say , How I would help the club and most importantly how I was going to succeed.

When I arrived at the location I expected it somwhere formal , I was right the interview was to be conducted in one of the finest restuerants in the nations capital. I pulled up in a rented honda and readyied myself a quick spray of aftershave a wipe of the forhead and in I went. When I reached the entrance I was greeted by two men in suits. One of the men said.
"Mr Thompson right !?"
"Yes , Yes im Barry thompson pleasure to meet you" I replied
"Come with me Mr Suarez would like to see you now"He told me. I followed the man into the builidng to find myself in an empty resutrant but for one table waiting there was Mr Suarez.
"Hola !! Hola! " Mr Suarez said in a jovial manner. "Come sit down". I cautiously took a seat at the table where he and three other men were sitting. I smiled to the men then returned my attention to Mr Suarez. " SO ! Mr Thompson , lets get down to it ..." He said quietly. "First off what do you think you will bring to my great club !"
"Trophies" I replied with a beaming smile. Mr Suarez and his men chuckled and continued with similar questions. I thought I was doing well giving answers that seemed to get a posotive response every time. Mr suarez informed me that he'd call me and let me know of his desicion before I headed back to england.

All I could do now was wait , I sat in the hotel room for two days waiting for a decision. On my 5th and final day in spain the phone call came.
"Hello Barry Thompson speaking"
"Hola Barry I know it is you , Carlos Suarex here. I am sorry to tell you that you didnt get the job." My heart sank with dissapointment. "We felt that your lack of experience combined with your history would stop you from taking the club to it's potential. We have opted for someone more local. We wish you luck with your future. Adios"
I had heard enough I hung up and chucked my phone across the room. My chance had gone.

JobInterviewManSmall_crop380w.jpg

---------- Post added at 09:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:45 AM ----------

Just going to bump this. Is anyone going to follow this at all or is there no point carrying on ? Not trying to be rude or anything but I dont want to carry on with this if nobody is reading it ! :'(

Last edited:
I think when the career begins more people will enjoy it. Saying that, i've started mine and it has 1 reply!
Keep going anyway, see how it is when you get to say October/November in the game.

Little tip; don't leave a space between the "!"s and "?"s at the end of your sentences, it looks neater if you don't.

Brilliant idea so far and looking forward to the next update.

Little tip; don't leave a space between the "!"s and "?"s at the end of your sentences, it looks neater if you don't.

Brilliant idea so far and looking forward to the next update.

Never understood why people leave a space between "!" and "?"..

I think when the career begins more people will enjoy it. Saying that, i've started mine and it has 1 reply!
Keep going anyway, see how it is when you get to say October/November in the game.

Cheers mate I was just wondering if anyone was reading maybe I should do the updates at night that's when most people are online!

Edds-99 Thanks bud it seems to be a little habit i've gotten into dont know why though.

I'll start the new update in a minute and try and get down to the proper story! :D

Comments are good motivation and i cant really see who's following and who's not following without them!so if your following please just comment :)

Last edited:
best of luck mate will pop in from time to time and what is going on :D

The Final Chance
Deflated, I returned england after what was fair to say a waste of a trip. The inital meida hype sorrounding my release had gone quiet now and I was looking forward to getting back to normality. Who knows maybe i'll have to get a real job away from the glamorous life of football. Once I had returned to my travel tavern in Leeds I just wanted to hide away for a few days. I sat in the rather uncomortable airmchair in the corner of the room and turned on the radio.

"Peter Reid's move to the currently vacant position at bradford has fallen through after he chose Plymouth over the bantams , speculation is rife that former Wimbeldon and Newcastle united man Barry Thompson who has been recently released from prison could be a prime candidate" I sat up in disbelief. "Rumour has it that Thompson could be installed as manager by as early as next week." I had hear it twice to beleive it. Then just I came to my senses and realised it was just speculation the phone rang. I rushed over to the phoned hesitantly.
"Hello?" I asked.
"Hello, Mr Thompson ?" He replied
"Yes I am Mr thompson and who are you might I ask?"
"I am Julian Rhodes, chairman of Bradford City football club, you may have heard some stories recently about us wanting to you to take the reins after the Peter Reid deal fell through? I have discuess the possibilty of that happenning with the other board members...
"Yes ?" I said hurrying him along
"And since you are the only viable candidate with experience at the top level we would be willing to take you on as manager." He sighed almost in discontent that I was the only option left.
"Are you serious Mr Rhodes" I questioned
"Im afraid so, yes... because this is an emergency appointment I would like you to be at the ground first thing tommorow morning ready for a press conference"
"Of course! Of course! You wont regret this Mr Rhodes!" I said with delight
"Well I should hope not, I will see you tommorow Mr Thompson" and with that the conversation was over.

I flopped back on to bed emotinally drained by the ordeal. With the wife and kids long gone the move would be easy. This is my final chance now I have to take it by the scruff of the neck

handshake.jpg

bbcsports.png

Thompson Returns In Shock Move

Former Newcastle Man who was sent to prison in 2001 after commiting manslaughter in an on-pitch incident has returned to the sport. Thompson has returned in a managerial role after being banned from playing the sport 2002. Thompson had previously been renown for his battling displays in the middle of the park at both wimbeldon and newcastle wich earned him 25 caps for his nation before his ban. Thompson has been desperate to get back into work since his release and had applied for the job at valladolid. But after Peter Reids move to Bradford fell through the position became vacant again. The bradford board looked for a potential replacment for weeks but after their criteria of an experienced league manager wasnt met they turned too they're only option. Former convict Barry "the butcher" Thompson. The news has sparked a reaction from bantams fans claming the appointment as a publicity move. Thompson will be determined to prove the Bradford faithful wrong.

Thompson will have his first chance to speak publicly about the move in his much anticipated press conference at mid-day tommorow.

good luck mate
bradford is a big challenge
hope your up for it

Last edited:
Next update will be in the morning. I've been busy getting smashed after opening day! and wallowing in my tears after the mighty red army were robbed by the albion ! :'(

---------- Post added at 12:53 PM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 09:36 PM ----------

There's a little bit of a technical hitch, everytime I go too post a new advnaced reply the site ask's me to log in...I do this then it loads a blank white screen when I press back it goes back to my fully written reply and when I go to post it again it ask's me too log in still. Even when I click Preview Post it does this does anyone know what I can do to get rid of this and post the next update ?